Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So, now you know what Lois' three things are (rather than her three rules). Three things she has been waiting to experience since she was nineteen. What did you think?

TOC

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Poor Clark. Poor confused Clark. I understand why Lois is delaying, but she really is sending some very mixed messages and is, I think, doing them both a disservice.

Then again, if she had told him everything, the story would be several parts shorter and your readers wouldn't have as much of a ride to enjoy along the way.

I don't suppose you'd give us an Easter present of dropping an extra part today? No? I didn't think so, but it was worth asking.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No, no, no, no, Lois. How is Clark ever going to think "him" is actually "HIM" if you talk about kissing him? Clark SAW you kissing Lex. He's going to think it's Lex. wallbash This is bad. Very bad. Better that Clark think Lois is obsessed with Superman than Lex. Does Clark even have that inkling that Lex is bad news yet?

PERRY: What are you talking about? All psychos are GOOD for the news business.

CLARK: Except when the blow up the Daily Planet.

PERRY: /double finger pointing at him / You DON'T know that's going to happen. Sure, it happened before Lois knew she loved you before she ever met you, but now... who knows?

CLARK: What?

LOIS: /glares at Perry/

PERRY: [Linked Image] Nothing.

How's Lois going to end up on the Prometheus shuttle if she's off having cozy intimate lunches with Clark? How will play fashion model with his mom, deciding on just the right outfit to wear to break Lois of her obsession with Lex Luthor, if he's having cozy, secret-revealing lunches with Lois?

LOIS & CLARK: [Linked Image] No secrets were revealed! /look at one another/ Wait. You have a secret?

I'm going to have to agree with Lynn. That part felt more like a nibble, an appetizer to another part, a tease. Not quite long enough to count as a real part. POST MORE! grovel

LATER: Also, Lois, Clark is so totally going to forgive you for not telling him UNLESS you keep on in this manner. He loves you! Tell him NOW! /unless, of course, that shortens the story somewhat. Then just ignore this rambling commenter./

Last edited by VirginiaR; 04/05/15 06:37 PM. Reason: more thoughts

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Poor Clark. Poor confused Clark. I understand why Lois is delaying, but she really is sending some very mixed messages and is, I think, doing them both a disservice.

Then again, if she had told him everything, the story would be several parts shorter and your readers wouldn't have as much of a ride to enjoy along the way.

I'll second that 100%. I have to say that I disapprove the way Lois behaves in this chapter, especially since KK has made clear that she's aware of Clark's discomfort when she talks about her mysterious love interest... Why don't just drop the subject?
I don't suppose you'd give us an Easter present of dropping an extra part today? No? I didn't think so, but it was worth asking.

Ha, nice try Lynn... Although I think we'll have to make do with the chocolate eggs wink
Happy Easter/Passover everyone!

Last edited by HiddenMoon; 04/05/15 06:38 PM.

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
Kerth
Kerth
Lois pondered whether she should have done exactly what her dream suggested all day the next day.
YES! grin LOL

But Lois also knew that he could be naughty.
I know that, too! Check everything I write on the other side of the boards. devil

"It really is complicated, and unbelievable, and … so very strange." She shook her head. "Telling you could change everything and, even in just a few days, you've become a good friend, Clark. I don't want to lose you."
Well, yes, I'll grant you that. It is strange, but, hey, if anyone understands strange, it would be Clark. wink There's a whole lot to gain if you tell him, Lois. You know you want to! grin

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lois is just confusing Clark more and more. I can't wait for the next part.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lo-is. Come on, tell the guy! Tell him the truth! huh Please?!?

Poor Clark. If he wasn't confused before, he definitely is now. There's no way that he could think that 'Him' could possibly be...HIM wink. Clark is falling more and more for Lois, all the while thinking she is more--and even more--unattainable. Ouch, that has got to hurt dizzy.

But...I guess in Lois' defense, she wasn't the one to bring 'Him' up at lunch. Clark was--because he's so bothered by...um, I guess it would be 'Him'self grin. Sorry, couldn't resist.

I really enjoyed finding out Lois' three things--#1. Kissing Clark. #2. Flying with Clark. And #3. Clark's arms around her. After waiting 8 years, can't (at all) blame a girl for dreaming about her future husband--especially now that she is getting to know him in person. Very Waffy smile.

Can-Not-Wait-Till-The-Next-Part grovel grovel grovel
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Yes, he is confused, and yes it would be great if she could say something. BUT, I know it may not seem like it, but technically they have only known each other for two or three days. Would you advocate Clark telling Lois his secret (in cannon - not in this story) at this point? Nope!

Definitely not. And I'm sure you don't want it to end yet.

Joy,
Lynn
Um, sorry. No. Although - it IS now Sunday ...

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
No, no, no, no, Lois. How is Clark ever going to think "him" is actually "HIM" if you talk about kissing him? Clark SAW you kissing Lex. He's going to think it's Lex. wallbash This is bad. Very bad. Better that Clark think Lois is obsessed with Superman than Lex. Does Clark even have that inkling that Lex is bad news yet?
Ooooo, so many thoughts in this. To tell you the absolute truth ... Clark does not think it's Lex. It hadn't even occurred to me that he might - due to seeing the kiss. He possibly didn't even see the kiss as it was in the corridor and it was NOT shown that he was x-raying to see it. He does know that they went on a 'interview/date' but that's it. In regards to Clark's thoughts about Lex. They are pretty much as cannon.

PERRY: What are you talking about? All psychos are GOOD for the news business.

CLARK: Except when the blow up the Daily Planet.

PERRY: /double finger pointing at him / You DON'T know that's going to happen. Sure, it happened before Lois knew she loved you before she ever met you, but now... who knows?

CLARK: What?

LOIS: /glares at Perry/

PERRY: [Linked Image] Nothing.
Pretty much just as confusing as the thoughts which go around Lois' head in Wrong Clark!!!!!!

How's Lois going to end up on the Prometheus shuttle if she's off having cozy intimate lunches with Clark?
That's 'tomorrow' if you read the conversation with Perry in the previous paragraph.

How will play fashion model with his mom, deciding on just the right outfit to wear to break Lois of her obsession with Lex Luthor, if he's having cozy, secret-revealing lunches with Lois?
Still to come. grin Pretty much ALL non-Lois scenes have played out as cannon.

LOIS & CLARK: [Linked Image] No secrets were revealed! /look at one another/ Wait. You have a secret?
lol

I'm going to have to agree with Lynn. That part felt more like a nibble, an appetizer to another part, a tease. Not quite long enough to count as a real part. POST MORE! grovel
LOL. Okay, I'll post more ... in a few minutes.

LATER: Also, Lois, Clark is so totally going to forgive you for not telling him UNLESS you keep on in this manner. He loves you! Tell him NOW! /unless, of course, that shortens the story somewhat. Then just ignore this rambling commenter./
And you sure don't want a short story do you?

Originally Posted by HiddenMoon
I'll second that 100%. I have to say that I disapprove the way Lois behaves in this chapter, especially since KK has made clear that she's aware of Clark's discomfort when she talks about her mysterious love interest... Why don't just drop the subject?
Clark brought up the subject and Lois tried to give as short an answer as possible - to start with. But, it felt just a tiny bit freeing to be able to talk about 'the man she loves' because she has had no-one to talk to about him for eight years.

Originally Posted by groobie
Lois pondered whether she should have done exactly what her dream suggested all day the next day.
YES! grin LOL
Of course she should have ... In fact - I'll let you all in on a little secret now. THAT scene was the inspiration for the whole story. IN fact it was going to BE the story to start with. It was a little vignette when Lois takes Clark to the roof and asks him to take her flying. Then she confesses that she knows who he is and has been waiting for him. It was meant to be a short 'what if'. But then I started to write, and it got longer and longer, and then I realised that this was a much more serious story than the vignette would have been, and that Lois wouldn't actually do THAT in this version. So it just became a dream.

But Lois also knew that he could be naughty.
I know that, too! Check everything I write on the other side of the boards. devil
LOL Oh, I do...

Well, yes, I'll grant you that. It is strange, but, hey, if anyone understands strange, it would be Clark. wink
True.

There's a whole lot to gain if you tell him, Lois. You know you want to! grin
Yes, she does. But, she also recognises that they have only known each other for two/three days.

Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
Lois is just confusing Clark more and more. I can't wait for the next part.
It's coming soon.

Originally Posted by LMA
Lo-is. Come on, tell the guy! Tell him the truth! huh Please?!?
She will ... eventually.

Poor Clark. If he wasn't confused before, he definitely is now. There's no way that he could think that 'Him' could possibly be...HIM wink.
No way at all. She says she's been in love with this man since she was 19, and Clark knows that he only met her two/three days ago.

Clark is falling more and more for Lois, all the while thinking she is more--and even more--unattainable. Ouch, that has got to hurt dizzy.
Yeah. Makes me want to comfort him. I'll hug him and kiss him and make him feel better.

But...I guess in Lois' defense, she wasn't the one to bring 'Him' up at lunch. Clark was--because he's so bothered by...um, I guess it would be 'Him'self grin. Sorry, couldn't resist.
Absolutely.

I really enjoyed finding out Lois' three things--#1. Kissing Clark. #2. Flying with Clark. And #3. Clark's arms around her.
Good. Glad you liked them.

After waiting 8 years, can't (at all) blame a girl for dreaming about her future husband--especially now that she is getting to know him in person. Very Waffy smile.
Thanks.

Can-Not-Wait-Till-The-Next-Part grovel grovel grovel
Laura
It's coming soon.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard