Next Thread
Print Thread
#262160 03/31/15 09:15 PM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
April Fools! grin (Sorry, I couldn't resist. peep )

So, what did you think?

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL!!! party

E.T. comes to Kansas. Smallville will never be the same. jawdrop

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved it!

It had kind of been a llllloooonnngggg day, and seriously, this story was exactly what I needed.

Didn't see the end coming at all, and then you had me rotflol.

Thanks, Lynn--awesome job clap. Always really enjoy your stories notworthy.
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 03/31/15 11:44 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Morgana, I agree. I almost wish my muse would continue the story beyond this point. I'd love to see what the Kents would do with this alien.

Laura, I'm delighted to have been able to give you a pick-me-up. And thanks for sticking through the standard-to-the-point-of-dull start of the story to get to the punchline.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
rotflol

Awesome! I'll be chuckling for the rest of the day. Good thing the kids aren't old enough to call me crazy yet.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Still thinking about that ending--had me laughing while out running errands smile.

Great job, Lynn clap.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
Nice. smile

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
DC and Laura, thank you. You made my day. I love it when one of my stories sticks with a reader past the time they move onto the next story.

Corrina, I know how busy you are these days, and I'm honoured that you would take the time to read my story. Thanks.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap I thought this very entertaining. I was especially caught off guard because you posted late on March 31st, so I wasn't expecting an April Fool's story. wallbash I should have known better. I did start to wonder if this happened instead of finding Clark's ship, or AFTER they found his ship. Once again, you have given my brain lots of food for thought. Thank you.

I read it to my daughter (10) who has seen E.T. As she's only seen it once, sadly she didn't catch the reference to "Phone Home" and didn't get the joke. Alas, stories like this work better if the joke doesn't have to be explained. Another loss to the generational divide.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Virginia,

I decided to post a little early for us so that the Aussie readers might be able to read the story while it was still the first of April for them. (And, I must admit, I didn't want to wait to post.)

I had envisioned that this landing was the only one to which the Kents were privy, but you are welcome to interpret that Clark now has an adoptive older/younger brother. Hmmm... There's a warped story in the making... The sequel to this story could include the landing of ALF in Shuster's field. Seems that that field is galactically famous.

I'm delighted that you liked my story enough to share it with your daughter, even if (alas, indeed) she didn't get it. In any event, it's good to hear that the "classics" like E.T. are being watched by the next generation.

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
OMG...it should have been ALF! That would have been hysterical! smile I bet those M&M people are still kicking themselves over all the revenue they lost to Reese's Pieces. smile Thanks for the laugh. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Susan,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you liked the story. I had originally thought of using ALF, but I figured that E.T. might be more well-known, especially among the younger readers. And if you don't know the alien, the punch line would fall flat. But I agree, ALF would have been funnier.

Joy,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Lynn!

"Jonathan, did you see that? Something just landed in Shuster's Field."
So, origin story? (says the reader while reading this on a mobile phone without scrollbars to indicate this is a really short one…)

"I didn't see anything; I was watching the road. It was probably just a vulture or something."
Wouldn’t that be unfortunate, them driving on and then some other guy finding the little bundle of havoc?
TRASK: wave

"No, Jonathan. It was a bright light. Pull over. I'd like a closer look."
No one ever told her to not go and seek out the bright light?

As they peered in, they could discern a small, tan figure with elongated digits. In a high but raspy voice it croaked, "Phone home."
Oops?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. /writer feigns innocence/)
Right.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I read it to my daughter (10) who has seen E.T. As she's only seen it once, sadly she didn't catch the reference to "Phone Home" and didn't get the joke. Alas, stories like this work better if the joke doesn't have to be explained. Another loss to the generational divide.
Funny thing: I saw Airplane II – The Sequel before E.T.:

The sequel to this story could include the landing of ALF in Shuster's field. Seems that that field is galactically famous.
rotflol It’s like the Inn at the Crossroads! hyper

What a fun little bundle of joy!
wave Michael

P.S.: Sorry if the FDK got longer than the story blush My bad...

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Michael wave,

What a lovely surprise -- a double treat. First, that I received any feedback so long after posting the story, and second that the feedback came from you. smile

Wouldn’t that be unfortunate, them driving on and then some other guy finding the little bundle of havoc?
TRASK: wave
shock

No one ever told her to not go and seek out the bright light?
Since when has Martha followed convention? (She's kind of like Lois in that regard.)

Funny thing: I saw Airplane II – The Sequel before E.T.:
Thanks for the clip. I've never actually seen any of the Airplane movies. This video was cute, but I could see where much of the humour would have been lost if one hadn't seen E.T. first.

It’s like the Inn at the Crossroads!
Exactly.

Sorry if the FDK got longer than the story blush My bad...
On the contrary, your (sic) good. (Well, that would be the opposite of "my bad," wouldn't it?) The more feedback the merrier. Thanks.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image]
First, that I received any feedback so long after posting the story,
[Linked Image]

and second that the feedback came from you.
Awwwww thud shucks! Yeah, I’ve been kind of absent lately. Really need more time wallbash

Since when has Martha followed convention? (She's kind of like Lois in that regard.)
laugh
LOIS: I object to the suggestion that I seek out death.

Thanks for the clip. I've never actually seen any of the Airplane movies.
You’re welcome! Come to think of it, I probably should rewatch them some time. Grown-ups do take parodies a different way than kids…

On the contrary, your (sic) good.
clap

The more feedback the merrier. Thanks.
You’re welcome!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard