#262096 03/29/15 12:03 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
*hides from all the people who were waiting for the date*

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Top Banana
Top Banana
I liked this chapter (even if we do have to wait to read about the date).

She turned on her heel and stalked off, her anger boiling inside and threatening to spill over into her demeanor. Her Lex! In jail! She would make the entire city pay for their crime against Lex. And she knew just where she was going to start.
I wonder if she's been sniffing her own perfume. Lex has no interest in her.

Carefully, he lifted the machine and flew off into the sky. Once he was clear of the Earth's atmosphere, he sent the hunk of metal hurtling away from his planet. He watched it for a long minute as it raced away into the vastness of space.
The minute I read this, it occurred to me that a scenario like that could really change the New Krypton arc (if the perfume made it there). Imagine Nor being more interested in love than war.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Annie!

Glad you liked it. I promise, the date is coming up next. I never really understood Miranda's obsession with Lex. Could well have been that the perfume was affecting her!

And, honestly, I thought about the implications if the perfume had hit the NKers too! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
DC,

I look forward to reading each chapter of this story.

I've made some assumptions as to just where this is going and is interesting to see how you play it out.

Wonderful story.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KenJ
DC,

I look forward to reading each chapter of this story.

I've made some assumptions as to just where this is going and is interesting to see how you play it out.

Wonderful story.

Thanks, Ken. I know you have some (correct) assumptions and some perhaps not quite as correct ones - from what you emailed me, anyway. Glad you are enjoying it. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Shall we say it? Poor Cat is always scoffed at, but this time her contribution has been crucial in solving the case! Render unto Caesar... wink

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by HiddenMoon
Shall we say it? Poor Cat is always scoffed at, but this time her contribution has been crucial in solving the case! Render unto Caesar... wink

Ha! Well, Cat was helpful...this time. You might not like her as much later down the road...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww man! No date laugh evil grumble . I was really looking forward to their date night (so much so that I was 'saving' the story to read till I had the perfect opportunity to read it blush grin).

BUT...

What a great chapter! I ended up getting so invested in what was happening, I didn't really think about the lack of their night out til I got to the end of this section.

A couple WAFFY parts I enjoyed smile (cause, yes, that is what seems to get my attention first):

"You and Clark...you're close, right?"

He cautiously nodded. "Yes."

"I wanted to tell you...before anything happens...Clark and I are dating."

"I know," he said, still wary.

"He told you?"

"He didn't have to. He cares a great deal for you, Lois. It didn't take me long at all to know that he'd be asking you out."

"Is that why you and I never...?"

He nodded. It was simpler than trying to explain the more complicated details. At some point, he would be telling her the whole truth anyway. Lois nodded in turn.

"You're okay with that?" she asked.

"More than you can imagine," he replied truthfully. "Clark's a good guy, and it makes me happy to see him so happy."

This exchange I thought was really sweet. There is something so great about Lois acknowledging to Clark as Superman that she is wanting to, and planning to, invest in Clark. Her being true to her feelings completely...and Clark getting to see that. Pretty magical notworthy.

Also:

"For a certain young lady?" the shop owner asked knowingly.

"Yes," Clark said with a nod. "Our first date is tonight."

The woman smiled. "For young love? I'll take off twenty-five dollars. That's my best offer though."

Clark looked again at the necklace as the woman placed it in his hand. It was the most elegant, stunning snowflake he'd ever seen, the entire thing white and ice blue crystal, with the barest hint of silver holding everything together. It hung from a slender silver chain that he estimated would settle the snowflake just an inch or two above Lois' breasts.

"Take a moment to think about it," the owner urged him as she turned to ring up another man's purchase.

As soon as she took her eyes off him, Clark slid his glasses down and checked the internal structure of the pendant. He was pleased to find it to be of top quality. He pushed his glasses back up, just in time. The owner turned back to him.

"I'll take it," he said.

The woman smiled, took the necklace, and got it boxed up for him. He refused a bag as he counted out money from his wallet, making a mental note to stop at an ATM on the way back to work. Once he was done, he slipped the slender box into the inner pocket of his suit jacket, then pulled his winter coat tighter around himself.

"Thanks," he said, smiling widely.

Lois is going to love this, he thought, already allowing himself to feel pride in the smile he knew he'd elicit from her that night.

So thoughtful and romantic of an idea. Lois will love it thumbsup. We already know how great of a guy Clark is--stuff like this'll make us (me) swoon even more hyper.

Can't wait to read Part 8. So excited!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Laura!

Sorry - I do promise the date is forthcoming. And (unless things get crazy in my house - always a possibility) I might post the next chapter Friday night since it's Easter weekend.

Anyway, glad you liked the chapter and all the WAFFy bits. I'm glad you liked Lois talking to Superman. I thought it could be a very powerful moment, but also wondered if readers would take it like Lois is giving Superman a last ditch shot at dating her. (I meant it as just her wanting to tell her friend that she's with Clark, no ulterior motive.)

And I loved the idea of Clark getting her something at the Winter Fest. I personally always admire the Swarovski crystal booths at outdoor markets (I do some of the winter ones in NYC usually) and the shops in the malls. Never bought anything, but have been sorely tempted at times! (They need to be a little more affordable.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
Good A-plot in this section with a smart use of Superman's powers. Lois telling Superman that she and Clark were dating...WAFF-O-RAMA! Now, come on, Clark, she's basically admitted TO YOU that she is interested in the regular guy, not the superpowered one, so you're going to have a harder time justifying keeping your secret for very long.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Good A-plot in this section with a smart use of Superman's powers. Lois telling Superman that she and Clark were dating...WAFF-O-RAMA! Now, come on, Clark, she's basically admitted TO YOU that she is interested in the regular guy, not the superpowered one, so you're going to have a harder time justifying keeping your secret for very long.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. True, it's harder for Clark to justify continuing to hide, but it's just more fun if we make the two of them sweat a bit. evil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard