Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
It's been six months in coming, but the final chapter is here.

As has been mentioned in the past, feedback equals love. smile1

European Engagement ring

Abrihet's engagement ring is on the second page #ER222BS

Last edited by Morgana; 03/29/15 06:48 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Morgana,

As you know, I don't usually comment on a story I'm involved with, but there are exceptions.

This story has been a long time in the crafting and, personally, I believe that it is excellent. You have succeeded in tying up the loose ends of the previous stories nicely, going all the way back to "A Lovely Smile" the unlikely start of a multi-part saga.

I am very happy that you have allowed me to be a part of this story.

Your readers are in for a rare treat.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
So ... Lois is Ultrawoman permanently now. Did she and Clark meet up with the Newtrich sisters and their red K again, or was it simply later than in canon?

Oh, and Lex actually being somewhat content with his life on New Krypton?! The plot thickens ... maybe Zod should watch his back!

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Yes! You posted! party

I love the proposal in the Pont des Arts! And Bernie is very romantic...

Do you know what is one of my favorite quotes?

Oui Bernhard! Oui!” Abrihet began to actually giggle like a young girl so great were the feelings that thrilled through her body.

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
KenJ

Morgana,

As you know, I don't usually comment on a story I'm involved with, but there are exceptions.

This story has been a long time in the crafting and, personally, I believe that it is excellent. You have succeeded in tying up the loose ends of the previous stories nicely, going all the way back to "A Lovely Smile" the unlikely start of a multi-part saga.

I am very happy that you have allowed me to be a part of this story.

Your readers are in for a rare treat.

Thanks for making this the exception! Where would I be without your patience and skillful beta guidance?

This has been a long journey, A Lovely Smile and the other stories were written separately, but at your suggestion they have become a multi-part saga! smile1

More to come!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
AnnieB

So ... Lois is Ultrawoman permanently now. Did she and Clark meet up with the Newtrich sisters and their red K again, or was it simply later than in canon?

Oh, and Lex actually being somewhat content with his life on New Krypton?! The plot thickens ... maybe Zod should watch his back!

All the action with the Newtrich sisters happened a month or so after Lex's 'disappearance'. Lois was hit with the red K ray, but instead of taking Superman's powers she now has them permanently. As Jor-El said, she is now biologically a Kryptonian.

Lex is changing and that will be more evident as the story progresses. Zod? Ah, we shall see... whistle

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Sydney

I love the proposal in the Pont des Arts! And Bernie is very romantic...

No small thanks to you my friend! The pictures of Paris, especially of the Pont des Arts and Nigerian wedding gowns helped shape the flavor of the story.

Bernie does have a romantic side, one that only Abrihet will ever see. love That's probably why she was giggling! laugh

Morgana

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very cute! (Well, except for the New Krypton part…) The proposal was very nice.

Lois is now Ultrawoman permanently? That would make for an interesting side story at some point.

It’s interesting to see Lex changing; I’m curious where he’ll wind up. Someone as smart as Lex may recognize that once Zod is on Earth with superpowers, he may turn on Lex, or ignore any promises he’s made.

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
LWhite

Lovely addition to the saga. I love the bridges with the padlocks in Paris - really beautiful. A nice way to tie up bits and pieces from the series.

Thank you. This story occurs just before placing the locks on the Pont des Arts bridge became a tourist 'thing'. So there is no mention of them when Bernie proposed to Abrihet. He probably would have gotten so distracted by the locks and what their additional weight was doing to the bridge, the proposal might not have happened!

Drawing the various stories together was fun. When I wrote A Lovely Smile some of the commentors and not a few PM folk asked if I would continue to explore Abrihet's life. Hopefully this trilogy provides the answer and more!

Last edited by Morgana; 04/07/15 11:40 PM.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
DebbieG

Very cute! (Well, except for the New Krypton part…) The proposal was very nice.

Lois is now Ultrawoman permanently? That would make for an interesting side story at some point.

It’s interesting to see Lex changing; I’m curious where he’ll wind up. Someone as smart as Lex may recognize that once Zod is on Earth with superpowers, he may turn on Lex, or ignore any promises he’s made.

As mentioned previously, Lois will retain her Ultra Woman powers. I was always sorry that UW never returned to the show. Having Clark's powers provided a unique opportunity for Lois to walk in her boyfriend's shoes and understand just exactly what he endured sometimes. It is probably why their relationship was so much stronger after that episode and why Lois decided to marry him.

We will see more about Lex's life on New Krypton and why he is reluctant to return to his homeworld. But now that Aykira is around, who knows what will happen next?

How will things go with Zod? Someone like Lex always has a backdoor to escape in case things get a little too hot to handle. Remember Foundling?

I wanted Bernie's proposal to be smooth. The character is portrayed as shy and nervous, which he was in this instance, but he also lonely especially when the woman he loves is 3,000 miles away. So glad everyone enjoyed watching these two people begin to blend their separate lives into one. sloppy

Last edited by Morgana; 04/02/15 04:29 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

Kerth
Kerth
I love Bernie and Abrihet! I'm glad you continued their story. smile Looks like other loose ends will from previous stories will be tied up here as well. I'll be waiting for the next part. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Groobie

It was a lot of fun writing about this couple! It took over two years to tie up the loose ends that started with Ants at a Picnic. Glad you liked the story. smile1

There are still a few more twists and turns before Bernie and Abrihet exchange their vows. But don't worry that has nothing to do with them! A certain Kryptonian will be getting in the way. help

Chapter Two will be up around midnight - maybe. grin

Last edited by Morgana; 04/10/15 06:51 AM.

Morgana

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Glad to see the continuation of this fic. Since the beginning I thought this story had potential to go further and become a multi-part tale. Jor-El surviving and meeting Clark is a storyline rarely seen in fanfics and it's always a refreshing theme to explore. You're turning it into an excellent story. clap

About the proposal, who would have thought Dr. Klein could be so romantic? love Very sweet!

It's good that Lois will be keeping the powers. Ultra Woman was a very interesting character and I was sorry that she just appeared for one episode. She would have been an even better support for Clark, sharing rescues and helping him to fight enemies. And as Lois is not Kryptonian she must not be vulnerable to kryptonite, right?

Zod and Luthor together are dangerous! But if Zod comes to Earth at least Clark won't be alone to fight him. And woe to him if he hurts Clark! He will feel Ultra Woman's wrath! splat

Now it was simply a matter of time before Zod’s plan came into play. Except now after nearly a wonderful year of working on the farm among native Kryptonians, Lex’s thoughts and emotions were in chaos, making him reluctant to leave.
Could it mean he is changing? Becoming a better person? confused You've written a more human Lex in your stories and maybe Aykira's presence is a signal that he can be redeemed again. Although now he knows Clark's secret and this knowledge in his hands is scaring. help

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ultra Woman

Hello there! wave

RL has been a little busy! shock Its wedding season and another one of my friends is getting ready to walk up the aisle. Kind of reminds me of Bernie and Abrihet.

Glad to see the continuation of this fic. Since the beginning I thought this story had potential to go further and become a multi-part tale. Jor-El surviving and meeting Clark is a storyline rarely seen in fanfics and it's always a refreshing theme to explore. You're turning it into an excellent story. clap

About the proposal, who would have thought Dr. Klein could be so romantic? love Very sweet!

It's good that Lois will be keeping the powers. Ultra Woman was a very interesting character and I was sorry that she just appeared for one episode. She would have been an even better support for Clark, sharing rescues and helping him to fight enemies. And as Lois is not Kryptonian she must not be vulnerable to kryptonite, right?

Zod and Luthor together are dangerous! But if Zod comes to Earth at least Clark won't be alone to fight him. And woe to him if he hurts Clark! He will feel Ultra Woman's wrath! splat

As mentioned earlier it's taken a little time (plus gentle prodding from a few folks) to pull threads from the various stories to create a whole new series. Yes, adding Jor-El was an extra bonus. Exploring what had happened to him after Krypton exploded was a challenge. Will I expand on it in the future? One never knows! huh smile1

Bernie is a man in love! What better time to step out of your comfort zone?

Who says Lois as Ultra Woman is not Kryptonian? whistle

As for Lex, he is changing. Being around people who accept him for his work ethnic and personality rather than what they can get out of him has been the key. Aykira's presence? We shall see.

Morgana

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Morgana!

Am finally getting around to some catching up smile1

gotten from Darcy’s
Hmm…I’m guessing a fictionalized Macy’s?

fit her silhouette to perfection.
I’m sure Clark could verify that with his x-ray vision.
CLARK: Or my hands…

So nice to know she didn’t have to diet anymore, which was one of many perks having Kryptonian DNA bestowed.
Oh my. When did that happen? Has it really been this long since the previous story?

“Yeah, the new addition to the Kent household in the form of Ultra Woman came as quite a surprise.”
And here I thought he was going with a little floating bundle of joy.

Good thing that special room behind the bookcase can hold your costumes *and* mine.
To be fair, hers takes considerably less space?

“The Newtrich sisters certainly didn’t have that in mind when they used Red Kryptonite on you. What a relief that your powers came back and I kept mine! Now I can help you with rescues.”
Aaaaahhh…you twisted it there a bit, huh?

The exciting prospects seemed to light her up from the inside and tumbled out in the form of boundless energy.
Well…they do say Lois thrives on secrets exposed.

There was some speculation that Zara would be forced to end her marriage to General Ching and wed Prince Kal-El.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

This would put an end to all speculation that Clark would lay any future claims to his brother’s position since he had chosen a human as his lifemate.
My my my, now with Lois possessing Kryptionian DNA, will be seeing a succession war one or two generations down the line? Or have I watched/read too much Game of Thrones?

Somehow visiting the former billionaire in his lavish prison accommodations seemed wrong.
So, Lex got a full 6 by 3 feet cell with separate pails for intake and waste?

“Tonight. He’s planning on asking her to marry him as soon as he can think of a place that’s romantic enough;
According to popular culture, shouldn’t throwing a pebble be enough for that in Paris?

“The Eiffel tower is not romantic enough? Please don’t tell me he’s going to propose in one of the Sorbonne’s laboratories or even worse, a conference room!”
clap

The simple black box was where it had been only minutes before.
I’m wondering if he’s going to have to declare that one at customs.

he might have felt the effects of an early autumn chill were it not for the excellent sweater Aykira had knitted for him last year.
Huh…love triangle?

Bernie sputtered in amazement, he thought that surely she would want to remain in Paris and continue teaching at the Sorbonne. “But …but on the bridge you said your life is here.”
Marriage changes things? Or maybe Bernie can take the bridge as an example and build an Einstein-Rosen-Bridge? Or, well, at least patent the Kryptonian one on Earth and get rich off that one…

It was precisely for those reasons that she was back in Metropolis. She was untainted by Lex’s corruption and had a proven track record for getting the job done. LexCorp was in the center of a public relations nightmare, who better to take over the helm than someone who had suffered from Lex’s treatment only to come back stronger?
So, basically, she’s the perfect fallback for Lex’s agenda? I wonder if she’s his daughter and the whole affair-attempt was just for publicity’s sake?

Names as diverse as PhoenixCorp to something called Paragem.
[Linked Image] How about OmniCorp?

The chief warder Zod was of course an irritant, always demanding they talk about the planet’s defenses. He sold weapons and defense systems to the United States Department of Defense, but he had no idea what happened to them once they departed the warehouse.
Hmm…Am I sensing some plotting there?

Dru-Zod wanted to overthrow the House of El and establish his own kingdom in its place. But to do that he wanted to get to Planet Earth, subdue its people and use them to eventually overrun New Krypton.
I don’t think that’s…legal.

Months of redundancy caused him to speak with more emotion than he wanted, “This enforced idleness will drive me insane, my life must have purpose!”
Couldn’t they provide Lex with bigger stones and a sledgehammer, so he can make smaller stones out of them?

“Several months ago, she acquired superpowers like Kal-El’s and is now biologically a Kryptonian.
See? I was right. Their offspring will be legitimate heirs to the throne of Krypton. And also, Lex will now ask to become a Kryptonian as well.

Lois was unhappy living within such constraints, if she is unhappy than Kal-El will not visit as often.
Happy wife, happy life.

Except now after nearly a wonderful year of working on the farm among native Kryptonians, Lex’s thoughts and emotions were in chaos, making him reluctant to leave.
shock

That’s quite a spin there! clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Michael

My my my, now with Lois possessing Kryptionian DNA, will be seeing a succession war one or two generations down the line? Or have I watched/read too much Game of Thrones?

Impressive. My story makes you think of Game of Thrones? I can always depend on you saying something fun and unusual! But yes, as with most of my AU stories, taking a spin on canon is fun!

Thanks for the comments.

Morgana

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Impressive. My story makes you think of Game of Thrones?
Yeah. I guess political intrigue and GoT have become synonymous blush

I can always depend on you saying something fun and unusual! But yes, as with most of my AU stories, taking a spin on canon is fun!

Thanks for the comments.
Yeah, my mind really is a weird place. /hushes Muse/ Not now!. Anyhow, I do love taking LnC for a spin. And you're welcome!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Oh, Lois is biologically Kryptonian, but that is as far as Jor-el is willing to go. After all he has another son who will serve as First Lord when he dies.

Last edited by Morgana; 10/21/18 08:23 PM.

Morgana

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard