Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
The warehouse scene is coming up and I know you are all waiting with baited breath. Next week ... okay?

Did you like a glimpse into Lois' college life?

TOC

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great part, KK smile

I really enjoyed getting a glimpse of a couple things...

First off, definitely WAFFy that Lois is noticing the 'benefits' of Clark editing her copy--it was sweet how she was anticipating how kisses from Clark would feel. And I'm sure Clark was thinking about the same thing wink.

Also, finding out about Lois' early career at the Planet was great. Thank goodness for that dog, huh?

And then there was more about Paul--and then what happened with Linda. How Lois knowing Clark is 'out there' somewhere, at some time for her, gave her perspective...and helped her move on from any thoughts of her college editor. I love that smile.

Oh--and I also really enjoyed that Lois called Clark--how she actually heard his voice and got confirmation of 'him'. That little, brief connection together--even though Clark had no idea who was on the other line--is very romantic.

Really excited to read the next part. That conversation they have in the warehouse (from the pilot) is one of my favorite scenes. Very curious to see what you create from it smile!

Wonderful job notworthy
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 03/22/15 12:13 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
And that's when she realised how stupid she'd been. Trying to second guess her every decision, just so that she'd do what OL did the first time around … it had actually led to the very thing she was trying desperately to avoid. A life … a future … without Clark.

Because she would be dead.
Ouch. Talk about an expensive lesson.

Her suggestion for a change of clothes had fallen on deaf ears.
I love that in this universe, she deliberately planted the change of clothes suggestion.

And it really would 'explode' his universe when she told him. When, not if. Even if they waited years until they were together, she would still have to tell him, and explain, at some point.
Nice pointing out that in this universe, it is Lois who has a secret, not Clark. (Of course, he *thinks* he's keeping a secret from Lois, but that's another story.)

Now that they were saved … she resolved to live her own life … not OL's.
I'll intrigued to find out how this decision changes things.

Another good part.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm glad to see that Lynn picked up on the turnabout. This time it is Lois that fears revealing the secret, that she knows he is Superman and not him fearing to reveal the fact that he is.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay! I'm glad to see Lois is coming back to her old/new/whatever self clap

If only she'd told Clark, asked him to come with her, asked his opinion on whether it was a good idea, or maybe even demanded that he come. It was certainly more OL's style, to demand things from Clark. That's probably what OL had actually done, otherwise how did she get out of this situation alive?

No way sweetie! She would have behaved exactly as you did wink

The phone call part was sweet... Actually it evoked some bittersweet memories of mine. Ah, the stupid things that you do when you're in love! goofy

Nice pointing out that in this universe, it is Lois who has a secret, not Clark. (Of course, he *thinks* he's keeping a secret from Lois, but that's another story.)

You guys are so smart... I didn't get it at first. Looks like KK is having a really good time in shuffling the cards! wink

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I like all the subtle changes from canon.
This morning Clark had done his usual stellar job of editing her copy … although it wasn't 'usual' yet. It would 'become' usual in the future. Lois let herself recall the feeling of Clark standing just behind her. He had reached over to point at her screen numerous times. His breath was in her ear … on her skin. She lost herself, many times, in imagining him placing a barely felt kiss on her neck, or her cheek. In her dreams … her memories … he did it often.
I'm sure if you ask, Lois, Clark would... okay, be terribly embarrassed, mumble incoherently, and disappear (more quickly than usually). Perhaps asking isn't appropriate yet. Eventually, he won't mind though.

This was it. The time that her impulsive need to be the best at everything, to get the story, would instead get her killed. If only she'd told Clark, asked him to come with her, asked his opinion on whether it was a good idea, or maybe even demanded that he come. It was certainly more OL's style, to demand things from Clark. That's probably what OL had actually done, otherwise how did she get out of this situation alive?

If only she'd spoken to Clark … in some way … then he'd be here and she'd know that they were safe. If only.
The nice thing is that when he DOES appear, these things will happen. Hmmm. Perhaps it's not good that she knows. She might become complacent (i.e. as she does as the beginning of Contact.)

And that's when she realised how stupid she'd been. Trying to second guess her every decision, just so that she'd do what OL did the first time around … it had actually led to the very thing she was trying desperately to avoid. A life … a future … without Clark.

Yes, Lois, that would be a bad alternative.

She'd been proven wrong. Paul's openness to printing controversial stories was nothing to do with a deep belief in truth and justice and the freedom of the press. It was not even a 'hippy-like' protest at rules and regulations and those in power above him. He was just an arrogant jerk who thought he was better then everyone around him, and she thankfully found out before it was too late, and before she made a fool of herself. No-one even knew she'd ever allowed herself a crush on him. Unfortunately it had been too late for her room-mate and best friend, Linda. She'd never recovered from the way Paul used her, and over time, Linda had actually turned into a female version of Paul, just to cope.
Interesting here, Lois blames Paul instead of Linda for Linda's downfall, because Lois herself wasn't personally involved. I wonder if Linda still stole Lois's story. I doubt Lois would view Linda so pitifully if she had.

It hadn't been hard to track down the number for the Kent farm in Smallville, Kansas. Two years of random fuzzy memories and emotions had given her enough snippets of actual information about Clark to know where he came from.

While she dialled the number her fingers trembled and her heart pounded. When a deep, friendly voice answered "Kent farm," her heart stopped beating entirely. She opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out. "Hello?" continued the gentle voice, in question. She tried to speak once more, but her words and her courage, failed her. She hung up.
Lois's beginning as a stalker. Awwwww.

For a second there (before I read that she had recognized his voice), I had thought that she had spoken to Jonathan instead. lol

"Oh, Clark," Lois cried to herself. There was still no Superman and he'd barrelled in like he was going to save everyone, but he was dressed in a suit and tie - burgundy and brown - wearing his adorable geeky glasses. She hung her head. Her suggestion for a change of clothes had fallen on deaf ears. And, worst of all, she didn't know if that was a good thing, or not, anymore. Second guessing whether OL would have made the suggestion, worrying over ruining her future with this man … it had just gone too far.
Geeze, Lois. [Linked Image] Do you know how long it takes to develop a proper costume? It's not an overnight thing.

If he'd come in wearing the cape then he could have tied up Dr. Baines and the thug within a second and flown her and Jimmy out to safety. But, instead, they had to wait. He had to bide his time until no-one was watching.

Not even her, she realised.
Yep. YOU are a hindrance to your own rescue, Lois.

Thankfully their backs were towards each other so he'd be able to do … whatever he was going to do … without risk of her seeing. It was a shame that she couldn't just tell him that she already knew. But tied up in a warehouse was not the place to drop her universe-sized bomb on him. And it really would 'explode' his universe when she told him. When, not if. Even if they waited years until they were together, she would still have to tell him, and explain, at some point. Even if she never made a silly mistake that caused him to become concerned over what she knew and how she knew it, he still deserved to know … at some point.
Yes, this isn't the proper time, being that others might overhear. Although I can't see her lasting "years" until the truth came out. Nope. Her willpower isn't that strong.

LOIS: [Linked Image]

Now that Clark was here she knew they'd get out of this. Now that they were saved … she resolved to live her own life … not OL's.
So, I wonder what she'll confess? Is it Saturday, yet? hyper Keeping me on the edge of my seat again, KK.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm never logged in when I'm reading the new parts to this story, so my comments always end up coming in late, but I'm really enjoying the story.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by LMA
Great part, KK smile

I really enjoyed getting a glimpse of a couple things...

First off, definitely WAFFy that Lois is noticing the 'benefits' of Clark editing her copy--it was sweet how she was anticipating how kisses from Clark would feel. And I'm sure Clark was thinking about the same thing wink.
Mmmmm, maybe he was. *nods*

Also, finding out about Lois' early career at the Planet was great. Thank goodness for that dog, huh?
Oh, Lois is very thankful.

LOIS: I considered searching for it and taking it home ... adopting it and then taking it on every stakeout!

And then there was more about Paul--and then what happened with Linda. How Lois knowing Clark is 'out there' somewhere, at some time for her, gave her perspective...and helped her move on from any thoughts of her college editor. I love that smile.
Yeah. She didn't stop noticing other men, or even having feeling for them, but they could never develop enough ...

Oh--and I also really enjoyed that Lois called Clark--how she actually heard his voice and got confirmation of 'him'. That little, brief connection together--even though Clark had no idea who was on the other line--is very romantic.
A nice little memory for Lois, once she got past the adrenaline rush of nerves every time she let herself remember.

Really excited to read the next part. That conversation they have in the warehouse (from the pilot) is one of my favorite scenes. Very curious to see what you create from it smile!
And I'm curious to know what everyone thinks of the scene I've written. *bites fingernails*

Wonderful job notworthy
Laura
Thanks

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.

Ouch. Talk about an expensive lesson.
Sometimes it's the only lessen that sticks. Especially with Lois Lane!

I love that in this universe, she deliberately planted the change of clothes suggestion.
grin

Yeah, it's a nice switch.

I'll intrigued to find out how this decision changes things.
Well... she's gonna go after exactly what she wants ... without worrying whether OL would have done it or not. And what do you think she wants?

Another good part.

Joy,
Lynn
Thanks

Originally Posted by KenJ
I'm glad to see that Lynn picked up on the turnabout. This time it is Lois that fears revealing the secret, that she knows he is Superman and not him fearing to reveal the fact that he is.
Yeah, she's definitely worried about how to break that particular bit of knowledge.

Originally Posted by HiddenMoon
Yay! I'm glad to see Lois is coming back to her old/new/whatever self clap
LOL Yup, she is old/new Lois. Um, I think!

If only she'd told Clark, asked him to come with her, asked his opinion on whether it was a good idea, or maybe even demanded that he come. It was certainly more OL's style, to demand things from Clark. That's probably what OL had actually done, otherwise how did she get out of this situation alive?

No way sweetie! She would have behaved exactly as you did wink
LOL. We all know that. She's got herself sooooo tangled up in second guesses that she has no idea any more.

The phone call part was sweet... Actually it evoked some bittersweet memories of mine. Ah, the stupid things that you do when you're in love! goofy
Oh yeah!

You guys are so smart... I didn't get it at first. Looks like KK is having a really good time in shuffling the cards! wink
Lets just say that the cards ended up on the floor in a complete mess a few times!

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I like all the subtle changes from canon.
Thanks. I hope to have subtle changes as well as major changes in the next story.

I'm sure if you ask, Lois, Clark would... okay, be terribly embarrassed, mumble incoherently, and disappear (more quickly than usually). Perhaps asking isn't appropriate yet. Eventually, he won't mind though.
lol

LOIS: Clark, while you're there ... over my shoulder ... would you just ...
CLARK: What? Rub your shoulder, do you have a muscle cramp?
LOIS: Um
CLARK: Untangle your necklace from your hair?
LOIS: Uh
CLARK: What? What do you need?
LOIS: A kiss ... on my neck.
CLARK: shock

The nice thing is that when he DOES appear, these things will happen. Hmmm. Perhaps it's not good that she knows. She might become complacent (i.e. as she does as the beginning of Contact.)
It's a big sticking point between the two of them in many fics ... that he thinks she's 'relying' on him far too much. Wonder if that will happen here?

Interesting here, Lois blames Paul instead of Linda for Linda's downfall, because Lois herself wasn't personally involved. I wonder if Linda still stole Lois's story. I doubt Lois would view Linda so pitifully if she had.
There was no stealing of a story, although the way Paul dealt with 'stories' was part of what revealed his character to Lois.

Lois's beginning as a stalker. Awwwww.
Stalker. rotflol

For a second there (before I read that she had recognized his voice), I had thought that she had spoken to Jonathan instead. lol
I nearly had it be Jonathan, and Lois would ask to speak to Clark and Jonathan would say that he was away at college ... then she would put the phone down.

Geeze, Lois. [Linked Image] Do you know how long it takes to develop a proper costume? It's not an overnight thing.
lol Yeah, but she knows he has superspeed!

Yep. YOU are a hindrance to your own rescue, Lois.
Ironic isn't it. Clark will not try anything Super because she might see, but she already knows, yet can't say anything to him.

Yes, this isn't the proper time, being that others might overhear. Although I can't see her lasting "years" until the truth came out. Nope. Her willpower isn't that strong.

LOIS: [Linked Image]
Me neither. 'Years' was just a hypothetical thought line. grin

So, I wonder what she'll confess? Is it Saturday, yet? hyper Keeping me on the edge of my seat again, KK.
Oooooo there are confessions, but not the ones that anyone will be expecting!

Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
I'm never logged in when I'm reading the new parts to this story, so my comments always end up coming in late, but I'm really enjoying the story.
Aww, it's okay. I'm just the same. I'm often reading updates at work, and can't reply then.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Kerth
Kerth
Good for you, Lois! Second-guessing everything is just going to drive you crazy. The idea that Lois had broken down and called the Kent farm just to hear his voice was both heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time...that she was so lonely, knowing he was out there but having to wait so long for him to come into her life. Sigh...but at least hearing his voice could firm up her resolve to wait for him, reassure her that he would be a part of her life eventually. And now that he's here, no, I don't think Lois can wait much longer...she's been waiting so long as it is.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
oh wow, patience is a virtue, but this would kill me! thud

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by groobie
Good for you, Lois! Second-guessing everything is just going to drive you crazy.
My betas kept saying this all along ... the number of comments they put every time Lois was trying to figure out what OL would do!!! I think my betas were trying to convince ME that I needed to stop writing Lois having these thoughts. I always intended that Lois would have this realisation eventually, though. They just needed to be patient and they'd see exactly what they were pushing for. smile

The idea that Lois had broken down and called the Kent farm just to hear his voice was both heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time...that she was so lonely, knowing he was out there but having to wait so long for him to come into her life. Sigh...but at least hearing his voice could firm up her resolve to wait for him, reassure her that he would be a part of her life eventually. And now that he's here, no, I don't think Lois can wait much longer...she's been waiting so long as it is.
She has. I don't think I would have coped as well as Lois, knowing that Clark Kent was my future, but having to wait sooooo very long.

Originally Posted by Morgana
oh wow, patience is a virtue, but this would kill me! thud
Oh yeah. She has waited a looooong time. And Lois is not usually known for her patience.

KatherineKent/Victoria

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard