Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#252952 04/27/14 10:29 AM
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Until it can be restored to the top of the forum, here is the page with the PayPal donation link:

http://www.lcficmbs.com/signup/?page_id=36

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, Wendy, I've made my donation, paid for my auction goodies. Now, how, exactly, am I supposed to show "proof" to people? Help please!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Virginia smile

For the swag that I have purchased, I've either shown in a PM or an e-mail--to the person offering--a 'cut/pasted' version of the PayPal receipt e-mail I received after donating...

I just copied the top of the receipt where it talks of 'confirming purchase', and copied some of the bottom in the 'Donation Details'...

When sending, I've gone ahead and taken my last name off of these areas after they were pasted into the message.

Not sure if this is the best way to go about this, but so far it has been fine for three 'transactions' wink

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 04/29/14 01:20 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
How would this work for a check?

Edit: I meant, how would I let the people know it's been paid?

Last edited by Christina; 04/29/14 02:28 AM.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
AFAIK, Kathy is sending out receipt emails to everyone who makes a donation, once she receives them.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
LabRat, is Kathy just sending out those e-mails to those who have donated by cheque? Do you know how frequently she is sending out new batches of acknowledgements? I made my donation last night shortly after the auctions closed, but have not yet received an e-mail from her.

It's no big deal; I have the receipts from PayPal. I'm just curious.

Thanks,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LabRat
AFAIK, Kathy is sending out receipt emails to everyone who makes a donation, once she receives them.
Um.... LabRat. What's "AFAIK"?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Originally Posted by LabRat
Um.... LabRat. What's "AFAIK"?

AFAIK - As Far As I Know (texting/twitter shorthand)

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yup, Mike has it.

Lynn, no, I did see copies of emails she sent on Paypal donations, so I imagine it's all payments, not just cheques.

Also, seem to recall - in among the huge flurry of organising committee emails I received over the past week - that she was out of town over the weekend. Think I'm right in saying she planned to be back Monday. So that might account for any seeming delay in hearing from her.

LabRat smile

Last edited by LabRat; 04/29/14 01:10 PM.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
The e-mails appear to be automatic for at least PayPal payments. I got mine within minutes of the PayPal receipts coming. I did it twice a week apart and the response was the same both times.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I sent in a donation at the end of last week with a CC to the PayPal site--and I got a 'thank you' e-mail acknowledgement from Kathy about 4 hours later that same night after donating.

Last night I sent in another small donation the same way and haven't heard back yet.

I kind of got the impression that it wasn't automatic because of this...with so much going on with the boards (fundraiser/auction/upgrade), figured things are just busy smile

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 04/29/14 03:13 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
There's an auto-response from PayPal itself. As Laura has done, you can provide that as your proof of donation. You can use MS Paint or even Preview (with a Mac) to cover up any private information you don't want to share.

Kathy is manually sending a thank you email after she gets the auto-response from PayPal.

If you're mailing a check (that'd be to ME! Send me a PM for details. :)), then I will make sure you get an email as your proof just as soon as I get your check. smile

Did I catch all the questions?

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Sara:
Where can we see the thermometer? What thread is it on? I don't find it here, but that is probably because I'm still having trouble reading the new board. Dark blue on medium blue just doesn't work for me. Black on blue does. Black on light blue would be better.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Artemis, click on the direct donations link at the top of the forum.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
Hi all! Yes, I'm sending manual thank you emails to everyone who has donated, but I was out of town this weekend (Friday-Tuesday) so that's why people who donated over the weekend had to wait a little while for their acknowledgement. And the text is the same because ... well, because I want to respond as fast as possible to everyone to show our appreciation so I wrote a message I can cut & paste. sloppy

So Mike's instant replies were because I happened to be online when he donated so I popped right over to the email account to send the thank you. smile

Kathy

Last edited by KathyB; 04/30/14 06:23 PM.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Whoohoo - over the three quarter mark now. dance Just 450 to go! Come on, we can do it! Easy! laugh

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I've two questions:

1) Last year, I had written two fundraising supershorts. I recall that the rule was that such stories should not be posted to the MB for one year. Is that one year after the initial offer, after the fundraising goal was met, or after some other date? In other words, when may I post those stories to the MB without violating the rules?

2) I also noticed that according to the PayPal donations link, we're still $130 shy of the $2,000 fundraising goal. Is that accurate? If so, is the fundraising PayPal link still active and are we still in fundraising mode? (There haven't been any new mentions of the fundraiser for many months.)

OK, so that's actually three questions. Would anyone happen to have any answers?

Thanks,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
AFAIR, the Paypal link was shut down before the final donation from Groobie in the sum of $136 was added in to the counter. We did meet our target and the link is no longer viable as we're not seeking any further donations.

In the past, the one year rule has applied since the end of the fundraiser. I've checked back and Groobie posted making her donation on 4th August, so I think it would be logical to take that as the cut off date for posting your stories.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi LabRat,

Thanks for the info. I'll wait until August 4th, then.

Thanks, Susan, for that final donation. (That explains it; I had thought I had recalled the goal having been met, but I had just assumed that my memory was faulty.)

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard