Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Tension is building ... maybe?

TOC

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Kerth
Kerth
The ending reads like The Police's "Synchronicity II": "Many miles away, something crawls to the surface..." rotflol

Hmmm...the "she" that is intruding at the fortress doesn't appear to be Lois...Tess, perhaps? Very cool to have Clark turn Jor-El's use of Lois in the visions from a weakness into a strength.

“As Earth’s protector you cannot afford to make mistakes and emotions are unstable. You must distance yourself so that you can make clear decisions.”
In our L&C world, Clark is sent off to Earth because that's the only place his parents could quickly find as their planet was dying that would support life. There's no particular reason why Jor-El would think that a Kryptonian raised under a yellow sun would develop God-like powers. Clark, the regular guy, is a real person, and his humanity matters. But in quotes like this, or in a movie like "Man of Steel" (which I saw for free on a plane, and yet still regret the two hours I wasted!), God-like Superman is what matters - we pathetic creatures are not to be trusted and must be cared for like children. Ummmm...but Southern plantation owners justified slavery in the same way. So I don't like this Jor-El...I think he's a bad, bad man! razz

Plus, he's keeping Lois and Clark apart, and I want my KK WAFF back! grin

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In our L&C world, Clark is sent off to Earth because that's the only place his parents could quickly find as their planet was dying that would support life. There's no particular reason why Jor-El would think that a Kryptonian raised under a yellow sun would develop God-like powers. Clark, the regular guy, is a real person, and his humanity matters. But in quotes like this, or in a movie like "Man of Steel" (which I saw for free on a plane, and yet still regret the two hours I wasted!), God-like Superman is what matters - we pathetic creatures are not to be trusted and must be cared for like children.
This is one of the things that bothered me in Smallville (and most Superman movies). Clark was called The Savior in some episodes and treated as the only hope for humanity. He was seen as a god sent for Jor-El to lead people to light. In Eternal Tess told Davis: "There is a savior among us. You are here to betray him" and in Abyss Clark told Jor-El: "You were willing to sacrifice me, your only son, to save this planet." Puh-lease! [Linked Image] I never liked this deification of Clark. He was not a savior. He was sent to Earth to save his life, not to rule or save Earth. razz He helps people because he wants to use his powers for good, not because he wants to be a god. grumble

It looks like Clark will have to go back to Metropolis soon. Dear Icy Daddy won't let a monster on the loose just to keep Clark training, will he? devil Maybe the 7 years can be shortened to 7 days. grovel

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by groobie
The ending reads like The Police's "Synchronicity II": "Many miles away, something crawls to the surface..." rotflol
lol

Hmmm...the "she" that is intruding at the fortress doesn't appear to be Lois...Tess, perhaps?
You'll find out soon enough.

Very cool to have Clark turn Jor-El's use of Lois in the visions from a weakness into a strength.
Oh yes. Jor-El was trying to prove that emotions are a vulnerability - especially emotions for one particular person. Instead Clark took hope and strength from the fact the Lois was always in his life no matter what world/dimension/universe.

In our L&C world, Clark is sent off to Earth because that's the only place his parents could quickly find as their planet was dying that would support life. There's no particular reason why Jor-El would think that a Kryptonian raised under a yellow sun would develop God-like powers. Clark, the regular guy, is a real person, and his humanity matters. But in quotes like this, or in a movie like "Man of Steel" (which I saw for free on a plane, and yet still regret the two hours I wasted!), God-like Superman is what matters - we pathetic creatures are not to be trusted and must be cared for like children. Ummmm...but Southern plantation owners justified slavery in the same way. So I don't like this Jor-El...I think he's a bad, bad man! razz
Yes, Man of Steel, Superman and Smallville all have Jor El with this characteristic and it makes me angry. But what's different about Smallville is that Clark fights it and doesn't feel this way himself.

Plus, he's keeping Lois and Clark apart, and I want my KK WAFF back! grin
Well, apparently I'm known for my WAFF ... smile

Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
This is one of the things that bothered me in Smallville (and most Superman movies). Clark was called The Savior in some episodes and treated as the only hope for humanity. He was seen as a god sent for Jor-El to lead people to light. In Eternal Tess told Davis: "There is a savior among us. You are here to betray him" and in Abyss Clark told Jor-El: "You were willing to sacrifice me, your only son, to save this planet." Puh-lease! [Linked Image] I never liked this deification of Clark. He was not a savior. He was sent to Earth to save his life, not to rule or save Earth. razz He helps people because he wants to use his powers for good, not because he wants to be a god. grumble
I agree ... and Clark in Smallville never wanted it - no matter how much Jor-El or Tess pushed it on him. The few times he did kind of try it he became an bit of an emotionless, distant Kryptonian and it never lasted.

It looks like Clark will have to go back to Metropolis soon. Dear Icy Daddy won't let a monster on the loose just to keep Clark training, will he? devil
Surely not. We may not like his attitude to Clark and training ... but he's still a 'goody'.

Maybe the 7 years can be shortened to 7 days. grovel

Andreia
I'll see if I can talk to the author and convince her ...

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."

Moderated by  Blueowl, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard