Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So, some more well loved bits from the Pilot here. What did you think?

TOC

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice to see that Lois didn't fall for Claude this time -- and that she's saving herself for Clark. Now she just needs to figure out that he's already head over heels for her.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"No. We never left him. He made us leave," Mrs. Platt explained. "He left us … moved away - somewhere out of the way, unexpected. He was sure that they were gonna come after him. He was afraid that Amy and I would get hurt, so … he sent us away."
Hmmmm. This sounds familiar. [Linked Image] Where have I heard of another man doing this to another woman (or in his case, *him* doing the running off to protect her)? [Linked Image] I never noticed that before with this line. Pure coincidence, I'm sure... but the parallels are freaky.

"Luthor?" she heard just behind her.

"Yeah."

"Already? You only just met him." His disbelieving tone upset her. Didn't he know that she was the best reporter alive? It only took one conversation and she had hooked Lex Luthor. How come it was taking so long to hook Clark Kent.

"Well, coming from you that's really …"

He arched his eyebrow in question. "Coming from me …"

She turned. "Cat." She folded her arms and stared at him. "How many seconds did it take there. You arranged a date with her at … twenty seconds, was it?"

"This isn't about me and Cat …" Her stare turned into a glare and she gritted her teeth, seething with jealousy. "There isn't a 'me and Cat', Lois. You know that." His tone was suddenly quiet and pleading.

"Really," she scoffed. "She's all over you. Have you seen it?"

He looked down to his feet and shuffled a little. "Lois, you have to know that I'm not interested in her. She … I …" He took a step forward. "I'm not encouraging her interest at all."

"Hmm, well, she is a man eater … and you'd do well to stay away from her. Just warning you." Lois held up her hand and pointed at his chest, nodding.
I like this argument better than canon's, even though I love Lois's 3 Rules. This seems more appropriate.

"Really?" He sounded disbelieving, possibly even jealous. "Tell me something ... how far are you willing to go to get this interview?"
Wow, Clark, how are those size 10s of your's tasting about now? (i.e. open mouth, insert foot)

"What?" she shouted and stopped. Turning she glared at him, breathing heavily. "How dare you … after everything-" Lois widened her eyes and turned away. She'd been about to say 'everything we've been through'. But they hadn't … been through things together, so how was he to know her? How was he to know that she had very high standards when it came to intimacy, when it came to men? A couple, over the years, had come close. Her heart had fluttered - a little - for Claude, but he'd still been a poor substitute for the man she was really waiting for. Her crush had flickered and died pretty quickly, actually.

In fact … there'd never been anyone. She wouldn't … couldn't … consider being intimate with anyone but Clark. Not since these memories.
Ooooh. Interesting development. Not surprising knowing what she does about Clark, but does that mean that she didn't lose Paul (and her story) to her roommate/rival Linda King, either?

She stalked away, making it to the steps up to the elevator.

"I'm sorry," came a soft voice over her shoulder, just as his hand touched her arm.

"Why..." she stopped her climb, but didn't turn. "Why would you even say such a thing?"

"I'm sorry. I guess I was just disappointed when you couldn't have dinner with me."

"What makes you think I would have said yes, even if I hadn't been interviewing Lex Luthor?" She turned and challenged him, her hair flicking around her shoulders.

"I … I don't know." He backed away, looking uncomfortable. "I'm sorry. I…"
Because she threw herself into his arms? Because she wanted to say 'yes'? I only wish she had said 'no' to Luthor.

"Stop. Stop saying you're sorry. You always do that. Not all the world's problems are your fault, Clark."
Um... Lois? Do you WANT to convince him not to become Superman at this juncture?

Lois turned at her doorway, intending to say something about rescheduling the interview - as he'd somehow managed to lead the conversation in his own direction - but the intense look on his face gave her pause. Her heart began to race and he leaned forward. She gulped, frozen in his stare.

When his lips touched hers she had to resist the desire to gag. It would not do to offend this man. Even discounting the uneasy feeling she got whenever around him, he was still a rich and powerful individual.
Darn! I was hoping that she didn't let him distract her from the interview with his schlock. Too bad she just didn't step away from his kiss. Ugh! How would've rejecting Lex at this juncture changed their future? Would Luthor have taken it as a personal affront? Would it have doubled his efforts?

She stepped up to the window and grasped the curtain. A movement outside caused her to catch her breath. "Oh come back to earth Lucy, this is reality we're talking about." She attempted to sound cynical, but knew there was a smile on her face. Mr. Right was most certainly 'right out there'.

Lois continued to stand at the window, hoping for another glimpse of Clark. Glancing down to street level she noticed Lex Luthor just reaching his limo. He turned to look back up at her apartment. His smile, when he saw her watching, sent a shiver down her spine. She didn't like him.
Um... if Clark was just outside her window and Lex looked up at her window, wouldn't he have seen Clark? Or was this supposed to be after Clark flew off?

Poor Clark and Lois giving him such mixed messages. What's Lois going to confess if they end up tied together at the Messenger Hangar if she didn't make a horrible mistake with Claude?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Not having Claude in her life will make Lois a much happier person!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Morgana

Yes, but it used to make things interesting, too. I mean, the epic battle of Clark against Lois' emotional baggage was the driving force of a good part of the series (as it is of many interesting stories here). KK has changed dramatically the scenario (ruling out Lex, too), which means she'll have to find out how to bring back the challenge in their relationship smile

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, KK, great part clap...

And some really interesting developments--Lois not being hurt by Claude (and not really investing in any other relationships). And, the fact that Lois has not been completely intimate with anyone. BIG changes...she has a lot less emotional baggage.

Add to that the fact that she knows she's in love with Clark--and isn't fighting that like she did in the series. That's been so big, too.

Since all these obstacles are out of the way, really looking forward to how you bring them together. And, like Virginia mentioned, really curious about the moments in the Messanger Hanger now (if that part makes it into your story wink ).

Awesome job,
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
Lois without her sexual past is a different person. Time traveling older Lois set a lot of things in motion that changed the character of the person Lois grew up to be. Lois is over-thinking every step with Clark, convinced she knows what Original Lois would or would not have done. But she can't know that - this Lois has a completely different frame of reference than OL, not just about Clark, but about everything in life, so she's not in the same position to make that determination. Oh, the problems of time travel paradoxes!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Another great part. I can't to read the next one. smile

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Annie B.
Nice to see that Lois didn't fall for Claude this time -- and that she's saving herself for Clark. Now she just needs to figure out that he's already head over heels for her.
That might take her a while smile

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Hmmmm. This sounds familiar. [Linked Image] Where have I heard of another man doing this to another woman (or in his case, *him* doing the running off to protect her)? [Linked Image] I never noticed that before with this line. Pure coincidence, I'm sure... but the parallels are freaky.
Yeah. Very coincidental. grin

I like this argument better than canon's, even though I love Lois's 3 Rules. This seems more appropriate.
Lois three rules are a great plot point, but I couldn't really use them in this story ... instead we get her list of three 'things' she is waiting for.

Wow, Clark, how are those size 10s of your's tasting about now? (i.e. open mouth, insert foot)
Tee Hee. Seems that both Lois and Clark let jealousy rule their mouths sometimes, and what comes out ... is not good.

Ooooh. Interesting development. Not surprising knowing what she does about Clark, but does that mean that she didn't lose Paul (and her story) to her roommate/rival Linda King, either?
Coincidentally enough ... read the next chapter.

Um... Lois? Do you WANT to convince him not to become Superman at this juncture?
LOL. The confusing way this conversation has gone ... I don't think Clark is going to take those words that seriously.

Darn! I was hoping that she didn't let him distract her from the interview with his schlock. Too bad she just didn't step away from his kiss. Ugh! How would've rejecting Lex at this juncture changed their future? Would Luthor have taken it as a personal affront? Would it have doubled his efforts?
Hmmm, interesting questions. I guess it could all depend on whether you think that Lex truly did love Lois - therefore he is seriously attracted to her already, or Miranda's perfume did something to him, therefore he was just 'using' her at this moment.

Um... if Clark was just outside her window and Lex looked up at her window, wouldn't he have seen Clark? Or was this supposed to be after Clark flew off?
The movement that Lois saw was Clark flying off. Lex didn't see anything.

Poor Clark and Lois giving him such mixed messages. What's Lois going to confess if they end up tied together at the Messenger Hangar if she didn't make a horrible mistake with Claude?
I'm pretty sure that everyone is waiting to see what I do with that particular scene...

Originally Posted by Morgana
Oh yes.

Originally Posted by HiddenMoon
Yes, but it used to make things interesting, too. I mean, the epic battle of Clark against Lois' emotional baggage was the driving force of a good part of the series (as it is of many interesting stories here). KK has changed dramatically the scenario (ruling out Lex, too), which means she'll have to find out how to bring back the challenge in their relationship smile
Oh there's going to be a challenge, believe me. By the end of this story Clark is going to have two ideas in his head about Lois. One is right, one is wrong! But they will both affect their relationship.

Originally Posted by LMA
Wow, KK, great part clap...

And some really interesting developments--Lois not being hurt by Claude (and not really investing in any other relationships). And, the fact that Lois has not been completely intimate with anyone. BIG changes...she has a lot less emotional baggage.
She does.

Add to that the fact that she knows she's in love with Clark--and isn't fighting that like she did in the series. That's been so big, too.
Oh yes. She's still fighting, but not against falling in love. She's fighting against her instincts to 'be' with Clark, to tell him everything.

Since all these obstacles are out of the way, really looking forward to how you bring them together. And, like Virginia mentioned, really curious about the moments in the Messanger Hanger now (if that part makes it into your story wink ).
Oh it does.

Awesome job,
Laura
Thanks

Originally Posted by groobie
Lois without her sexual past is a different person.
She is.

Time traveling older Lois set a lot of things in motion that changed the character of the person Lois grew up to be. Lois is over-thinking every step with Clark, convinced she knows what Original Lois would or would not have done. But she can't know that - this Lois has a completely different frame of reference than OL, not just about Clark, but about everything in life, so she's not in the same position to make that determination. Oh, the problems of time travel paradoxes!
*nods* Unfortunately Lois has not realised this, and she's still trying her best to second guess everything and to live OLs life.

Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
Another great part. I can't to read the next one. smile
It's coming soon.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh there's going to be a challenge, believe me. By the end of this story Clark is going to have two ideas in his head about Lois. One is right, one is wrong! But they will both affect their relationship.

Wait-does that mean this story has an open ending? How many parts are there in the Destiny series?

(O.T.: I would have written "how many parts there are in...", but my English grammar doesn't agree, and I'm not going to argue) wink

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by HiddenMoon

Wait-does that mean this story has an open ending? How many parts are there in the Destiny series?

(O.T.: I would have written "how many parts there are in...", but my English grammar doesn't agree, and I'm not going to argue) wink

I'd kind of say that it's an open ending. The Pilot episode will be complete, THIS story will be complete, but the romance between Lois and Clark will NOT be complete.

I currently have two more stories planned fairly seriously (with two further ones that are 'possible' after that).

KatherineKent/Victoria

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard