Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#260574 01/10/15 08:28 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois and Clark must kiss throughout an entire story (or an entire part, if it be a multiple part story). Here is the kicker: there needs to be...

RULES:
1) A reason OTHER than romance for the kissing. Got to have some kind of A-plot or it might get tedious... well, it *might*.
1-a) Characters are allowed to stop kissing long enough to have short bursts of conversation and/or action.
2) Story (or kissing part) must be at least 2000 words (or over 6 double spaced pages). Personally, I prefer over 5000 words (or 10 pages), but I'm being nice. - Sorry, Lynn.
3) Gfic (Although, this judge will accept an Nfic version or story extension) [Linked Image]

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/10/15 08:32 PM. Reason: /my personal preference on story length/

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
The Kiss Off by CC Aiken and Erin Klingler is a great read if you haven't found this one in the archives before. thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Personally, I prefer over 5000 words (or 10 pages), but I'm being nice. - Sorry, Lynn.
rotflol Ya got me pegged! If I were to come up with a story on this theme, it would definitely be closer to 500 words than to 5,000. I suspect that even the 2,000 would be a bit much for me, since if my muse does inspire me, it will probably be with some sort of a gag story.

Hmmm... I just had an idea: The Prankster hits L&C mid-kiss with his freeze ray. Lois is frozen but Clark is not affected by the ray. Nevertheless, because there are witnesses around (this happens in the DP), he has to feign being frozen. It is now up to Perry et al. to figure out how to unfreeze them. (Perhaps this is a new-and-improved freeze ray whose effects don't simply wear off after a brief period of time, or perhaps this takes place pre-RotP and Perry doesn't know the effect is only temporary.)

I second Susan's recommendation of The Kissoff. Although L&C aren't as I recall, actually kissing throughout the entire story, they are doing so for the majority of it. It meets your other criteria, and is a fun read.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Personally, I prefer over 5000 words (or 10 pages), but I'm being nice. - Sorry, Lynn.
rotflol Ya got me pegged! If I were to come up with a story on this theme, it would definitely be closer to 500 words than to 5,000. I suspect that even the 2,000 would be a bit much for me, since if my muse does inspire me, it will probably be with some sort of a gag story.
I don't know how many of my challenges you've done as one-liners. clap notworthy Hence, the specifics in the rules. wink

Just finished The KissOff. Lots of fun, groobie. I didn't really need to eat dinner... or make it... right? Actually, I'm surprised my kids haven't started yelling at me about it yet. /Thank you, The Clone Wars tv show./ Anyway, it works perfectly for my challenge except for the fact that it was written years ago. clap lol I was looking for something a bit newer, as in written in 2015. But I'm not picky.

I like your idea about the freeze gun, Lynn, but then it seems a bit one-sided for Clark. Can Lois remember anything that happened while frozen? I don't think so. Dangerous territory, that.

I was thinking more along the line of a poison which will kill Lois if her lips or body temperature drops belong a certain range. (99'-100') - Her lips will explode if they cool down. peep

Or Lois and Clark tied up by kidnappers and they kiss while they whisper plans to each other to escape (between kisses, of course).

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/10/15 11:21 PM. Reason: clarification

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M
Although L&C aren't as I recall, actually kissing throughout the entire story, they are doing so for the majority of it.

Yeah, doesn't quite fit exactly, but pretty close, and a great story to reread anyway!

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I didn't really need to eat dinner... or make it... right?
LOL...well, I hope you didn't make seafood after reading it! lol

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M
Although L&C aren't as I recall, actually kissing throughout the entire story, they are doing so for the majority of it.
Yeah, doesn't quite fit exactly, but pretty close, and a great story to reread anyway!
I just read it and there's at least 2000 words during the KissOut (there might even be over 5000 words during it), so it really aptly fits. (I said the entire story or an entire part, if a multi-part story.)

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I didn't really need to eat dinner... or make it... right?
LOL...well, I hope you didn't make seafood after reading it! lol
Um... nope. I never make seafood because, well... I like my children, and I want them to like me. Luckily, my hubby has a culinary degree. He made roast chicken, mashed potatoes, and peas. Gotta love him. smile

VirginiaR.
---
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww--The Kiss Off! I really love that story. It's been a few years since the last read-through. Hmmmm? grin .

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
Top Banana
The Kiss Off was the first thing that came to my mind when Virginia posted this. Like everyone else, I really loved that story. If you have not read it then drop everything (well almost everything) and read it. You will not regret it dance !

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The Kiss Off is a fun read by two of my favorite authors. thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
The Kiss Off by CC Aiken and Erin Klingler is a great read if you haven't found this one in the archives before. thumbsup

Such a nice story! Very well written, with a good balance of humor and "angsty" moments... I was skeptical at first, the premise seeming a bit dumb to me (kissing contest?! Really?!), but I ended up reading until late at night so I could finish it. Thanks for the recommendation! smile

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard