Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#261596 03/01/15 01:03 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's Sunday (technically speaking) and I'm bored, so you all get a new chapter!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well .... I've got some thoughts about what the title of this story now means!!!!

Really, really, really cannot wait for next chapter.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Not being able to sleep makes perfectly good sense for these two the previous night was horrible. When Lois said she could see the event happening over and over again my heart clutched.

I am very surprised Perry's reaction was not seen. Somehow, him sharing an Elvis story with her at a time like this seems very insensitive on his part. At least he's giving them a great deal of latitude to investigate Luthor and Intergang.

Bill Henderson in his own laconic manner will do what he can to help Lane and Kent. Ya gotta love that man!

Luthor did ruin just about everything for Lois and Clark. But there's still an elephant in the room and its wearing blue tights.

Last edited by Morgana; 03/01/15 11:12 AM. Reason: wrong word

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
"Red stone".... =red K? *horns blaring*. RED ALERT! RED A LERT! RED ALERT!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
Well .... I've got some thoughts about what the title of this story now means!!!!

Really, really, really cannot wait for next chapter.

Looking forward to seeing if you are right! Glad you're enjoying it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Not being able to sleep makes perfectly good sense for these two the previous night was horrible. When Lois said she could see the event happening over and over again my heart clutched.

I am very surprised Perry's reaction was not seen. Somehow, him sharing an Elvis story with her at a time like this seems very insensitive on his part. At least he's giving them a great deal of latitude to investigate Luthor and Intergang.

Bill Henderson in his own laconic manner will do what he can to help Lane and Kent. Ya gotta love that man!

Luthor did ruin just about everything for Lois and Clark. But there's still an elephant in the room and its wearing blue tights.

Yeah, having both unable to sleep felt natural, plus it gave us a great opportunity for some WAFFs. I purposefully didn't write in Perry's reaction because I felt anything I could write would be inadequate. I do think of him as using Elvis stories regardless of the situation, especially when he's uncomfortable (as he would be, even in his rage toward what Lois has just gone through). It's sort of a crutch for him, I think.

Thanks for reading and sticking with it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Christina

Bingo! (But don't tell Clark.) wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Having thoughts about the title, too...so very curious to keep reading, DC!

I really enjoyed this chapter. You created an intimate and caring night between Lois and Clark--despite everything horrible that had happened to Lois that evening. I, too, felt really bad for Lois when she mentioned reliving the moments with Lex while she tried to sleep. And also, when she mentioned potentially being damaged goods to Clark. Bottom line, she really needs and is lucky to have Clark's constant support and love.

I've enjoyed how you've written Clark. The feelings for Lois he has, his worry about telling her he's Superman. How he almost slipped and told her he loved her. So curious to see when he's totally honest with her about his abilities--and I really hope Lois can understand his deception so as not to completely wreck her trust in him.

I am SO enjoying this story, DC. Will be thrilled for the next post hyper.

Awesome job!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 03/01/15 02:25 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
So much to love in this chapter! WAFF-O-RAMA that Clark is so upset on Lois' behalf that he can't sleep either. Falling asleep together on the couch was sweet and less threatening than the bed, so I could totally imagine that happening. Though with Revenge and Red K in the mix, methinks that bed will be seeing a bit of action. wink Better have some of the green stuff lying around when it comes time for the DNA test!

Feedback is so rewarding, isn't it?! And you'd get more of it sooner if you shortened your posting schedule. whistle I just did the math...this won't be done until September if you only post once a week - that's torture!!! I'm already dying for the next part! grovel

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram

Spoiler alert too! grin

There was something more to his sudden feeling of unease then just the assault to his nostrils. Something he couldn't quite place. Purely by reflex, he shot a look at the woman who'd been responsible for the disgusting stench hanging in the air. She wasn't tall by any means and seemed fairly unremarkable. Her blonde hair was wavy and she walked with a confident stride. As she turned to force a sample of her concoction onto Danny, Clark got a look at her outfit. That, too, seemed completely unremarkable. Tight black pants paired with black boots with stiletto heels. An even tighter white shirt, ruffles cascading down the front, beneath a black vest. She also had a fiery red gem on a golden chocker around her neck, which seemed almost to glow as it caught the light as she moved.

Clark sighed. Nothing about her dress set off any alarms for him.

Ok, I think I'm missing something here... The moment before Clark was all "Oh-my-God-I'-m-so-in-love-with-you-I-would-give-my-life-for-you" about Lois, now he's almost disappointed that the lady he checked out isn't attractive enough... Is this related to the aforementioned red Kryptonite? Then why he's afraid that the rape could have spoiled his blossoming romance with Lois? I'm a bit confused... confused

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by HiddenMoon
I'm a bit confused...
My guess: the Red-K allowed Clark to be effected by the perfume. Revenge isn't a love potion, it only lowers inhibitions, so since Clark isn't attracted to Miranda, he's not impressed by her looks. But when he looks at Lois in the next part, I think things are going to veer away from cannon. wink

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by groobie
I'm a bit confused...
My guess: the Red-K allowed Clark to be effected by the perfume. Revenge isn't a love potion, it only lowers inhibitions, so since Clark isn't attracted to Miranda, he's not impressed by her looks. But when he looks at Lois in the next part, I think things are going to veer away from cannon. wink

Uh, ok. It makes sense, actually.
Thank you! smile

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Having thoughts about the title, too...so very curious to keep reading, DC!

I really enjoyed this chapter. You created an intimate and caring night between Lois and Clark--despite everything horrible that had happened to Lois that evening. I, too, felt really bad for Lois when she mentioned reliving the moments with Lex while she tried to sleep. And also, when she mentioned potentially being damaged goods to Clark. Bottom line, she really needs and is lucky to have Clark's constant support and love.

I've enjoyed how you've written Clark. The feelings for Lois he has, his worry about telling her he's Superman. How he almost slipped and told her he loved her. So curious to see when he's totally honest with her about his abilities--and I really hope Lois can understand his deception so as not to completely wreck her trust in him.

I am SO enjoying this story, DC. Will be thrilled for the next post hyper.

Awesome job!
Laura

Many thanks for the kind words! Loving that you and others are already thinking about the title and what it may mean.

I loved writing these moments between Lois and Clark. They are a pretty easy pair to write for, I think. And I love the opportunity to sneak in WAFFs where I can. I think it's a safe bet to say that Lois is going to have more love and support from Clark than she could ever hope for.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So much to love in this chapter! WAFF-O-RAMA that Clark is so upset on Lois' behalf that he can't sleep either. Falling asleep together on the couch was sweet and less threatening than the bed, so I could totally imagine that happening. Though with Revenge and Red K in the mix, methinks that bed will be seeing a bit of action. wink Better have some of the green stuff lying around when it comes time for the DNA test!

Feedback is so rewarding, isn't it?! And you'd get more of it sooner if you shortened your posting schedule. whistle I just did the math...this won't be done until September if you only post once a week - that's torture!!! I'm already dying for the next part! grovel

Glad you liked this installment! Will the bed see some action? Um...maaaaaaaybe.

I wish I could increase the posting schedule. But I'm only beta'd up to Chapter Six so far. I'm just a feedback junkie, so I couldn't help it that I started posting.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram

Spoiler alert too! grin

There was something more to his sudden feeling of unease then just the assault to his nostrils. Something he couldn't quite place. Purely by reflex, he shot a look at the woman who'd been responsible for the disgusting stench hanging in the air. She wasn't tall by any means and seemed fairly unremarkable. Her blonde hair was wavy and she walked with a confident stride. As she turned to force a sample of her concoction onto Danny, Clark got a look at her outfit. That, too, seemed completely unremarkable. Tight black pants paired with black boots with stiletto heels. An even tighter white shirt, ruffles cascading down the front, beneath a black vest. She also had a fiery red gem on a golden chocker around her neck, which seemed almost to glow as it caught the light as she moved.

Clark sighed. Nothing about her dress set off any alarms for him.

Ok, I think I'm missing something here... The moment before Clark was all "Oh-my-God-I'-m-so-in-love-with-you-I-would-give-my-life-for-you" about Lois, now he's almost disappointed that the lady he checked out isn't attractive enough... Is this related to the aforementioned red Kryptonite? Then why he's afraid that the rape could have spoiled his blossoming romance with Lois? I'm a bit confused... confused

Clark knows he's feeling weird (the red K), so he checks Miranda out, but finds nothing out of the ordinary. He's just confused as to why he's feeling a little "off," that's all.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm a bit confused...

Yes, the red K exposure allows the perfume to affect Clark. He's overall not impressed by Miranda. But, more importantly, he feels "off" and can't place why (the red K, which he's never been exposed to before).

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard