Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#261496 02/23/15 01:01 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, this is one of the rougher pieces of the story... (Sorry about all the gag reflexes I might have accidently triggered with the Lex stuff.) On the other hand, I posted a day early so... devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
And things in this story have already gotten heavy...

Still, he deemed the meal a success, in that it had been cooked to perfection, and hadn't been too exotic for Lois' more pedestrian tastes.
I like details like this that show his actual attitude towards Lois...that he sees her as beneath him. There's never a truly good explanation in the show for why Lex seems to be so obsessed with Lois. A long-lasting, toxic dosage of Revenge accounts for it nicely.

I appreciate the details you included to demonstrate that there was no misinterpretation about Lois' saying no. And I very much appreciate that Lois reported the assault to the police. One point, though: there are very specific requirements for processing rape kits. Lois would have had to have gone to a hospital so that the evidence could be collected by a specially trained nurse in a sterile environment. And the process takes several hours. RAINN.org has details about the evidence collecting procedure, or you can feel free to PM me if you want information from a survivor's perspective. I obviously don't know where you're going with this story, the kind of reality you want to it, or if this is a necessary plot point that you'd prefer to move past. Just know that I'm here to help if you have any questions.

I love that Lois' first instinct was to go to Clark - how she clearly felt such trust in him so early in their relationship that she knew it would be a safe place to go.

I really look forward to the continuation of this story.
Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Susan, thank you very much for the insight and offer to help. I purposefully don't spend much time on the rape/Lois' mental state because it's actually not the story I wanted to tell. I just sort of needed Lex to assault her because it's the only way I could conceivably see sex happening between them.

Glad you liked the little details - it was actually kind of fun to hack into Lex's head for that scene. I've always thought that maybe the pheromone spray got the ball rolling with him noticing Lois/her beauty. Then it just became about conquest. He continues to go after her (in my mind) even after he's lost her because he just hates to lose.

I adored writing the stuff between Lois and Clark. It's actually one of the first scenes that came to mind when I first got the idea for this story. I think Lois does learn very early on in their relationship that she can trust Clark - the way she clings to him and begs him not to leave after being strangled in Witness, for example. It's always fun for me to see moments like that, so having her go directly to Clark in this story felt like a natural fit for me.

Glad you are enjoying the story thus far!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LWhite
I really enjoyed the scene between Lois and Clark - completely agree with you about the trust aspect of their early relationship. Some of the best moments of season one definitely came from traumatic experiences like in Witness, or the hugs at the end of GGGoH or HoL. It's a just shame bad things had to happen to see that kind of interaction!

Can't wait for more...

Kath

Thanks! It always amazes me, for someone who tried to hate Clark so hard, Lois comes to trust him almost immediately. smile

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi there smile
Eek... Saw that coming. Shouldn't have read this just before going to bed late at night... :P You have a touchy topic to handle here, my friend!
Greetings from the other side of the ocean wink

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by HiddenMoon
Hi there smile
Eek... Saw that coming. Shouldn't have read this just before going to bed late at night... :P You have a touchy topic to handle here, my friend!
Greetings from the other side of the ocean wink

Hi, welcome to the boards! It may be a touchy subject, but as I mentioned above, the assault story is not really the one I'm telling in this fic. Hope it lives up to whatever expectations you might have! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, what I figured was going to happen...happened (at Lex's).

Even though it was hard to read, I really feel like you wrote the interview/dinner scene quite well, DC. Like Groobie stated, you definitely got across that Lois said, and was fully meaning 'no'--and that was important. And you had enough--but thankfully not very much--info about what happened between Lex and Lois. I was really impressed by how you handled everything...

All the moments between Lois and Clark were wonderful. It was really heart-warming to see how much Lois trusts Clark. How comfortable she is with him. How much she depends on him. And knowing that Clark has asked her out--and she said yes--adds another layer of enjoyment in reading the touching scenes here between them. They have a great base of friendship to build a relationship on.

Really looking forward to the next part notworthy. Great job!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 02/24/15 02:06 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Well, what I figured was going to happen...happened (at Lex's).

Even though it was hard to read, I really feel like you wrote the interview/dinner scene quite well, DC. Like Groobie stated, you definitely got across that Lois said, and was fully meaning 'no'--and that was important. And you had enough--but thankfully not very much--info about what happened between Lex and Lois. I was really impressed by how you handled everything...

All the moments between Lois and Clark were wonderful. It was really heart-warming to see how much Lois trusts Clark. How comfortable she is with him. How much she depends on him. And knowing that Clark has asked her out--and she said yes--adds another layer of enjoyment in reading the touching scenes here between them. They have a great base of friendship to build a relationship on.

Really looking forward to the next part notworthy. Great job!
Laura

Ah, thank you! I was a bit worried about the dinner/interview scene, but I'm relieved to hear that it came across well. Believe me - that small amount of detail of Lex's assault was more than enough for me to try to stomach! (I felt creepy writing it.)

At least Lois has Clark - and they have a solid relationship. Which will be necessary for the things I have planned for them. evil Thanks for sticking with it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I agree with Groobie - having the evidence collected in a non-standard way could interfere with any kind of investigation or court case for Lex. (Of course, we know he's got tentacles everywhere and so probably investigations and court cases will come to nothing, in any event.) But I would like to see the evidence collection done by the book. Perhaps Clark could take her to the hospital?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by IolantheAlias
I agree with Groobie - having the evidence collected in a non-standard way could interfere with any kind of investigation or court case for Lex. (Of course, we know he's got tentacles everywhere and so probably investigations and court cases will come to nothing, in any event.) But I would like to see the evidence collection done by the book. Perhaps Clark could take her to the hospital?

Good point. I may throw something in when I prep it for the archive. It's such a minor point to the overall story that I'm telling, to be honest. Still, I do appreciate that it's a distraction for readers, so I'll see what I can cook up.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm hooked on this story.

This is definitely a dark chapter, and I can see why readers suggest procedure be followed. Especially due to the nature of the crime and how victims feel afterwards. Perhaps a disclaimer at the beginning of the story or chapter indicating the fictionalized story may not follow procedure and shouldn't be relied upon because rape victims need examined in the ER under stringent guidelines so the perpetrator doesn't walk away?

"I'm scared," she admitted, inching closer to him.

"I know," he said with a nod, almost afraid to touch her. He knew from several investigations that he covered, that assault victims usually feared the touch of others, especially just after the event had occurred. "But I'm here now. And I won't let anything else happen to you. I swear it."

"You always have been," she mused. "My very own, personal hero." She turned partially toward him and hugged him, snuggling into his side, her body shaking slightly, even now.

"I'm here," he said again. "I'm here."

This is beautiful and wonderful to see Lois reaching out to Clark for unconditional support (and love although she probably doesn't see that here).

"Anything you want or need is yours," Clark assured her. "Just wait here for a second."

He got up and gathered fresh towels for her - the fluffiest ones he owned - then laid her overnight bag on his bed, where she would be sure to see it. Once he was done, he returned to the living room.

"My home is yours," he announced.

"Thanks," she said as she stood.

She walked toward him and lightly put her hand on his cheek. Clark was elated by that simple gesture. Too often, victims withdrew from physical contact with others. But Lois had touched his cheek. She'd hugged him. And, what was more, she'd allowed him to hug her in return, and had seemed to genuinely take some comfort from it. That was more than enough to tell him that Lois Lane would heal from her trauma. And he would be by her side, helping her, every step of the way, if she allowed him to be.

While Lois disappeared into the bathroom, Clark kept himself busy. He cleaned the dishes in the sink, straightened up the living room, put the few scattered books back on the shelves where they belonged, and started the coffee maker. He checked his fridge and closets, looking for snacks that he knew Lois liked, and found a reserve of Double Crunch Fudge Bars that he'd nearly forgotten about, hidden in the back of one cabinet. Once he was reasonably sure that Lois was finished showering, he fixed her coffee exactly the way she liked it, and brought the drinks and snacks to the living room.

She emerged not long after, clad in red flannel pajama pants and an old gray Daily Planet sweatshirt, her hair done up in a loose and messy ponytail. As she sat on the couch, Clark handed her the mug of coffee he'd prepared for her.

"Thanks," she said distractedly. Her red eyes gave away that she'd been crying again.

"I figured you might like something comforting. I have some Double Fudge Crunch Bars too, if you'd like."

Sometimes it's the little things that show the depth of love. This section brought tears to my eyes.

"Luthor won't get away with this. I promise you. I'll make sure that he pays."

"We will," Lois corrected him, steely determination in her voice. It made Clark's heart skip a beat in gladness to hear her sounding like her old self again. "Lane and Kent, right?"

"Lane and Kent," Clark affirmed with a grim nod.

Glad to see them together as a team and Lois beginning to recover.

Looking forward to the next update.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Glad you are enjoying it so far! I'm not quite sure what I'll do with this chapter once I polish it for the archive. I did feel strongly about the scene with Clark waiting out in the snow, but now I'm iffy on it. I'll have to spend a little more time thinking about it.

So glad that you like the Lois and Clark stuff. I loved writing it - even in a rough situation like this, it's always fun and interesting to write them interacting with one another. Next update should be late Sunday/sometime on Monday.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard