Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Your thoughts go here. grin

Pssst - It's the Chinese takeout scene next week.

TOC

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved this chapter. The back and forth, the new meshed with the original script perfectly.

The reference to OL (Old Lois?) caught me a bit but I knew who you meant but unknown to Lois she hit the nail right on the head timing wise with her seemingly off the cuff comment.

This means there are two concurrent stories exploring how the first season would have played out if Lois and Clark's link up had been significantly accelerated. Ken's series about them getting married in GGGOH and now the Destiny series here where Lois knows who he is even before HE knows who he is. This will be interesting to see how she (Lois) handles it going forward, so far it seems the only time when she looses her balance in the tightrope she is walking is when the jealousy gets going. I also have no idea how far you plan to take this, Ken is committed to completing the first season but he seems to be considering taking it further.

Things will definitely get interesting and confusing for Clark in this series.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
Your thoughts go here. grin

TOC

Yea!!

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great part, KK! clap clap clap

I was really looking forward to how you'd handle the White Orchid Ball--and I really enjoyed it. Lois and Clark dancing...Clark following Lois into the other room. And I loved how she was thinking about Clark the whole time she was dancing with Lex grin...

Again--really loving the story! And the Chinese takeout scene next week? Woo-Hoo dance. Excited would be an understatement wink.

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 02/22/15 07:00 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Oooh... One of my favourite scenes from the pilot. hyper And I had thought I had been eager for next week's post as soon as I finished this week's; now I'm doubly so.

This was another delightful part. But now I am seriously in the mood for some authentic Chinese takeout...

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
See, Lois is in serious trouble. She has no idea what the original timeline looked like - no clue how long it took them to get together, what the key moments in their relationship were that led them to fall in love. She can only guess at what she might or might not have done, and now she's guessing wrong! Time traveling older Lois did her younger self a serious disservice by giving her any knowledge about her past/future. It has allowed her not to be blinded by Lex...and that could alter the course of history, too!

Waiting impatiently for Chinese food. grin

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No time for a full FDK, but I have to say that I loved how Lois wasn't bowled over or wow'd by Lex! hyper He's already raised the hair on the back of her neck. clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm enjoying this story and I'm really looking forward to seeing the Chinese takeout scene. smile

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Mike M
I loved this chapter. The back and forth, the new meshed with the original script perfectly.
Thanks. Sometimes it was not as easy to slip in the bits I wanted without it seeming a disjointed conversation, but I worked at it.

The reference to OL (Old Lois?) caught me a bit but I knew who you meant but unknown to Lois she hit the nail right on the head timing wise with her seemingly off the cuff comment.
Lois does think to herself, that she's started referring to OL, back in chapter 3. Athough she also says that she doesn't know whether OL stands for Old Lois, Other Lois or Original Lois. grin

This means there are two concurrent stories exploring how the first season would have played out if Lois and Clark's link up had been significantly accelerated. Ken's series about them getting married in GGGOH and now the Destiny series here where Lois knows who he is even before HE knows who he is.
You hit the nail on the head there. Lois knows who Clark is, before Clark knows!

This will be interesting to see how she (Lois) handles it going forward, so far it seems the only time when she looses her balance in the tightrope she is walking is when the jealousy gets going.
Good catch. Jealousy is a definite cause of her 'mistakes' but there will be others too.

I also have no idea how far you plan to take this, Ken is committed to completing the first season but he seems to be considering taking it further.
Definitley not that far! I'm currently looking at part 3 being set in episode 2/3 and then part 4 being the finale - set about episode 4/5/6 - not too sure.

Things will definitely get interesting and confusing for Clark in this series.

Mike
You have no idea. Poor Clark is going to be in a real spin.

Originally Posted by LMA
Great part, KK! clap clap clap

I was really looking forward to how you'd handle the White Orchid Ball--and I really enjoyed it. Lois and Clark dancing...Clark following Lois into the other room. And I loved how she was thinking about Clark the whole time she was dancing with Lex grin...
Yeah. Unfortunately the look/smile on her face was still directed at Lex, as far as he was concerned.

Again--really loving the story! And the Chinese takeout scene next week? Woo-Hoo dance. Excited would be an understatement wink.

Laura
Hope you like it.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Oooh... One of my favourite scenes from the pilot. hyper
Mine too. Hope I managed to turn it into something even better.

And I had thought I had been eager for next week's post as soon as I finished this week's; now I'm doubly so.
Well, Sunday is here ...

This was another delightful part. But now I am seriously in the mood for some authentic Chinese takeout...

Joy,
Lynn
Mmmm, yeah. Chinese.

Originally Posted by groobie
See, Lois is in serious trouble. She has no idea what the original timeline looked like - no clue how long it took them to get together, what the key moments in their relationship were that led them to fall in love. She can only guess at what she might or might not have done, and now she's guessing wrong!
Yup.

Time traveling older Lois did her younger self a serious disservice by giving her any knowledge about her past/future.
I wasn't on purpose, but yes. All this extra knowledge is not actually helping ... it's hindering. (Or is it?)

It has allowed her not to be blinded by Lex...and that could alter the course of history, too!
This is a good side effect. Either being in love with Clark gave her a better perspective of Lex, or her stolen memories include a feeling of unease about Lex. Or maybe BOTH.

Waiting impatiently for Chinese food. grin
Yeah me too. I may sugget it for tonight.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
No time for a full FDK, but I have to say that I loved how Lois wasn't bowled over or wow'd by Lex! hyper He's already raised the hair on the back of her neck. clap
Yeah, this is a very good thing.

Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
I'm enjoying this story and I'm really looking forward to seeing the Chinese takeout scene. smile
Hope it lives up to expectations.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard