OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Final part. I hope you enjoyed this little story. smile

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww...wonderful story, Lady Loisette! clap clap clap

I loved how you wrapped everything up, answered any questions we might have, and left us with a very happy family of three notworthy.

It was completely heartwarming, all the way through. Especially loved all the little things that Oliver did to have fun with his powers at home--making 'chocolate milk', rearranging different rooms, hide and seek. You seemed to really paint an accurate picture of what their lives would be like, as they settle into everyday life with a super-powered Oliver.

Wonderful story--thanks so much for the read grin
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 02/18/15 05:49 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
Top Banana
And he would never have to worry about his identity being discovered, because who would think that a guy who had never walked a day in his life was secretly a superhero?
And it's a lot more realistic than hiding your identity with a pair of glasses.

Maybe he could use a device to hold his legs in place so he can fly, and float slightly instead of standing, so no one guesses he can't walk.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by Annie B.
Maybe he could use a device to hold his legs in place so he can fly
I'm envisioning a harness like the ones hang gliders use - it could be integrated into his suit. smile

Beautiful story! Oliver is a wonderful character, and the love that everyone has for him shines through.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oliver is a treasure. In time I suspect he will get around the flying thing, but for now his world is a wider, greater place.

Thanks for writing this sweet story! love

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by LMA
Awww...wonderful story, Lady Loisette! clap clap clap

I loved how you wrapped everything up, answered any questions we might have, and left us with a very happy family of three notworthy.

It was completely heartwarming, all the way through. Especially loved all the little things that Oliver did to have fun with his powers at home--making 'chocolate milk', rearranging different rooms, hide and seek. You seemed to really paint an accurate picture of what their lives would be like, as they settle into everyday life with a super-powered Oliver.

Wonderful story--thanks so much for the read grin
Laura
Thanks for the comments. I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

Trying to figure out how to wrap the story up after the lessons in Smallville was tough. So I'm glad you liked the stuff about Oliver playing around with his powers.

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Maybe he could use a device to hold his legs in place so he can fly, and float slightly instead of standing, so no one guesses he can't walk.
Yeah, I thought about those same things, especially floating just off the ground.

Originally Posted by groobie
Maybe he could use a device to hold his legs in place so he can fly
I'm envisioning a harness like the ones hang gliders use - it could be integrated into his suit. smile

Beautiful story! Oliver is a wonderful character, and the love that everyone has for him shines through.
Oliver still has a lot of time to figure out the flying thing if he chooses to become a superhero like his father when he grows up.

Thank you both for the comments. smile

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by Morgana
Oliver is a treasure. In time I suspect he will get around the flying thing, but for now his world is a wider, greater place.

Thanks for writing this sweet story! love
Thanks for the comments. I'm glad you enjoyed this story. smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I really love Oliver. What a sweet kid. Of course, growing up with Lois and Clark he's more mature (and responsible) than his years. I'm a bit surprised that Clark didn't call his folks and talk to them about what happened after the balloon incident and waited WEEKS before telling them. It's sad that he doesn't confide in them any longer. Oliver's reaction to Lois telling Martha was hilarious, though.

I'd love to see more with Oliver. Either another story when he's a teenager and has more control with his powers (perhaps learning to fly vertically instead of horizontally). Or an epilogue showing the emergence of a rumored new hero, and Oliver rolling his chair across the room to scoff at the water-cooler talk.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I really love Oliver. What a sweet kid. Of course, growing up with Lois and Clark he's more mature (and responsible) than his years. I'm a bit surprised that Clark didn't call his folks and talk to them about what happened after the balloon incident and waited WEEKS before telling them. It's sad that he doesn't confide in them any longer. Oliver's reaction to Lois telling Martha was hilarious, though.

I'd love to see more with Oliver. Either another story when he's a teenager and has more control with his powers (perhaps learning to fly vertically instead of horizontally). Or an epilogue showing the emergence of a rumored new hero, and Oliver rolling his chair across the room to scoff at the water-cooler talk.
Telling someone that their grandson can fly (sort of) & shoot fire from his eyes is something that should be done in person and you can't see reactions over the phone. By waiting he was able to witness their reactions and answer their questions with the information learned from Dr. Klein. Now that Oliver is in on the secret more frequent trips to Smallville are possible. He, Oliver & Lois will be visiting a lot more regularly now.

Oliver was trying to keep the secret. goofy

I have thought about an older Oliver. I don't know if I'll ever do anything with it though.

Thanks for the comments. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard