Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#261410 02/18/15 01:04 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sorry I've been quiet for a while, but this monster has been sucking up all my free time at night after the girls go to bed.

Expect weekly updates, as this isn't fully beta'd yet.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Wow..1 of 30?! Amazing! I'm so in awe of authors who can write so much and handle A-plot so well. And while I'm happy to see Lois agree to go out with Clark, I'm wary about what might be coming up with Lex and Lois in light of your warning. frown But I'm in for the ride. thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm glad to see another Deadly Chakram story, and this looks like a good one.

A twenty percent solution of the pheromone solution? This could be unfortunate. I look forward to the next chapters.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Completely and utterly hooked hyper hyper hyper...

And yeah, exactly where Groobie is--quite wary of the dinner between Lex and Lois coming up, now that Lex has been sprayed. I'm beginning to get an idea of what's to come shock.

Really enjoyed all the dialog between Lois and Clark. And so excited for Saturday's date party.

Love your work, DC, and really looking forward to the story. And it's a nice, long one, too clap dance grin. Can-not-wait!

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 02/18/15 06:27 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Wow..1 of 30?! Amazing! I'm so in awe of authors who can write so much and handle A-plot so well. And while I'm happy to see Lois agree to go out with Clark, I'm wary about what might be coming up with Lex and Lois in light of your warning. frown But I'm in for the ride. thumbsup

Yeah, even *I* was surprised that it ran 30 chapters! Not all will be A-plot. There's plenty of B-plot to be found too. wink

Glad to have you along for the ride! (Nothing good ever comes from Lex, does it?)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Annie B.

A twenty percent solution of the pheromone solution? This could be unfortunate. I look forward to the next chapters.

Thank you! It's good to be back! Hope this story lives up to your expectations. Twenty percent - just like in the show. Oh boy!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Completely and utterly hooked hyper hyper hyper...

And yeah, exactly where Groobie is--quite wary of the dinner between Lex and Lois coming up, now that Lex has been sprayed. I'm beginning to get an idea of what's to come shock.

Really enjoyed all the dialog between Lois and Clark. And so excited for Saturday's date party.

Love your work, DC, and really looking forward to the story. And it's a nice, long one, too clap dance grin. Can-not-wait!

Laura

Thank you! Glad to have you along for the ride. It'll be a bumpy one though... Hope you enjoy it as much as I had writing it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
You know I am a BIG fan! Goodness, I'm reading Contractually Bound again while we dig ourselves out of this latest snowstorm.

Very afraid of what happens next ....

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram

Thank you! It's good to be back! Hope this story lives up to your expectations. Twenty percent - just like in the show. Oh boy!
I thought it was two percent in the show.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I always thought it was one!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
You know I am a BIG fan! Goodness, I'm reading Contractually Bound again while we dig ourselves out of this latest snowstorm.

Very afraid of what happens next ....

Thank you! Enjoy CB again. I still love that one. Be afraid of what happens next. Be very afraid.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

After a quick script check, it seems to be one percent. I could have sworn I saw twenty somewhere. I might have to change it when I prep it for the archive. Not sure I'll have the time to do it for the board postings, plus I'd hate to confuse people with a sudden percentage change. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I think my punishment should be to watch PML again after the kiddos and husband are asleep. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Christina
I always thought it was one!

Yeah, that's what the script says, now that I double checked it. I still can't figure out where I got twenty from!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I recall one story using a different percentage once., but I don't remember what it was called.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Top Banana
Top Banana

After a quick script check, it seems to be one percent. I could have sworn I saw twenty somewhere. I might have to change it when I prep it for the archive. Not sure I'll have the time to do it for the board postings, plus I'd hate to confuse people with a sudden percentage change. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I think my punishment should be to watch PML again after the kiddos and husband are asleep. wink
You should keep it at twenty. That would explain the worse behavior.

Edit: Isn't it amazing how fanon becomes canon in our minds?

Last edited by Annie B.; 02/19/15 04:16 PM.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Christina
I recall one story using a different percentage once., but I don't remember what it was called.

Hmm...not sure I've read many PML-related fics. I might have to remedy that sometime in the future.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

You should keep it at twenty. That would explain the worse behavior.

Edit: Isn't it amazing how fanon becomes canon in our minds?

I thought about leaving the twenty. I might too. I think it works better with the things that are to come.

Yes - I agree about the fanon/canon thing. I can't tell you how many times I've be writing and went to check on some factoid, only to find out that it's not really canon!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I remember how badly her cat reacted to the stuff. shock Scary.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
I remember how badly her cat reacted to the stuff. shock Scary.

Scary and evil. Just the way I like it. devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard