OP Offline
Columnist
L

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Just saw this an started hyperventilating. Going to read it yet again smile

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Nan's work is enjoyable, especially on a icy winter day. Wish I had a little time to read this fic.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
A little background on the story. It is part of the 'Home' series Nan did. The basic idea is that Clark outlives Lois by quite some time. Due to that Lois died at the age of 108 and Clark kind of disappears into the woodwork for over 20 years all the while searching for 'Lois' to reappear in a new form. Finally he finds Lori Lyons, a journalism major at MetU when he saves her from a would be rapist. Clark decides Lori is his soulmate reincarnate and begins to attempt to win her love. It takes less time than with the original Lois because Clark is not as timid this time as he was 100 years ago. An interesting side-note is that Lori is Lucy Lane's great-niece. They date, get married, she meets the 'family', and Lori gets pregnant. The 'family' is a very important part of the 'Home' series. Let us just say that the Kent/Lane line has been very busy for the past 100 years. There are a fairly large number of super-heros flying around the world as Lois and Clark's children, their grandchildren, and their great-grandchildren have been fairly prolific in the creation of off-spring.

This story is about Tempus attempting to get rid of Lori before she gives birth to their baby thinking that she is an easier target than Lois. He attempts to get rid of her to a different time she fights back (she supposedly IS Lois you know) and they end up in the early 2000's. She escapes from Tempus and determines the time she has landed in and sets out to find Lois and Clark. Clark is gone on a multi-day earthquake cleanup so she finds Lois who is in the third trimester of her first pregnancy, virtually as far along as Lori is. The story is the bonding of Lori and Lois, fighting Tempus, Clark (a hundred years into the future) trying to find Lori, Lois coming up with a plan to let the folks in the future know when/where Lori is, the time rescue, Bernie taking out Tempus before they(Clark, CJ (the baby Lois is carrying, and Lois' great-nephew) get there. In other words a typical Lois and Clark story...

It is a very good story with a number of twists and turns, plenty of chuckles, and, this being a Nan story, a happy ending. The whole 'Home' series is a great read especially if you like Nan's writing and sets a whole new perspective on the Lois and Clark saga.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard