Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Still enjoying it? What did you think to the changes in conversation this time?

TOC

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Definitely still enjoying it, albeit at Lois's expense. Poor Lois! She is now so self-conscious and second-guessing her every move. At least at this point, her extra knowledge seems more like a hindrance than a help to her.

And poor Clark; he must be getting whiplash from all of Lois's about-faces. He's got to be confused by all of the mixed signals Lois is giving him.

I love how you've kept the major beats of the pilot, but have made small (but not minor) tweaks to the dialogue.

Already looking forward to the next part.

Joy,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, KK, you did it again--this was fantastic! I can't tell you how excited I am about the story, and really, I love every aspect of it clap hyper dance.

Like Lynn mentioned, I really have appreciated the scenes from the Pilot you are picking out--you're giving us all the classic moments we love--but then you are changing them in such awesome ways to make them feel really fresh and new. Very impressed notworthy.

And the fun, the excitement, of this piece is watching both Lois and Clark's reactions. Again, like Lynn mentioned, Lois' extra knowledge does seem almost like maybe more of a hindrance than a help to her--at this point. To me, watching Lois sorta stumble through it all (with that knowledge of her future to Clark firmly in place) is really creating some special moments for us to enjoy. And while I'm sure Clark is totally confused by her--he's also totally enamored twins. I've been really trying to analyze Clark, trying to get a read off his reaction to all these suble differences in Lois to canon--and honestly, it's been a lot of fun kinda studying him in each of these parts.

Oh--and I really have enjoyed the extra humor that this scenario gives...

Lois glared at the woman flirting with her husband … well, future husband.

-and-

How dare he return her flirtations? He was supposed to be attracted to her. Theirs was a lifetime love … a soul mate bond.

Lois didn't like Dr. Baines originally--due to her attention to Clark. BUT, thrown into this scenario? 'Livid' is a great word to describe Lois' reaction to their encounter wink.

And as to the changes in conversation? A-mazing clap. LOVE how you are able to use original dialog so well--and now in ways that create a new story! It's been really great as we approach these moments in the show, seeing how you are choosing to handle everything. Seriously, I could quote pretty much all of Part 3 blush.

Excited already for next weekend,
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, Lois is definitely second guessing herself. But I don't think he needs to worry so much about Clark. It's obvious the man is already smitten. I can't wait to see what happens at the Orchid Ball. Will it tick off Luthor when he's ditched for some hack from Smallville? I'm thinking 'yes'.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Oh boy, Lois is in serious trouble. Instantly jealous of every woman who dares to look at her husband (ah hem, *future* husband)...nope, the indifferent act is never going to last. laugh She doesn't know how long OL originally resisted Clark's charms, so she's having to second guess everything. So at what point would she give up the game? She'd certainly never be able to resist him under the influence of Revenge! wink I look forward to seeing how you have Lois work through this problem. thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Another great part. Lois is going to leave Clark feeling very confused. I'm looking forward to the next part.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The real fun in this fic is wondering when/if Lois will slip up in front of Clark. LOL!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Definitely still enjoying it, albeit at Lois's expense. Poor Lois! She is now so self-conscious and second-guessing her every move. At least at this point, her extra knowledge seems more like a hindrance than a help to her.
Yes, it is. Well, at least to her own peace of mind.

And poor Clark; he must be getting whiplash from all of Lois's about-faces. He's got to be confused by all of the mixed signals Lois is giving him.
Yeah, at least cannon Lois was consistent when it came to her insults and put downs.

I love how you've kept the major beats of the pilot, but have made small (but not minor) tweaks to the dialogue.
I didn't want to wander to far from the original dialogue because this is a cannon universe 'with a twist' but if it doesn't change enough then people will get bored and it almost just becomes a straight telling of the story we all know.

Already looking forward to the next part.

Joy,
Lynn
Thanks. It's coming up soon.

Originally Posted by LMA
Well, KK, you did it again--this was fantastic! I can't tell you how excited I am about the story, and really, I love every aspect of it clap hyper dance.
Thank you. *bows*

Like Lynn mentioned, I really have appreciated the scenes from the Pilot you are picking out--you're giving us all the classic moments we love--but then you are changing them in such awesome ways to make them feel really fresh and new. Very impressed notworthy.
There's more to come. I have some particularly faourite scenes that I've 'added' onto. grin

And the fun, the excitement, of this piece is watching both Lois and Clark's reactions. Again, like Lynn mentioned, Lois' extra knowledge does seem almost like maybe more of a hindrance than a help to her--at this point. To me, watching Lois sorta stumble through it all (with that knowledge of her future to Clark firmly in place) is really creating some special moments for us to enjoy. And while I'm sure Clark is totally confused by her--he's also totally enamored twins.
Oh yes!

I've been really trying to analyze Clark, trying to get a read off his reaction to all these suble differences in Lois to canon--and honestly, it's been a lot of fun kinda studying him in each of these parts.
As it is all Lois POV you'll never be completely sure what Clark is thinking and feeling, but coupled with what you know of the missing scenes, and other stuff, you can make a pretty good guess.

Oh--and I really have enjoyed the extra humor that this scenario gives...

Lois glared at the woman flirting with her husband … well, future husband.

-and-

How dare he return her flirtations? He was supposed to be attracted to her. Theirs was a lifetime love … a soul mate bond.

Lois didn't like Dr. Baines originally--due to her attention to Clark. BUT, thrown into this scenario? 'Livid' is a great word to describe Lois' reaction to their encounter wink.
A lot of the extra bits of conversation end up being humerous, but only to us as readers ... Lois is often mortified!!!

And as to the changes in conversation? A-mazing clap. LOVE how you are able to use original dialog so well--and now in ways that create a new story! It's been really great as we approach these moments in the show, seeing how you are choosing to handle everything. Seriously, I could quote pretty much all of Part 3 blush.

Excited already for next weekend,
Laura
Next bit coming up soon

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Yes, Lois is definitely second guessing herself. But I don't think he needs to worry so much about Clark. It's obvious the man is already smitten. I can't wait to see what happens at the Orchid Ball. Will it tick off Luthor when he's ditched for some hack from Smallville? I'm thinking 'yes'.
Well, you get to find out in the next chapter!

Originally Posted by groobie
Oh boy, Lois is in serious trouble. Instantly jealous of every woman who dares to look at her husband (ah hem, *future* husband)...nope, the indifferent act is never going to last. laugh
Tee Hee.

She doesn't know how long OL originally resisted Clark's charms, so she's having to second guess everything. So at what point would she give up the game? She'd certainly never be able to resist him under the influence of Revenge! wink I look forward to seeing how you have Lois work through this problem. thumbsup
It would be fun to play out that episode ... but I don't think I can stretch this story out so far!

Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
Another great part. Lois is going to leave Clark feeling very confused. I'm looking forward to the next part.
You've no idea ... there's even more confusion to come for Clark by the time the episode ends - one thing in particular will have him confused - and under a wrong impression ... and poor Lois won't even realise that she's confusing him. Um, actually, two things, now I think about it.

Originally Posted by Morgana
The real fun in this fic is wondering when/if Lois will slip up in front of Clark. LOL!
Ohhhh plenty of times ... but never quite bad enough to destroy everything. grin

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard