Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#261269 02/11/15 02:32 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Look for the final part of this story next week and I hope you enjoy this middle part. smile

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oliver certainly is a special son. He inherited his mother's inquisitiveness and his father's gentle disposition. Give him ten years, and he'll also show that he has both his folks' ability as an inadvertent heart breaker. What a sweetie.

I'm amazed that Lois and Clark chanced letting Oliver go to school after the heat-vision incident. I would think they would be worried another such accident would happen at school. I'm sure Perry and the school would understand if Oliver missed the last week of school and they started their summer holidays early. It's not as if Oliver has finals. He's in kindergarten.

Oliver sure took his father's announcement in stride, much more so than Lois did when she learned.

I wonder what you have in store for Lois, Clark, and Oliver next.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
It is hard to comprehend NOT enjoying this story. The interaction between the characters is outstanding, you play the nuances extremely well and cover the essential details without getting too detailed. Sometimes an extremely difficult job.

I am really looking forward to how you wrap this one up. There are many possibilities. I mean Bernie's analysis was that they could not have children so who is to say his analysis of the effect of Oliver's powers on his disability is completely accurate as well. Human/Kryptonian blends are a completely uncharted territory.

Since they are going to take him to Smallville for the summer to work on controlling his powers I will bring this up. I just hope Jonathan has learned his lesson about "dissect you like a frog" admonitions and does not use it on Oliver. He is such a sweet open kid, I would hate so see him lose those qualities. There really should be a better way to emphasize to a kid the importance of keeping the secret without scaring them and even scarring them for life.

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 02/11/15 06:38 PM. Reason: One of these days I will slow down enough to type better...

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Kerth
Kerth
I can't imagine how Oliver would be able to keep his father's secret. I remember when Neal was young...it was IMPOSSIBLE for him to keep secrets! He would inevitably spoil it by saying, "I have a secret," and then would spill the beans a minute later. (Which is why I only told him "secrets" that I expected to be told!) But Neal telling me what my mom bought me for Christmas is a little less dangerous than Oliver revealing what he knows about Superman. smile And with randomly developing superpowers, someone is bound to notice! A trip to Smallville is definitely required, ASAP! smile

It's a lovely story. smile Looking forward to the ending.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oliver is indeed a special little boy, sweet and kind. He reminds me of another little boy I meet years ago who lost his eye as an infant. That boy grew into a young man any mother and father would be proud of. Oliver will be the same kind of man.

I am in agreement with Groobie, kids cannot keep a secret! smile1

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww...what a great, heart-warming story! clap clap clap I am really enjoying this, Lady Loisette notworthy.

I keep alternating between worrying about a power making an appearance unexpectedly in public, and/or Oliver letting the secret slip. I can see either thing happening quite easily, and therefore the secret being exposed.

Since it's so close to summer vacation, I was thinking along the same lines as Virginia with school--just to be safe, maybe it would have been good for them all to take off early...

And having witnessed it a ton of times (we have a 3 and 5 year old wink ), yeah--totally agree with Morgana and Groobie--kids can't keep secrets.

Really looking forward to the family having some time together at the farm. Love the story--can't wait for more smile!

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It breaks my heart that Oliver will always be confined to a wheelchair. Can't Bernie be wrong about this as well? frown

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Oliver certainly is a special son. He inherited his mother's inquisitiveness and his father's gentle disposition. Give him ten years, and he'll also show that he has both his folks' ability as an inadvertent heart breaker. What a sweetie.

I'm amazed that Lois and Clark chanced letting Oliver go to school after the heat-vision incident. I would think they would be worried another such accident would happen at school. I'm sure Perry and the school would understand if Oliver missed the last week of school and they started their summer holidays early. It's not as if Oliver has finals. He's in kindergarten.

Oliver sure took his father's announcement in stride, much more so than Lois did when she learned.

I wonder what you have in store for Lois, Clark, and Oliver next.
Thanks for the comments.

Oliver likes school and is good at convincing his parents to let him do things. And now he knows what it feels like if his heat-vision flares up again.

Once he learned that he was getting powers he became more interested in playing 'Superman' than the fact that his father was Superman.

You'll find out on Wednesday and I hope you like the final part.

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by Mike M
It is hard to comprehend NOT enjoying this story. The interaction between the characters is outstanding, you play the nuances extremely well and cover the essential details without getting too detailed. Sometimes an extremely difficult job.

I am really looking forward to how you wrap this one up. There are many possibilities. I mean Bernie's analysis was that they could not have children so who is to say his analysis of the effect of Oliver's powers on his disability is completely accurate as well. Human/Kryptonian blends are a completely uncharted territory.

Since they are going to take him to Smallville for the summer to work on controlling his powers I will bring this up. I just hope Jonathan has learned his lesson about "dissect you like a frog" admonitions and does not use it on Oliver. He is such a sweet open kid, I would hate so see him lose those qualities. There really should be a better way to emphasize to a kid the importance of keeping the secret without scaring them and even scarring them for life.

Mike
Thanks for the comments. I'm glad you like the interactions between the characters and the level of detail.

No worries. Jonathan isn't going to freak his 6-year-old grandson out with comments like that.

I hope you like the final part.

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by groobie
I can't imagine how Oliver would be able to keep his father's secret. I remember when Neal was young...it was IMPOSSIBLE for him to keep secrets! He would inevitably spoil it by saying, "I have a secret," and then would spill the beans a minute later. (Which is why I only told him "secrets" that I expected to be told!) But Neal telling me what my mom bought me for Christmas is a little less dangerous than Oliver revealing what he knows about Superman. smile And with randomly developing superpowers, someone is bound to notice! A trip to Smallville is definitely required, ASAP! smile

It's a lovely story. smile Looking forward to the ending.
Some are better at keeping secrets than others. When I was about Oliver's age, maybe a year younger, my mom tried to get me to tell her what Dad had gotten her for Christmas. I pretended that I didn't know. My brother on the other hand took the present from under the tree, set it on the couch beside her and ripped it open for her, revealing the blue sweater inside. goofy

Thanks for the comments and I hope you enjoy the final part.

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by Morgana
Oliver is indeed a special little boy, sweet and kind. He reminds me of another little boy I meet years ago who lost his eye as an infant. That boy grew into a young man any mother and father would be proud of. Oliver will be the same kind of man.
Oliver is indeed a sweet little boy.

Originally Posted by Morgana
It breaks my heart that Oliver will always be confined to a wheelchair. Can't Bernie be wrong about this as well? frown
He might be right this time, but Oliver isn't really bothered by it. It's the life he's always known.

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by LMA
Awww...what a great, heart-warming story! clap clap clap I am really enjoying this, Lady Loisette notworthy.

I keep alternating between worrying about a power making an appearance unexpectedly in public, and/or Oliver letting the secret slip. I can see either thing happening quite easily, and therefore the secret being exposed.

Since it's so close to summer vacation, I was thinking along the same lines as Virginia with school--just to be safe, maybe it would have been good for them all to take off early...

And having witnessed it a ton of times (we have a 3 and 5 year old wink ), yeah--totally agree with Morgana and Groobie--kids can't keep secrets.

Really looking forward to the family having some time together at the farm. Love the story--can't wait for more smile!

Laura
Thanks for the comments and I'm glad you are enjoying the story. I hope you like the final part. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard