Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Any thoughts? All sorts of things you could start to have theories about now.

TOC

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't understand what are the visions Clark is having. I know they are canon events, but this is another reality, where things developed differently. So why is he having these visions? Where they come from? confused

Come on, Lois, the truth is staring you in the face! tired

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Kerth
Kerth
Well, you definitely threw a bunch of different story lines into this part...no wonder it's called the season 1 finale. smile Lois can't love Clark yet...lust, yes, but she doesn't know him well enough yet to love him. (Lust is a good start, though. devil) Still surprised that Oliver is taking Chloe's presence so well and has now brought her into the gang by enlisting her help. That would take real trust. Is the bald guy supposed to be Lex? I know he came back for the season finale, but I don't know what happened to his storyline after Michael Rosenbaum left the show. (And, actually, I didn't pay much attention to season 7 either.)

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
I don't understand what are the visions Clark is having. I know they are canon events, but this is another reality, where things developed differently. So why is he having these visions? Where they come from? confused
In chapter 10 Clark received the 3 stones/crystal from Tess Mercer. He fell asleep with this in his pocket later in the same chapter, while wishing/hoping/dreaming to know what his life would have been like if he'd got his powers when he was supposed to. The crystal gave him these memories - ie, cannon, and they pop out at random moments, when something similar happens to him. Something like this happened to Clark in the Season 7 episode Apocolypse when Clark thought that the world would be better off without him while holding onto the fortress octagonal key.

Come on, Lois, the truth is staring you in the face! tired

Andreia
Of course it is. And she will see it ... eventually.

Originally Posted by groobie
Well, you definitely threw a bunch of different story lines into this part...no wonder it's called the season 1 finale. smile
Yup - advancing the plot in many ways grin

Lois can't love Clark yet...lust, yes, but she doesn't know him well enough yet to love him. (Lust is a good start, though. devil)
Well, she's been in lust with his backside since she first saw it!

Still surprised that Oliver is taking Chloe's presence so well and has now brought her into the gang by enlisting her help. That would take real trust.
I'm not into writing long epics (at least Epic from this boards point of view - I class this story as MY epic), so I didn't waste any time on this subplot. Ollie could have spent time getting to know Chloe, he could have had her investigated in the few days that have past ... etc, but I just didn't go into it.

Is the bald guy supposed to be Lex? I know he came back for the season finale, but I don't know what happened to his storyline after Michael Rosenbaum left the show. (And, actually, I didn't pay much attention to season 7 either.)
You'll find out/be more sure of your prediction pretty soon. Just to get you up to speed on Lex, though. He disappeared into the collapsing fortress at the end of season 7 and that's pretty much the timeframe where this story started - Lex had gone missing in the Artic. In the show it never realy says what happened to him at that point, but as he does show up in the season 10 finale - and has minor 'references' before that, he must have escaped somehow, and he was extremely injured. That's not what has happened here. Lex disappeared in the Artic, but there was NO fortress at the time, Clark has only just made it. But - there are hints in earlier chapters - about where the fortress stones have come from to make their way into Clark's hands. So, who do you think had the stones originally, and what did he try to do with them, and what did a 'diembodied voice' explain about an unworthy man?

It will all get explained, eventually.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Kerth
Kerth
I'm amazed at how long this story is! My muse usually only produces on a limited scale. smile And I just can't write A-plot, so I appreciate writers who have that skill. How long did the story take you to write? Was it all finished before you started posting or did you post as you wrote?

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by groobie
I'm amazed at how long this story is! My muse usually only produces on a limited scale. smile
Me too. My ideas are usually for reasonably substantial 'short stories'. Some of them have ended up being longer than I expected - this one mostly. My next longest was Wedding Pact, then it's A Pirate Affair and a few other SV ones. My latest LnC is actually going to be 12 parts.

And I just can't write A-plot, so I appreciate writers who have that skill.
I prefer WAFF and happiness, but have managed in depth plot a couple of times. Although I also seem to manage to 'hint' at a-plot without actually covering it too.

How long did the story take you to write? Was it all finished before you started posting or did you post as you wrote?
Checking back over my posts on K-site ... Posted Prologue 7th July 2010, posted Epilogue 27th April 2011. I posted as a wrote. I think I only had Prologue and Chapter 1 ready when I posted the Prologue. I managed to keep up with writing one chapter every week for a while, then it moved to every 2 weeks, but I had no other story ideas or interests at the time and nothing distracted me from this story. It was soon after this story that my ideas started to come in floods and I let myself get drawn into too many stories at once meaning that they took longer to finish. Because of this I make sure something is complete - or almost complete, before I post now.

KatherineKent/Victoria

Moderated by  Blueowl, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard