Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah! Now we get into the heart of this episode.

He had heard the click of the lock and turned to see her standing there with a wanton look in her eyes.

What a husband and wife duo! Minx

Lois started to blush and asked, "Were we that obvious?"

Cat raised an eyebrow and replied, "Only to me. Oh, and … here," she handed her the little packet, "you will need to carry a sewing kit … for minor repairs." Cat looked significantly at Lois's skirt as she handed it to her.

Lois looked down at her skirt and saw the damage to the slit. She smiled ruefully and said, quietly, "Thanks for the pointers and the kit."

Cat smiled and said, "Anytime. Any more questions, just ask the pro."

Love Cat!

Lois was starting to enjoy this discussion. Cat's discomfiture with the idea of being related to Jimmy was too good to pass up. She reached over and put her hand under Jimmy's chin and turned his face profile to profile. Then she looked at Cat and said, "I don't know ... There *is* a definite family resemblance." Even as she was saying it she started to feel bad. Cat had just covered for her and here she was repaying that kindness with teasing.

Cat was stunned at this assertion, but chose to try to cover it up by returning to filing her nails as if unconcerned and repeated her earlier statement, "I don't think so."

The byplay between Jimmy and Cat is precious! The actors did their parts to perfection and added comic relief when needed. As always I thought that removing them was a tragic mistake and the newsroom became very one dimensional.

Last edited by Morgana; 02/08/15 08:54 AM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by Morgana
Ah! Now we get into the heart of this episode.

Starting to.

He had heard the click of the lock and turned to see her standing there with a wanton look in her eyes.

What a husband and wife duo! Minx

Simply a happily married couple. Maybe not so simply.

Lois started to blush and asked, "Were we that obvious?"

Cat raised an eyebrow and replied, "Only to me. Oh, and … here," she handed her the little packet, "you will need to carry a sewing kit … for minor repairs." Cat looked significantly at Lois's skirt as she handed it to her.

Lois looked down at her skirt and saw the damage to the slit. She smiled ruefully and said, quietly, "Thanks for the pointers and the kit."

Cat smiled and said, "Anytime. Any more questions, just ask the pro."

Love Cat!

Obviously this scene was not in the original. I just thought I’d give Cat a little more ‘screen time’.

Lois was starting to enjoy this discussion. Cat's discomfiture with the idea of being related to Jimmy was too good to pass up. She reached over and put her hand under Jimmy's chin and turned his face profile to profile. Then she looked at Cat and said, "I don't know ... There *is* a definite family resemblance." Even as she was saying it she started to feel bad. Cat had just covered for her and here she was repaying that kindness with teasing.

Cat was stunned at this assertion, but chose to try to cover it up by returning to filing her nails as if unconcerned and repeated her earlier statement, "I don't think so."

The byplay between Jimmy and Cat is precious! The actors did their parts to perfection and added comic relief when needed. As always I thought that removing them was a tragic mistake and the newsroom became very one dimensional.

Since this isn’t canon, Cat just might hang around beyond Season 1.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard