Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So. This is the spot reserved specifically for your comments ... off you go.

TOC

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
You've hooked me. Is there any chance you could be persuaded to change the posting schedule to twice a week? Seven days is a long time to go between fixes.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Lois acts the same as she does in the series (or, at least, tries to act that way) while having very different emotions from canon Lois. I'm curious to see how Clark reacts to her, given that she behaved very differently from canon Lois in their first meeting, and may therefore have made a very different first impression.

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by Lynn S.M.
You've hooked me. Is there any chance you could be persuaded to change the posting schedule to twice a week? Seven days is a long time to go between fixes.
Agreed! You've already hooked me, too. smile I totally understand Lois' concern about messing up the timeline, but how long does she last playing indifferent or treating him with "Mad Dog" disdain? Me, I last until I open the door to the Apollo Hotel. grin

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
but how long does she last playing indifferent or treating him with "Mad Dog" disdain? Me, I last until I open the door to the Apollo Hotel. grin

Even canon Lois cracked briefly then. (And who could blame her? drool ) I think you'd manage to play indifferent longer than I could. If I were in this Lois' shoes, knowing what she knows, I think I would have given up the act the first time Clark looked at me.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap Great beginning. I doubt Lois will be able to keep up the facade that long. Her patience isn't her strongest feature. I wonder how much of her memories of Luthor will come through.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This was a great beginning and I'm looking forward to seeing where things go from here.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Interesting! If Lois can’t hold back, I wonder how Clark will take it? Presumably he’s smitten with her as always, but if she starts going on about how they’re destined to be together, things could get… weird.

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Oh my goodness. Wow...sold me on it.how does this work?once a week? I'm all in.

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh! Awesome!!! clap clap clap

Really enjoying this set-up a lot. There's something really fun about seeing lines that we know, and scenes that we all love, but knowing that Lois is already so head over heals. It is so fresh and different from what we are used to this early in the series.

Posted by Susan:
but how long does she last playing indifferent or treating him with "Mad Dog" disdain? Me, I last until I open the door to the Apollo Hotel. grin

And then posted by Lynn:
Even canon Lois cracked briefly then. (And who could blame her? drool ) I think you'd manage to play indifferent longer than I could. If I were in this Lois' shoes, knowing what she knows, I think I would have given up the act the first time Clark looked at me.

rotflol drool notworthy Susan, I very much enjoyed your comment (and agreed completely out loud to myself hail )...

And then I read Lynn's: Lois knowing that this man, finally standing in front of her, is her destiny--that's got to be so powerful. The first moment he looks her way, the first smile he gives only to her, the first time they speak....yeeeeahhhh--she's going to have to have a LOT of resolve wink.

Good luck to Lois--she'll need it to not react how she wants grin.

Katherine--will be anxiously waiting for the next part. Really excited to see how Lois 'plays' this all out in front of Clark smile. And to see how the series is effected accordingly...

Great job!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 02/02/15 02:12 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The only guarantee she had, was to act as she always did. Live the life that would have been 'Mad Dog Lane' if she didn't have this knowledge.
I don't think she will be able to keep the act for long. Who would? grin With all the she knows it would be impossible to stay indifferent for months. Amazing! I want more! hyper

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
Top Banana
Another KK story!!!!

The real problem Lois has is that she connected with Lane(old Lois) as the sled departed in the original story and get not just what Lane had told her but evidently pretty much Lane's entire memory of her life. She knows more that Clark Kent is her soulmate and is/will be Superman, she should know who Lex Luthor really is, who Ardriana Carlin really is, who the top dog of Intergang is and what it is all about and how they work, even who is going to win the next 40 Presidential elections and all kinds of future world events.

I suspect since KK says this is only the basically a re-telling of the Pilot episode and calls this the 'Destiny series' that more is to come and I for one can't wait. Of course with her knowledge she could (could???) become even more foolhardy and danger provoking than in the original timeline. Of course she also seems to understand that the wrong move could screw up everything. This could be very interesting to play out.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Sorry, it is a long time ... but I'm already posting three times a week for Band of Blue and I don't want to get confused. frown

I'm looking forward to seeing how Lois acts the same as she does in the series (or, at least, tries to act that way) while having very different emotions from canon Lois. I'm curious to see how Clark reacts to her, given that she behaved very differently from canon Lois in their first meeting, and may therefore have made a very different first impression.

Joy,
Lynn
Well, she did act a little different, but then ... she still entered the room like a whirlwind and I think that is what hooked Clark.

Originally Posted by groobie
Agreed! You've already hooked me, too. smile I totally understand Lois' concern about messing up the timeline, but how long does she last playing indifferent or treating him with "Mad Dog" disdain? Me, I last until I open the door to the Apollo Hotel. grin
Ooooo, that hotel room. grin

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Even canon Lois cracked briefly then. (And who could blame her? drool )
Not me.

I think you'd manage to play indifferent longer than I could. If I were in this Lois' shoes, knowing what she knows, I think I would have given up the act the first time Clark looked at me.

Joy,
Lynn
I know I was lost at the first sight of his face!

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
clap Great beginning. I doubt Lois will be able to keep up the facade that long. Her patience isn't her strongest feature. I wonder how much of her memories of Luthor will come through.
How strange, I have a similar line - about Lois' patience - in chapter 12! You'll see what she thinks of Luthor soon enough.

Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
This was a great beginning and I'm looking forward to seeing where things go from here.
Me too! Oh, um I wrote it ... I already know. Um. I'm looking forward to seeing your reactions to where things go. grin

Originally Posted by DebbieG
Interesting! If Lois can’t hold back, I wonder how Clark will take it? Presumably he’s smitten with her as always, but if she starts going on about how they’re destined to be together, things could get… weird.
It could be awkward ... in fact ... na I won't tell you.

Originally Posted by Tailee
Oh my goodness. Wow...sold me on it.how does this work?once a week? I'm all in.
Yup, once a week, and glad to have you on board.

Originally Posted by LMA
Oh! Awesome!!! clap clap clap

Really enjoying this set-up a lot. There's something really fun about seeing lines that we know, and scenes that we all love, but knowing that Lois is already so head over heals. It is so fresh and different from what we are used to this early in the series.
Thanks. I've seen the Pilot episode (or early season episodes) re-written so many times ... and even when a 'future' Lois is in it, knowing everything she does ... but that Lois is always trying to get back to her Clark. This Lois considers this Clark to be hers.

And then I read Lynn's: Lois knowing that this man, finally standing in front of her, is her destiny--that's got to be so powerful. The first moment he looks her way, the first smile he gives only to her, the first time they speak....yeeeeahhhh--she's going to have to have a LOT of resolve wink.
You will see a LOT of confusion and contemplation from Lois over the next 12 chapters as she comes to terms with all this.

Good luck to Lois--she'll need it to not react how she wants grin.
Just wait till Clark tries ... um *zips mouth closed*

Katherine--will be anxiously waiting for the next part. Really excited to see how Lois 'plays' this all out in front of Clark smile. And to see how the series is effected accordingly...

Great job!
Laura
Thanks. Hope you enjoy the ride.

Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
The only guarantee she had, was to act as she always did. Live the life that would have been 'Mad Dog Lane' if she didn't have this knowledge.
I don't think she will be able to keep the act for long. Who would? grin With all the she knows it would be impossible to stay indifferent for months. Amazing! I want more! hyper

Andreia
You'll get more. And you'll eventually see how long she can keep up the act.

Originally Posted by Mike M
Another KK story!!!!
Yup!

The real problem Lois has is that she connected with Lane(old Lois) as the sled departed in the original story and get not just what Lane had told her but evidently pretty much Lane's entire memory of her life.
She did connect, and she did get the memories ... but ...

She knows more that Clark Kent is her soulmate and is/will be Superman,
Yup.

she should know who Lex Luthor really is,
nope

who Ardriana Carlin really is,
nope

who the top dog of Intergang is
nope

and what it is all about and how they work,
nope

even who is going to win the next 40 Presidential elections and all kinds of future world events.
nope

I suspect since KK says this is only the basically a re-telling of the Pilot episode and calls this the 'Destiny series' that more is to come and I for one can't wait.
Good.

Of course with her knowledge she could (could???) become even more foolhardy and danger provoking than in the original timeline.
Um .... grin

Of course she also seems to understand that the wrong move could screw up everything. This could be very interesting to play out.

Mike
Very interesting ...

Just to clarify ... although it will become clear in the next few chapters anyway ... but the memory transfer was not like an instant, perfect download. Lois gets pictures and random memories, but they are more associated with 'feelings' than being actual memories, and they pretty much always to do with Clark. It kind of like remembering a dream. Sometimes it's very clear, sometimes you only get the feeling that you were being chased. That being said, she's had them for seven years and so some of these dreams and feelings have come sooooo often that she 'knows' them very well.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard