Print Thread
#260968 01/28/15 07:57 PM
groobie Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Godzilla's Home

A short story, for today's quiet boards. Enjoy! smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I love Lois debating with herself over what she really feels. It's this, no this, but really -- if she could admit it, it should be THIS. Clark really knocked her off kilter in such a fun way. What an interesting look into Lois's crazy thought process. clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
This story was unprofessional (because "professional" is never as much fun as this story), (sort of) unwarranted (because it was not in response to a challenge), and unnecessary (as are all of the stories here -- my own included)... But I am very happy you posted it. What a delightful peek into Lois's thought processes! smile clap

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
This story had me laughing from the first paragraph. I really, truly enjoyed it. I loved the way you edged her feelings about Clark into it, even if she immediately denied them to herself. So VERY Lois!

I also enjoyed the last where she commits herself (using the Godzilla toy as a reminder) to making herself worth being a partner with Clark. That really did not come across in the episode. She did complain about it in the next episode (I'm not so scarred, and he's not so exciting) but then that seem to disappear and by the time of GGGOH their partnership just seem to be the normal thing.

Well played Susan!

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow-wy! Susan, Susan, Susan!!! clap clap clap

notworthy

This-Was-Awesome!

I'm sitting here at our kitchen island...waiting for the kiddos to finally fall asleep upstairs, waiting for the dinner I made ( spider --husband in about a half hour) to come out of the oven, and waiting for a really late husband to come home from work splat.

And know what? Forgot about everything--and pretty much sat here smiling (from how amazing this story was), gasping in delight (from seriously wonderful word choices and the beautiful flow of your writing), and giggling (from how enjoyable it is to really get 'in' Lois' mind wallbash grin wildguy--gotta love Lois! ).

I've always really enjoyed this scene in the episode--and how it really seemed to 'level' the field between Lois and Clark a bit, get Lois thinking how Clark really is 'different' from other people (men) that have been in her life. BUT--yeah...I never really thought more about the scene besides that.

You gave this step in their partnership so many layers. And (knowing me wink ), I absolutely loved those little bits where Lois showed us (maybe laugh ) how she is starting to feel about Clark.

If I was wearing a hat, it would be totally off to you. Really impressive story--great writing! notworthy...
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What a great fic! Love Lois' internal debate - how she wants so desperately to make Clark out to be the bad guy for his prank, but knows in her heart (no matter how she might try to squash it) that she deserved every bit of what he gave her.

Great work!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer

Lois followed along her walk of shame, clutching the toy and the remains of her dignity as she made her way from the sewage plant to the Daily Planet. She ascended to the bullpen, oblivious to the curiously terrified faces of the people she passed. She dismissed Jimmy and Cat, offering her attention and explanation to the only person in the room to whom she owed anything. And she stood in front of Clark, covered in stench and betrayal and guilt, with an apology on the tip of her tongue.

The scene with Lois walking - er limping into the bullpen after digging around the sewage pits now makes perfect sense! Yeah, Lois deserved that 'life lesson' she did not have to be as mean to others as Claude had been mean to her.

Well played, Mr. Kent.

Well played indeed and well written! clap

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
groobie Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Wow! smile1 I'm really blown away by the response to my story. Thank you all, so much! sloppy Your positive feedback makes me feel like my time writing and revising it was well spent and encourages me to write more. grin

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Hey, you should continue with this story, only from Clark's viewpoint. Just a thought.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
By the middle, I was starting to think that this was an episode mash-up and Miranda's pheromone had somehow been dumped at the sewage plant. wink I never really saw Lois as being attracted to Clark quite this much quite this early, but this is an interesting delve into her thought processes as she decides how to react to Clark's prank.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Susan!

Godzilla’s Home
[Linked Image] Tokio?

Godzilla mocked her.
Oh. Metropolis.

And the laugh – the full-out, roaring laugh – silently spilling from the child’s toy,
clap

The gall of that man! He had set her up, planted this map conveniently into her hands, knowing she would take the bait. Cruel, beyond all belief. Unprofessional, unwarranted, unnecessary payback.
Awww…she’s deluding herself laugh

Oh, yes, it was payback. This was a deliberate act of retribution, targeted directly at her.
TEMPUS: Duh!

She had crossed a line – the brightest, most sharply defined line in all of journalism. She hadn’t misstepped or stumbled or accidentally tripped; she had stomped on it forcefully and ground it under her heel. She had stolen his story.
To be fair, is it really stealing if he isn’t holding on to it? Is it stealing if you remove the lollipop from a baby?
LEX: Only if you have to ply the babies fingers from it.

An unprofessional, unwarranted, unnecessary betrayal.
I really like that theme!

knowing that she was no better than the man who had given birth to the Mad Dog. Lois Lane had screwed Clark Kent. Without the sex, of course.
So, actually Clark got the worse deal of the two?

How had he done it – worked past the fear of Mad Dog Lane that caused lesser reporters to scatter away from her war path?
CLARK: confused I was supposed to be afraid of her? /checks manual/ Huh, no, I did not deny her chocolate. I also did not date a blonde in front of her. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Except for him. Clark Kent’s mud brown eyes stared back – lovesick, pathetic puppy dog eyes, fawning in admiration. Unprofessional, unwarranted, unnecessary adoration.
Because she doesn’t deserve his adoration?

Or hand him the prize on a silver platter, nodding in deference and waving a white flag.
Is she referring to being…*wrong*?
LOIS: What? rotflol No. Of course not. Duh!

launched twelve inches of molded plastic, and struck his target true.
[…]He had turned her on.
jawdrop Nah. Can’t be.

Silent, deadly accuracy, aimed straight at her heart.
Awwww!

To have him see that, with one wickedly cruel joke, he had done something that few men had ever done before. He had turned her on.
Wow. I did not see that one coming. Which reminds me, I’m a tad behind FDK here. /points at other fic about Lois in danger getting her horny/

That he had put her in her place, but that her mind flashed her bedroom as that place’s location. That she wanted to march to the newsroom, surrender in defeat, and offer herself as his prize.
Huh, is this a Shades of Grey homage? Considering what’s said in the news outlets yes, this certainly could fit the bill.

God, she was pathetic. Or hard up and horny. Desperate and alone. To have those daydreams about him – the Hack from Nowheresville? Unprofessional, unwarranted, unnecessary thoughts.
Very necessary thoughts. [Linked Image]
CAT: Why I relive those thoughts with regularity.

Lois scowled at Godzilla, willing the madness away. She breathed in deeply, nearly gagging on the stench of sewage that surrounded her, marrying the odor of garbage with the mental image of Clark Kent.
Oh, so that’s how she did it. How she managed to not jump him for the next three years.

Let the hot water slide over her body in a way Superman’s hands probably never would.
Couldn’t she try ‘slipping’ in the shower and calling for Superman?

She could stand under her shower and close her eyes, letting the hot water touch her in places that Clark never would.
Maybe if she asked nicely?

A professional, warranted, necessary apology.
Awwwwwww!

And to someday be honest about her feelings for the man who had given her such a monstrously special gift.
hyper

Adorable ficlet, Susan. Mixed with unexpected naughty thoughts, too! laugh

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
groobie Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Wow, more feedback! Thanks, everyone! smile1 It really makes my day to know that you've read and enjoyed my story.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard