Pulitzer

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Here we go! smile1

With a wave of his gun, Harrison commanded, "Take out your weapon. Use two fingers and drop it on the floor."

When Reed had complied, he said, "Okay, now, kick it over here."

In an irritated tone, Reed muttered, "That makes twice in one day."

Harrison was curious, and asked, "Twice what?"

"Two times that I've been disarmed in one day."

Det. Reed was a breath of fresh air! She was no Bill Henderson, but her disarrayed flatfoot served as an interesting counterpoint to Lois neat appearance, but in the end they both just wanted to be respected as equals in their male dominated professions. Brava!

A few minutes later, Eugene shouted, "Got it!"

At that exclamation, all work ceased and all of the students gathered around Eugene. Clark stood behind them and watched over their shoulders.

Definitely a the top of his game and I don't mean Clark! thumbsup

As Clark approached the door, the plainclothesman stiffened. This wasn't just a soda run and Reed had left orders that no one was to leave.

Seeing this, Clark lowered his voice so that it was close to his Superman voice and said, "Don't even think about it. This is life or death."

THE voice had the desired effect. The cop swallowed nervously and then opened the door and stepped back.

Nothing like a man that takes charge! YUM!

Realizing that they had each scored a point and were now to all intents and purposes even they each decided that it was time to call a truce.

Definitely! Time to work their way out of this situation.

taking
Talking - not taking.

Deciding to throw her a bone, Lois glanced at Reed's hands and then at her own. Because she did so much typing she had nails that were rather short. With envy in her voice, she said, "I wish I had your nails."

Reed smiled and said, "You can. $1.98 at LexSave." Reed held out her hands, inviting closer examination.

Lois was startled, "Get outta here!" She finished in an awed tone as she reached for the hands for a closer inspection, "They look so real."

Sounds like a conversation between me and some of my girlfriends! Oh if only such nails were $1.98 today!!! sad

This time, Superman was flying toward the setting sun. He was traveling so fast that the sonic boom that followed was many seconds behind him. Many people that happened to be outside heard the boom and looking up saw a perfectly clear sky. Occasionally military jets passed through the area, but often if they looked up they could see the jet in the distance. That was not the case this time. In order to maximize his speed, Superman had gained considerable altitude so that he was traveling through the thinner air of the stratosphere. He had no fear of running into other aircraft because that high only a military jet, one with a greater thrust to drag ratio to compensate for the loss of lift, would fly. It was something he hadn't been able to do on the trip between Metropolis and the east coast facility since they were relatively close. As a result of being in the denser atmosphere he had kept his speed to just over Mach 2 so that the sonic boom wouldn't result in broken windows or worse. As it was there were a number of windows that rattled in their frames so violently that they almost cracked. In the thinner air of the upper atmosphere he was able to exceed Mach 5. It was safe to travel at that speed that high up because the thin air didn't compress as much so the sonic wave created was attenuated and would have less effect than the wave created at Mach 2 in the lower atmosphere. As he landed at Whiteman Air Force Base he realized that he was near Kansas. He thought that it would be a good idea to possibly stop on the way back and check on the place.

Science!!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by Morgana
Here we go! smile1

With a wave of his gun, Harrison commanded, "Take out your weapon. Use two fingers and drop it on the floor."

When Reed had complied, he said, "Okay, now, kick it over here."

In an irritated tone, Reed muttered, "That makes twice in one day."

Harrison was curious, and asked, "Twice what?"

"Two times that I've been disarmed in one day."

Det. Reed was a breath of fresh air! She was no Bill Henderson, but her disarrayed flatfoot served as an interesting counterpoint to Lois neat appearance, but in the end they both just wanted to be respected as equals in their male dominated professions. Brava!

I have taken some liberties with the dialogue to give her some added depth.

A few minutes later, Eugene shouted, "Got it!"

At that exclamation, all work ceased and all of the students gathered around Eugene. Clark stood behind them and watched over their shoulders.

Definitely at the top of his game and I don't mean Clark! thumbsup

Eugene knows his business.

As Clark approached the door, the plainclothesman stiffened. This wasn't just a soda run and Reed had left orders that no one was to leave.

Seeing this, Clark lowered his voice so that it was close to his Superman voice and said, "Don't even think about it. This is life or death."

THE voice had the desired effect. The cop swallowed nervously and then opened the door and stepped back.

Nothing like a man that takes charge! YUM!

He was taking a risk, although a small one using the Superman voice while in his Clark Kent clothes.

Realizing that they had each scored a point and were now to all intents and purposes even they each decided that it was time to call a truce.

Definitely! Time to work their way out of this situation.

If you can’t beat them, join them. They were even. Why not just get along?

taking
Talking - not taking.

fixed

Deciding to throw her a bone, Lois glanced at Reed's hands and then at her own. Because she did so much typing she had nails that were rather short. With envy in her voice, she said, "I wish I had your nails."

Reed smiled and said, "You can. $1.98 at LexSave." Reed held out her hands, inviting closer examination.

Lois was startled, "Get outta here!" She finished in an awed tone as she reached for the hands for a closer inspection, "They look so real."

Sounds like a conversation between me and some of my girlfriends! Oh if only such nails were $1.98 today!!! sad

Yeah, those things cost a small mint today, don’t they. My wife and daughter were never into those things, luckily.

This time, Superman was flying toward the setting sun. He was traveling so fast that the sonic boom that followed was many seconds behind him. Many people that happened to be outside heard the boom and looking up saw a perfectly clear sky. Occasionally military jets passed through the area, but often if they looked up they could see the jet in the distance. That was not the case this time. In order to maximize his speed, Superman had gained considerable altitude so that he was traveling through the thinner air of the stratosphere. He had no fear of running into other aircraft because that high only a military jet, one with a greater thrust to drag ratio to compensate for the loss of lift, would fly. It was something he hadn't been able to do on the trip between Metropolis and the east coast facility since they were relatively close. As a result of being in the denser atmosphere he had kept his speed to just over Mach 2 so that the sonic boom wouldn't result in broken windows or worse. As it was there were a number of windows that rattled in their frames so violently that they almost cracked. In the thinner air of the upper atmosphere he was able to exceed Mach 5. It was safe to travel at that speed that high up because the thin air didn't compress as much so the sonic wave created was attenuated and would have less effect than the wave created at Mach 2 in the lower atmosphere. As he landed at Whiteman Air Force Base he realized that he was near Kansas. He thought that it would be a good idea to possibly stop on the way back and check on the place.

Science!!

They left some things out of the show.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard