#260936 01/26/15 06:36 PM
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Reposting this as the original was lost in the upgrade:

Here is a new thread where authors may post WHAM warnings, 'broken toys' reassurances etc, rather than including them at the start of their story, thus spoiling some readers who don't want to be spoiled.

Use of this thread is by no means compulsory! But if you wish to use this thread, here's what to do:

Authors:

If you don't want to post the warning yourself - because your name showing as the last poster might alert readers to the fact that you've posted a warning - send your warning to admins@lcficmbs.com. Include your name and your story title plus the warning you'd like to have posted. In the subject-line of your email, please write WHAM warning thread.

For example, if I'd used this thread for A Twist of Fates, I would have posted something like this:

A Twist of Fates by Wendy Richards

This is a TOGOM adaptation in which Lois is killed stopping the bullet which was meant for Clark. However, I promise to put all my toys back together by the end.

Readers:

If you prefer to know about WHAMs, or want to be reassured that authors will fix their toys etc, then check this thread whenever there's a new story, or whenever you notice that there's a new post here.

If you don't want to know any spoilers, just don't open this thread!

Hoping this helps.

Wendy smile
Boards Administrator

--------------------
You're happy to believe in something that's invisible, but if it's staring you in the face - nope! Can't see it! There's a scientific explanation for that. You're thick.

Last edited by LabRat; 01/26/15 06:48 PM.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Panem is a crossover between Lois and Clark and The Hunger Games. As such, there is quite a bit of violence. Some characters are seriously injured but recover. Others don't. There are deaths of characters from both fandoms, as well as OCs. There is light at the end of the tunnel, though.

Yes, Lois is alive.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Kerth
Kerth
Nobody really uses this thread anymore? Figured I'd give it a hit.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

In Pokcet Full of Kryptonite, Lois Lane has died off screen, and Jimmy starts to lose it. First person pov of Jimmy's spiral.

Not only is Lois dead, but Jimmy kidnaps Lois and Clark's children to get back at Clark for it. Clark is able to "save the day"
in the end.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Kerth
Kerth
Gonna be a few updates to this thread...

In On The Long Way Down, there are a few events that might be considered dark and twisted beyond our typical LnC universe. Warnings below.

In chapter 5 there's a WHAM warning:
Jonathan kills Jason Trask in self defense trying to save Clark.

In chapter 7 there's a descriptive warning:
Some imagery (cleaned up) involved with the aftermath of Jonathan's crime scene.

Last edited by Mouserocks; 05/14/18 04:00 AM.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
This is the WHAM warming for "Veterans of Foreign Wars."

For some WHAMmy details in no particular order, click on the following button. But BEWARE! This will truly spoil some of the surprises.

Clark and Cat have a brief sexual relationship in their shared past (relative to the time frame of the story) which they try to move beyond fairly quickly, with mixed success.

Clark carries a load of guilt over being with the woman he knew as someone else, and it has affected his potential romantic relationships since then.

Lois, who has live combat experience in the Army, is recovering from PTSD caused by her battle experiences, including wounds she suffered in a firefight. She is retired from the military due to her partial disability.

Lois and Cat are best friends whose relationship is sorely tested because of Clark’s presence in their lives. New loves clash with old ones, and everybody has to make life-altering decisions.

Don’t forget: one of the major characters will die.

For the detailed WHAM spoilers, click on the second button. It will remove much of the suspense, but I understand that some FoLCs prefer knowing to not knowing.

Clark lives. Lois lives. Cat dies saving Clark’s life. Clark and Lois marry and their youngest daughter is named after Cat, but they don’t tell her when she’s really young. The daughter hears the whole story in the epilogue.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
So Far Away contains some major WHAMS and some depictions of violence as it relates to war on New Krypton. Please see below if you would benefit from knowing what happens before you choose to read.

Chapter 9 contains a major WHAM and some mild graphic descriptions because of the war situation on New Krypton during his flashback:

On New Krypton, Clark finds himself with no other choice than to order a deadly strike on a supply vehicle that will kill the people inside. There is a briefly graphic description of the truck blowing up. The strike is for the greater good, but it obviously is a struggle for him and hard to bear, which is why he has a PTSD-triggered flashback about it. Fear not that this trauma of his will be addressed properly later on, and it wasn’t done just for shock value.

Chapter 11 contains a major WHAM and a pretty intense scene with graphic descriptions of a fight scene. Clark goes to visit the mobile field hospital, seeing the Kryptonians who were injured as part of his decisive strike the day before. And during the visit…he’s attacked severely by one of Nor’s assassins.

Clark has a LOT of feelings while visiting the mobile field hospital set up outside Kir-Tan, knowing that more were injured because of his hesitation and indecision. Later when he tries to get some air, he is attacked by an assassin. There is a one-on-one fight with many injuries. Clark is almost fatally stabbed, and is driven to the point of self-defense and kills the assassin by stabbing him.

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard