Superman Versus the KKK

In the late 1940s, the KKK was gaining power and growing more and more dangerous. A reporter went undercover and learned secret passwords and countersigns -- then passed them on to the writers of the Superman radio show. Pretty soon, the info was used in the show, thoroughly embarrassing Grand Dragon "Doc" Green, exposing a lot of information about the KKK and forcing Green to change his passwords.

From the article:

As Wade relates the incident:

The writers jumped on the idea and Superman ... began trouncing the Klan over the airways, a battle replete with obviously authentic detail. During the first broadcast, "Doc" Green received a phone call from the Atlanta AP bureau chief:
"Superman's really on your trail ... sounds to me like Superman's got a pipeline into your klaverns somehow. You'd better watch your step."

"I smell a rat," the Dragon said bitterly. "Just wait till I get my hands on him!"

"You'd better make it snappy--Superman just flew over your Imperial Palace to case the joint."

"Nuts," the Doctor said, and hung up.

Methinks the Clark Kent and Lois Lane of LnC would approve.

Note: The article is from 1998, but still a good read.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland