Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#260850 01/24/15 08:08 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Most of the Next Generation stories I've seen assume that supers will have powers similar to Clark. Sometimes the same, sometimes a subset (e.g. no flight), sometimes a slightly weaker version.

But what if we've got it all wrong, and the hybrid Terran/Kryptonian genes result in a huge BOOST in abilities. All of Clark's powers, plus abilities we've never seen before. Things like ESP, telekinesis, shape changing, the sky's the limit.

How will Lois and Clark deal with this, and how will the world react to beings whose godlike powers dwarf their predecessor?

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Top Banana
Top Banana
In StopQuitDont's story Not a Day, Lois and Clark's son has the power to heal other people.

I've been toying with the idea of writing a story about a child of Lois and Clark who has the advantages of both parents -- Clark's powers and invulnerability to most things, plus Lois's immunity to Kryptonite.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Shameless self-promotion time.

If you have been reading my Matchmaker series I introduce a new character in Volume 7 - Carrie Harris. A child with a seizure disorder caused by a brain tumor who Clark rescued from an apartment fire. He and Lois become close to the family. I don't want to say too much and spoil the story. Let's just say the tumor is removed and she starts to display the powers of the mind. In volume 8 we have the teenager helping out in some amazing ways.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Yes, I read that - she isn't part-Kryptonian, it would be interesting to see what the results would be if she married one of the Kent descendents in one of the parallel universes.

I'm thinking in terms of the Kryptonian genes being the key that will unlock humanity's own hidden powers - think of e.g. the X-Gene in the Marvel universe, then imagine someone with all of Superman's powers plus (for example) those of Magneto or Squirrel Girl (if you don't know who Squirrel Girl is, you should look her up, she's used her somewhat odd powers to defeat most of the Marvel villains at one time or another).

Marcus L. Rowland
Annie B. #260902 01/25/15 03:20 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Annie B.
In StopQuitDont's story Not a Day, Lois and Clark's son has the power to heal other people.

I've been toying with the idea of writing a story about a child of Lois and Clark who has the advantages of both parents -- Clark's powers and invulnerability to most things, plus Lois's immunity to Kryptonite.

Yes, that's a very good example of the sort of thing I mean.

Marcus L. Rowland
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Marcus Rowland
Yes, I read that - she isn't part-Kryptonian, it would be interesting to see what the results would be if she married one of the Kent descendents in one of the parallel universes.

I'm thinking in terms of the Kryptonian genes being the key that will unlock humanity's own hidden powers - think of e.g. the X-Gene in the Marvel universe, then imagine someone with all of Superman's powers plus (for example) those of Magneto or Squirrel Girl (if you don't know who Squirrel Girl is, you should look her up, she's used her somewhat odd powers to defeat most of the Marvel villains at one time or another).

Or maybe human genes being the key to unlocking hidden Kryptonian powers.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Annie B. #260985 01/29/15 08:17 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Annie B.
Originally Posted by Marcus Rowland

Or maybe human genes being the key to unlocking hidden Kryptonian powers.

That too, of course.

Marcus L. Rowland
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I really like this idea. Unfortunately, my mind keeps returning to "Mr. Hardbody eating like a four year-old," and Lois and Clark dealing with a nine year-old with all of the abilities Clark had at eighteen.

Thanks for the tip--Squirrel Girl is hilarious. She deserved a cameo in Mystery Men.

Shallowford

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard