Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
My favorite episode is "Ordinary People" because Lois and Clark wore the cutest summer outfits and the setting was just beautiful!

[Linked Image]

I also think it's one of the funniest episodes (remember this line? "Alone in paradise with the woman I love -- it's almost biblical!" -- Clark)

[Linked Image]

it is also one of the most romantic ("Being with you is stronger than me alone. That's new to me." -- Clark)

[Linked Image]

So what's yours? laugh

Just got married (21st June 2010).
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Sayo,

That's a tough question to answer -- there are so many good ones. Ordinary People is certainly one of my favourites, for the reasons you named. Just Say Noah is high up there, despite the A-plot, because it gets Lois and Clark back together, finally! And I love the whole "Lois, for me flying is a piece of cake...but being in a relationship is new" speech. Then there's We Have a Lot to Talk About, The Green, Green, Glow of Home (Seeing L&C in Smallville just hanging out is wonderful, and watching Lois meet Clark's parents is lots of fun), and there's... and also...

Lots of good shows. But if I had to single out one show, I would probably agree with your choice, even though I fast forward through the Spencer Spencer scenes.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., I love the pics!

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
@Lynn: I DO fast-forward the Spencer Spencer scenes. lol!!! Ooh, and the pics are from FollowTomorrow.net\'s Lois & Clark Screencap Archive They have every blessed frame capped! ^_^

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, since I spent so many years waiting for comic book Superman to finally share his secret with Lois and then propose to her, my own favorite LnC episode must be ATAI. (My attitude toward LnC is so very strongly influenced by the attitudes I formed during years and years of reading the comics.) As for ATAI, I don't mean I loved the stupid freezing thing, which might have killed Lois. No, I mean I loved Lois proving her loyalty to Clark, and then her figuring out his secret, and then him passing up the chance of sharing his secret with her - AAAARRRGGGHH, no, I didn't love that!!! - but then he was proposing to her, and I did love that, even though he should have told her first!!! wallbash And then I loved her saying, "Clark....", and I went crazy waiting for what her answer would be! Maybe I didn't love going crazy, but it was so infuriatingly frustrating to be left in the lurch at that very moment that my frustration was almost sublime!

So there were many things I loved about that episode, that much is certain!

Ann

P.S. And yes, I, too, thought that Lois and Clark were cute indeed in "Ordinary People", so I agree with you that that is an episode that is easy to love! smile

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
@Ann: it took me a minute to figure out that ATAI meant "And The Answer Is..." -- I love that episode too! I remember finishing my chores early to sit down and watch it. It's just as excruciating to watch in French as it is in English on DVD a decade-and-a-half later! lol. I'd thought for SURE Clark was gonna tell at last. I mean, it's the LEAST he could've done before freezing Lois, right? Such a lovely episode, that.

Another episode I love, although it's not my all-time fave, is Operation Blackout from Season 2. Why? This.

[Linked Image]

I just love a Clark in uniform. laugh

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I have to admit, that's one of my favourite reasons for enjoying Operation: Blackout, too. drool

Other than that, I'm one of those incredibly annoying people who can't possibly reduce the episodes down to just one favourite. Heck, I couldn't even decide on just one season for the poll. Nor can I tell you my absolute favourite movie or book or song. huh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's hard for me to pin down one episode, too. I do like Clark in uniform. And I loved it in Ordinary People when he fixed the water and got the tiger to go away. I also really, really like the pilot. It's so cute seeing Clark trying on all those outfits. And I liked the naked Clark coming out of the hole he made in the street after his first encounter with the asteroid.

Ann! I'm glad to hear that you are now so familiar with the eps that you can name them by abbreviation. I remember when you hadn't watched any of them.

I hadn't seen that website before. Very nice.

And, Saori, you had to know someone was gonna ask this... Are you related to Dean?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
@Classicalla: Oh god i hope not! lol. I'd go to hell for incestuous thoughts! lol. I am distantly related to Mineko Iwasaki the geisha, though. laugh Oh, and friends call me Sayo. You can call me that, too. laugh

I also love a lot of episodes of LnC, I just have a couple ones that stand out for one reason or another.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So, Sayo, I have another question. Is Tanaka a common name in Japan? You know like Smith or Jones here. I just wondered because the only person I've ever heard of having the name of Tanaka here in the States was Dean (his birth name).

Oh, and welcome to the boards. It appears I haven't told you that, yet!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
@Classicalla: Yes. I think it's the most common. smile And thanks for the welcome. laugh

@Everyone else: Anyone got a favorite episode? My third fave is Seasons Greedings from S2. I mean, who can resist Clark's "Lois is in Trouble" Dance?

[Linked Image]

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I thought I'd bump this discussion back to the top. Like many people I have favorite scenes, favorite "looks", favorite moments, but it's hard for me to tie down a start to finish favorite episode.

Some of my favorites:

The Pilot*
I've got a Crush on You
Green, Green Glow of Home
All Shook Up*
Vatman
The Eyes Have It
Tempus Fugitive*
We have a Lot to Talk About
Contact (for the in-joke kitch factor, not for the ending)
Tempus, Anyone?*
Soul Mates peep
'Twas the Night before Mxymas (I love stories like this)

Yikes! That's pretty bad. lol Top three (marked with a *), I was going to say before I realized I couldn't chose between those two Tempus episodes... Well, top 4 then. I'm so wishy-washy pathetic. There's just too much to love about so many episodes.

What's your favorite episode? If you can't narrow it down to that, what's your favorite moment?

One of my favorite moments is the one shown with Lois and Clark stubbornly both refusing to back down from IoM as seen in my current avatar.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/23/15 02:17 AM. Reason: Favorite moment

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
My two favourite moments are the campfire scene in OP and the "flying is a piece of cake" scene in JSN.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
My two favourite moments are the campfire scene in OP and the "flying is a piece of cake" scene in JSN.

Joy,
Lynn

I love both of those scenes too. (Psst I have some icons/avatars of the camfire scene if you want one. In fact I've done quite a few from OP.)

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

My favourite episode is, without a doubt, We Have a Lot to Talk About. I watch the Clark and Lois bits (skipping over the other scenes) sooooooo often.

I could start to list other episodes that I love, but the list would actually get too long.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Kerth
Kerth
There's no way I could boil it down to just one (or two or ten) episode(s). I can pretty much find something fun and WAFFy in almost anything from the first and second seasons (with a few glaring exceptions).

But, gun to my head, I'd pick 'The Phoenix'. The whole Lex plot line is silly, but the romantic tension between our heroes makes up for it. It's the first time in the whole series where they're both able to acknowledge the attraction between them (and they're both ready to act on that attraction). If it's possible to wear out a DVD, I'm sure mine will stop working at the couch scene. I could watch that on an endless loop. <sigh>

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh boy...this is hard!

Probably have to look at this as 'What are the episodes/moments that I've seen the most amount of times? What are the episodes/moments I pretty much have committed completely to memory?'...

Yah...I'm just going to have to make a list. There's quite a few grin.

Pilot--for the amazing banter and one-liners. I will never forget just how MUCH of an effect the show had on me the first time I saw it smile

GGGoH--it's where they become friends...where they really start to get to know each other. And that hug? Yah...heartwarmingly amazing.

PML--Hillarious. Fun. Love getting to see Lois uninhibited. The banter of the last scene--one of my all-time favorite moments.

HIM--Have been able to mouth the episode word for word since high school. Love everything about it--including the kiss wink

ASU--Clark knowing how special Lois is without remembering her. "I love you...like a brother" (yeah, right wink ).

Witness--Clark being her bodyguard. Amazing! And the hug on her floor...

BATP/HOL--rivals HIM with how many times I've seen these two eps. Clark's declaration of love--even though she doesn't return it, I've always loved how heart-felt what he says is. Their hug (my avatar wink ).

The Prankster--couch scene grin.

TOGOM--love the angst, Lois' hindsight. The cement-filled hug hyper.

The Phoenix--way better couch scene clap clap clap. There is so MUCH chemistry in that episode. Love it!

WWW/ATAI--memorized completely. She chooses Clark. Dan is gone dance. Great moments at Clark's apartment when they kiss, the 'freezing' discussion at Lois' apartment, the proposal. Lovely smile.

WHALTTA/OP--these two episodes together have such a great feel to them, relationship-wise, that is. I love watching them try to figure everything out between them. Learn about each other...

UW--I love how much they both learn from each other in this episode. Amazingly great moments between the two of them. And caps it off with officially becoming engaged clap.

Throughout the rest of the last two seasons, there are so many bits and pieces of scenes between Lois and Clark that I really love. And all for such different reasons...

But I'll stop listing now...otherwise, this could get long whistle...
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 01/24/15 03:28 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
My favorite episode was most definitely "Chi of Steel." You know why I still love Lois and Clark after all these years? A-plot! And boy, this has it all! A racism-free look at the intrigues of the Metropolis Asian sub-culture, a deep and nuanced study of sexism in modern America - and did you catch the subtle parallels that hinted at Clark's disguise? Genius! The prop department put their best effort into hand-crafting the beautiful magic bracelets, and the visual effects were off the chain! And thanks to the writers, who ensured the utter lack of chemistry between the main characters and subsumed all hints of Lois' femininity by working in tandem with the costume and make-up departments. "Chi of Steel" was a real team effort!

Anyone who has read my nfics can appreciate just how much I love this episode. grin

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Groobie posted:
My favorite episode was most definitely "Chi of Steel." You know why I still love Lois and Clark after all these years? A-plot! And boy, this has it all! A racism-free look at the intrigues of the Metropolis Asian sub-culture, a deep and nuanced study of sexism in modern America - and did you catch the subtle parallels that hinted at Clark's disguise? Genius! The prop department put their best effort into hand-crafting the beautiful magic bracelets, and the visual effects were off the chain! And thanks to the writers, who ensured the utter lack of chemistry between the main characters and subsumed all hints of Lois' femininity by working in tandem with the costume and make-up departments. "Chi of Steel" was a real team effort!

Anyone who has read my nfics can appreciate just how much I love this episode. grin

rotflol clap Awesome!

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
Same here Sue! I actually did wear out my VHS tape of that scene! I also like Lucky Leon, GGGOH, TOGOM, and the pilot. But S2 is my favorite.

B
Blogger
Blogger
B
I agree Laura! Love all of those too!

Kerth
Kerth
My favorite episode was most definitely "Chi of Steel."

OMG! For about the first couple of sentences, I actually thought you were serious! lol

My sides are still aching from the laughter. Thanks for that!

If there are any other episodes you'd like to lampoon, I'm begging you to do it!

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard