OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
TOC

So, uh, here's the next part. peep

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/24/15 07:48 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hmm... Are you spying on me? Just like with the first part I posted a new chapter of my currently running story earlier today. goofy

I liked this part. The bit where Lois almost burns Clark's shirt and her plan to have Clark be struck by lightning, especially the final moment were my favorite parts.

I'm looking forward to part 3.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Next part clap clap clap...

I really enjoyed Part 2 of the story, Virginia. Great dialog and such fun use of the Lois' powers grin.

It was just the cherry she didn’t need upon the top of her sundae of a day.

This sentence near the beginning of the story was a great starting off point. Loved the wordage hyper.

Clark entered the apartment and shut the door behind him. “Lois, earlier this evening I was kidnapped by aliens and they performed these weird experiments on me, which gave my girlfriend temporary insanity.”

“You think that’s funny?” Lois asked through pressed lips.

He smiled sheepishly. “A little funny.”

She scowled at him.

“Too soon?”

Really enjoyed this dialog. Very fun...could just picture this back and forth notworthy

She gave him such an intense look that it made his shirt steam.

Clark started fanning himself. “Okay! Okay! Too soon. You don’t have to incinerate me!”

rotflol lol GREAT!!!

“How do you stand it, Clark? How do you stand me?” she protested.

He shrugged. “You’re worth it.”

“Claaaark. I’m serious.”

He sat up straighter. “And so am I. I’m not this perfect being, Lois. I get angry, too.”

“Yes, but when I’m mad the allied nations should be called… and that’s without superpowers,” she countered.

Clark smiled. “I love that you’re passionate.”

“This much passion shouldn’t have superpowers; someone could get hurt,” she reminded him.

Enjoyed this part, also. Great writing--you've kept with the feel of the episode, but made this really unique, too. dance

“You’re giving a whole generation of women a new role model to look up to. You’re proving not only to them, but also to a bunch of stuffy old men out there, that you don’t have to be male to be a hero. And you’re doing it without wearing a bikini,” he reminded her.

True! thumbsup

“You say that now, but can you imagine me PMSing with these powers?

rotflol rotflol rotflol This-Was-Great!!!

He swallowed before taking a deep breath. “Lois, would you be willing to marry this ordinary man with no powers and just an ordinary suit?” he asked, holding out the open ring box.

Lois stared at him and saw a slight shake to his hand. Her gaze traveled down to the ring. “I can’t,” she said, setting her hands over his and watched as his face fell at her words. “Because even without powers, Clark, you’re no ordinary man.” She took the ring out of the box and held it up. “But if you’re asking me to marry the most extraordinary man in the world with or without powers, my answer is ‘yes’.”

Clark eyes sparkled with unshed tears.

Lois held out her hand and he slipped the ring on her finger. “If you don’t mind a little super powers in your wife.” She hovered off the floor, took his jaw in her hands, and pressed her lips to his.

He slid his arms around her, pulling her out of the air and to his chest. She opened her mouth, and he deepened the kiss.

Ahhh...Lovely WAFFYiness grin

“Are you frightened of me, Clark? Do I scare you?”

“Lois, you’re flying us into a storm cloud in order to strike me with lightning. If this doesn’t work, you’ll be Ultra Woman forever, and I’ll be dead,” Clark reminded her.

“I trusted you with my life once. Trust me and know that I love you,” Lois said, zooming them into the clouds and over to where the lightning spiked the air. She held up her right hand with the engagement ring on it.

“Lois, no!” Clark screamed, holding more tightly onto her.

A flash of light struck her hand, passed through her body, and into his. “Payback’s a bitch, isn’t it, Kent?"

Whoa--big cliff-hanger here! Can't wait for more grovel.

Awesome story, Virginia--really enjoying it!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
Clark ran his fingers down her cheek and tilted up her chin so that she was looking him in the eye or would have been had allowed herself to open her eyes. He set his glasses down upon her nose and she slowly, hesitantly lifted her lids.
I love this image. clap This quiet, tender way of Clark helping Lois deal with the powers...lovely! smile Looking forward to the conclusion. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Many thanks to everyone who commented. Remember, I'm using your comments to decide whether or not this story needs a fourth part or Epilogue.

Lady Loisette: wave

Hmm... Are you spying on me? Just like with the first part I posted a new chapter of my currently running story earlier today. goofy
I guess great minds post alike. wink Wait. [Linked Image] Where is it?

I liked this part. The bit where Lois almost burns Clark's shirt and her plan to have Clark be struck by lightning, especially the final moment were my favorite parts.
Thanks. I guess this mix-mashed story actually draws from 3 episodes.

I'm looking forward to part 3.
hyper I'm feeling much more sure about my rewrite of Part 3 than the first 2 drafts. Thanks for reading.

Laura: Do you know how much your love of WAFF inspires us writers? I know I look at your FDK for other writers and think to myself 'would Laura like this?' I'm glad to see you did. smile

I really enjoyed Part 2 of the story, Virginia. Great dialog and such fun use of the Lois' powers grin.
Banter is much more fun to write than arguing.

Originally Posted by LMA
This sentence near the beginning of the story was a great starting off point. Loved the wordage hyper.
Thanks. I often think in terms of food metaphors, and Lois being a lover of ice cream... I always worry that I'll tip over the edge into corny / cheeseyville.

Really enjoyed this dialog. Very fun...could just picture this back and forth notworthy rotflol lol GREAT!!!
Clark making fun of his lunkheadness is always fun.

Enjoyed this part, also. Great writing--you've kept with the feel of the episode, but made this really unique, too. dance
I had great Beta readers who kept pushing me to drop the original canon dialogue and come up with something unique.

Originally Posted by LMA
“You say that now, but can you imagine me PMSing with these powers?
rotflol rotflol rotflol This-Was-Great!!!
My guess is that Ultra Woman's invulnerability would reduce her PMS symptoms, but she's in full-out panic mode here.

Ahhh...Lovely WAFFYiness grin
This is where I edited to please you. My Betas thought Clark's original corny joke killed the WAFFy mood.

Whoa--big cliff-hanger here! Can't wait for more grovel.
Part 3 is written and will post next weekend. I like cliffies. [Linked Image]

Awesome story, Virginia--really enjoying it!
Thank you. [Linked Image]

groobie: Thanks for commenting. smile

I love this image. clap This quiet, tender way of Clark helping Lois deal with the powers...lovely! smile Looking forward to the conclusion. smile
That's one of the things that I love about Clark. The more spastic Lois gets doesn't impact Clark's calmness.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Virginia posted:

Laura: Do you know how much your love of WAFF inspires us writers? I know I look at your FDK for other writers and think to myself 'would Laura like this?' I'm glad to see you did. smile

Well...first off, YES! definitely Virginia, I am so very much enjoying this story clap notworthy. And secondly, thank you so much for saying what you said sloppy. Seriously, you made my night with your comment.

I fell in love with the pilot of the show back in '93 as a pretty impressionable 13 year old--and it was totally because of the WAFF. Seeing them fall for each other throughout the four seasons, and seeing such a great example of a 'relationship', was so inspiring to me at that time in my life. It really stuck with me--to this day wink. Anyway, I'm pretty--ok very--into 'romantic comedies' (you should see all the movies in the armoire blush ), but, IMO, L&C definitely will always take the cake for lovely romantic WAFF (thought I'd use another food-type sentence to go along with the FDK comment above clap ).

It means a lot to know the FDK I'm leaving on the boards is thought about during the process of creating great stories like this. Thank you grin.

Laura

Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Do you know how much your love of WAFF inspires us writers? I know I look at your FDK for other writers and think to myself 'would Laura like this?' I'm glad to see you did.
I couldn't have said it better myself! thumbsup As an author, it's so nice to get feedback and see that people enjoyed the story and appreciated the time it took to write. Laura's feedback always inspires me to write more! clap

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well, it's a Chuck fic, so I'm posting it over on my fanfiction account. That's my main writing fandom. I've been writing Chuck fics since 2008. Once I get my current Chuck story finished I'll start working on getting my LnC story ready. I actually had the rough draft of the LnC story finished just before Christmas, but then I decided that I didn't want post it so late in the year. So instead I got the bright idea to come up with an idea for a Chuck fic and have it ready to post on a strict deadline date, less than a week away. Clearly, I must be insane.

Originally a one-shot, it has grown (at reader request) to what I think will ultimately be 7 chapters, each with strict deadline dates to be posted on.

Part 3 is written and will post next weekend. I like cliffies. [Linked Image]
You're in better shape than I am. My next and last chapter is not yet written and must be posted on Tuesday. If I don't succeed, to me, the story will become a total failure. So basically the fic I'm writing has been an experiment in torture.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Well...first off, YES! definitely Virginia, I am so very much enjoying this story clap notworthy. And secondly, thank you so much for saying what you said sloppy. Seriously, you made my night with your comment.
You're welcome. I know you've often made my day (and other writers as well) with your terrific comments.

I fell in love with the pilot of the show back in '93 as a pretty impressionable 13 year old--and it was totally because of the WAFF. Seeing them fall for each other throughout the four seasons, and seeing such a great example of a 'relationship', was so inspiring to me at that time in my life. It really stuck with me--to this day wink. Anyway, I'm pretty--ok very--into 'romantic comedies' (you should see all the movies in the armoire blush ), but, IMO, L&C definitely will always take the cake for lovely romantic WAFF (thought I'd use another food-type sentence to go along with the FDK comment above clap ).
Dean Cain's Clark is unique among Hollywood leading men because he's so a-typical of the sleezy, roving, barhound committment-phob most men were (are) portrayed as on TV. Perhaps that's why we still love him today. I wish this show had been around when I was young and impressionable. Luckily, I stumbled onto a good man, nonetheless. wink

Young men are consistently shown that they should sleep with as many women as possible, be as drunk as possible, and as stupid as possible, why should they act any better? Imagine how different America would be if most young men on TV were shown with the qualities of Clark Kent. It would raise the bar for their behavior, a bar many men could easily meet. But, alas, that ship has sailed. Although, it makes one think how Lois would react being tossed into such an alt-dimension. Hmmmmm. Challenge Time!

It means a lot to know the FDK I'm leaving on the boards is thought about during the process of creating great stories like this. Thank you grin.
That you still think this way after my cliffy is a big boost to my muse. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/26/15 12:29 PM. Reason: typos

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Do you know how much your love of WAFF inspires us writers? I know I look at your FDK for other writers and think to myself 'would Laura like this?' I'm glad to see you did.
I couldn't have said it better myself! thumbsup As an author, it's so nice to get feedback and see that people enjoyed the story and appreciated the time it took to write. Laura's feedback always inspires me to write more! clap
I agree. We do love our commenters on this site. They are often our inspiration. Seeing comments almost anywhere else on the web is like taking a visual tour of cyber-bullying and personal attacks. People tend to be mean just for the sake of being mean. We truly are lucky here on the L&C Message Boards to have such great readers, who are kind enough to give us positive (and hopefully honest) feedback. They speak to the work / story, and not about the author/writer. notworthy

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
Well, it's a Chuck fic, so I'm posting it over on my fanfiction account. That's my main writing fandom. I've been writing Chuck fics since 2008. Once I get my current Chuck story finished I'll start working on getting my LnC story ready. I actually had the rough draft of the LnC story finished just before Christmas, but then I decided that I didn't want post it so late in the year. So instead I got the bright idea to come up with an idea for a Chuck fic and have it ready to post on a strict deadline date, less than a week away. Clearly, I must be insane.

Originally a one-shot, it has grown (at reader request) to what I think will ultimately be 7 chapters, each with strict deadline dates to be posted on.
You've got to watch out for those readers who inspire you. I'm sure Wrong Clark wouldn't be as long as it is without Michael's prodding. wink (Okay, we all know it still would've been long.) I look forward to seeing your new LnC fic. hyper

You're in better shape than I am. My next and last chapter is not yet written and must be posted on Tuesday. If I don't succeed, to me, the story will become a total failure. So basically the fic I'm writing has been an experiment in torture.
Missing Lois was 3/4 written before I started posting. I was able to finish writing it with a huge cushion. Most of my short stories (this one being my exception) are completed before I post. I try to have a large cushion between where I'm writing and where I'm posting for my longer stories. I find it's easier to meet my posting deadlines that way. (Hence my several month hiatus on Wrong Clark to build up my cushion again... currently, I'm at least 10 parts out.) The nice thing about a large cushion is that when I finally post the next part, several weeks have passed since I've last read it and I can read it with a more critical eye, because it isn't so fresh in my mind. Little tweaks can then be added at the last minute, smoothing out any bumps I hadn't noticed before. (Such as that paragraph that groobie commented on. I fleshed that out to make Lois and Clark's actions more clear right before posting. Apparently, for the best. smile ) I find if I have five or less parts as a cushion, then I feel the weight of the world more profoundly, making writing less fun and more of a chore. I sympathize with your current predicament. I wish you the best of luck and speedy fingers.

VirginiaR.
---
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Virginia posted:

Dean Cain's Clark is unique among Hollywood leading men because he's so a-typical of the sleezy, roving, barhound committment-phob most men were (are) portrayed as on TV. Perhaps that's why we still love him today. I wish this show had been around when I was young and impressionable. Luckily, I stumbled onto a good man, nonetheless. wink

Young men are consistently shown that they should sleep with as many women as possible, be as drunk as possible, and as stupid as possible, why should they act any better? Imagine how different America would be if most young men on TV were shown with the qualities of Clark Kent. It would raise the bar for their behavior, a bar many men could easily meet. But, alas, that ship has sailed. Although, it makes one think how Lois would react being tossed into such an alt-dimension. Hmmmmm. Challenge Time!

Completely agree! A huge reason why the show has always seemed so special--why I'm always coming back to it--is because of how 'unique' Clark is, and just how different the story of them falling for each other is to me. And totally what I mean by this is that Clark actually has integrity (unlike a lot of male characters wink ). It is so refreshing to have a character that is a GOOD person--one who falls completely in love with his best friend. And the relationship-aspect of the show? Its 'unique-ness', IMO, comes from how heart-felt their journey together really is. Working together, becoming friends, very best friends, each falling for each other (and really needing each other in so many different ways). Getting engaged. Getting married--happily married. Wanting to start a family. There is so much more connection between Lois and Clark, so much more feeling, and so much more love shown--totally, IMO, unlike what's normally out there to view.

I'll stop now--seriously, I could go on forever praising how much a step above the rest these characters and their story is to me grin. But that would be hijacking your thread--which I definitely don't want to do.

Great idea for a challenge, Virginia--and always, great story. And again--thanks for the kind words sloppy.

Oh--almost forgot:

Virginia posted:
We truly are lucky here on the L&C Message Boards to have such great readers, who are kind enough to give us positive (and hopefully honest) feedback. They speak to the work / story, and not about the author/writer.

And us readers are so lucky we have the talented writers here--keeping the story of the show alive notworthy. It's SO appreciated smile.

Susan posted:

My plan is working! clap clap clap wink. Love your work, Susan notworthy. And thanks so much for your kind words, also sloppy.

Will be looking forward to Part 3 posting next weekend dance
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 01/26/15 06:53 PM.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I look forward to seeing your new LnC fic. hyper
I hope it'll be an enjoyable story. smile

Missing Lois was 3/4 written before I started posting. I was able to finish writing it with a huge cushion. Most of my short stories (this one being my exception) are completed before I post.
I've always had my stories, both long and short, completed before I started posting, which is why I have a 153,000+ and counting word story which I haven't even begun posting yet. I never imagined it would turn out so long before I started writing it and I'm still no where close to the end.

I sympathize with your current predicament. I wish you the best of luck and speedy fingers.
Thanks. I managed to meet my insane goal and finish the story and posted the final part this evening. Now I just hope that people liked it.

I have dealt with a far more insane goal before. One that occasion I had less than 2 hours to come up with an idea, get it written, edited, polished and posted, ready for people to read.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1

Seven seconds later, she was sitting in her Superman nightshirt and schlumpy robe on her sofa, digging into a half-gallon of triple chocolate ripple with chocolate chunks ice cream.
[Linked Image]
ULTRA WOMAN: *munching* Oh really? *munching* You think it’s a good idea to tickle a miserable superhero? *munching*
ER: [Linked Image]

Also, Ultra Woman in a Superman shirt! hyper laugh

Clark entered the apartment and shut the door behind him. “Lois, earlier this evening I was kidnapped by aliens and they performed these weird experiments on me, which gave my girlfriend temporary insanity.”
[Linked Image] They transplanted his brain into her?

and covered in sweat and blood. I just wanted to rip off their arms and hit them with ‘em,” Lois growled.
[Linked Image]
NELL: Lucille, I suggest a new strategy. Let the superhero win.

“I pretty much feel that way every week, Lois. Sometimes, every day of every week.”

Yes. He was a nerd in college. So…well…

“Yes, but when I’m mad the allied nations should be called… and that’s without superpowers,” she countered.
rotflol

She ran her thumb over the scratch. “Someone did get hurt. Lots of people got hurt.
Maybe she should break up with him for his own protection?

“You’re giving a whole generation of women a new role model to look up to. You’re proving not only to them, but also to a bunch of stuffy old men out there, that you don’t have to be male to be a hero.
STUFFY OLD MAN on news desk: And While it is nice that a woman is trying to help out, I sure would like to know where Superman has been this past week. Those poor souls in Brazil would still be alive.

And you’re doing it without wearing a bikini,” he reminded her.
NERD SQUAD: [Linked Image]

“You say that now, but can you imagine me PMSing with these powers? There won’t be enough chocolate in the world to calm me down.
laugh

“If you don’t mind a little super powers in your wife.” She hovered off the floor, took his jaw in her hands, and pressed her lips to his.
Well…he might get a stiff neck.

Every one of her nerve endings was singing in pleasure. Never before had she felt more alive or more out of control. She wanted Clark… all of him.
Oh? Uh-oh?

“I heard a news report about a thunderstorm outside of Raleigh. If we hurry, we just might make it,” Lois said, scooping Clark up so that he was cradled in her arms.
Ah. She apparently wears the smarts pants in the family.

“It doesn’t affect me. Dr. Klein showed me the Kryptonite in the video camera this afternoon and then again a few minutes ago. I haven’t been apathetic all day. The opposite in fact,” Lois announced. “I’ve been ultra moody all day.”
So, it affects women differently? At least once a month?

Maybe you’ve been ultra moody today because you were exposed to red Kryptonite and not because…”

Lois stopped and hovered just outside the storm clouds. “Are you sure you want to finish that sentence, Mr. Kent?”
rotflol

“Are you saying that I’m not in control of my emotions, Clark?” Lois roared.

“No. Never!” he exclaimed, raising his hands in self-defense before quickly taking hold of her again.
rotflol

She held up her right hand with the engagement ring on it.

“Lois, no!” Clark screamed, holding more tightly onto her.

A flash of light struck her hand, passed through her body, and into his. “Payback’s a bitch, isn’t it, Kent?”
clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: Thanks for your patience as I respond to my full inbox. smile1

ER: /laughs at UW's outfit/
ULTRA WOMAN: *munching* Oh really? *munching* You think it’s a good idea to tickle a miserable superhero? *munching*
ER: /reconsiders/

Also, Ultra Woman in a Superman shirt!
What? She might be dumping him for his own good, but that doesn't mean she won't still love him!

Originally Posted by ER
Originally Posted by KatRKC
/huh/ They transplanted his brain into her?
Apparently Clark's joke fell flat with more than just Lois.

NELL: Lucille, I suggest a new strategy. Let the superhero win.
lol
BATMAN: Always a good strategy, and yet so few of the villains out there use it.

Originally Posted by ER
Originally Posted by KatRKC

Yes. He was a nerd in college. So…well…
But he was also a football player, so...

Maybe she should break up with him for his own protection?
Apparently it wasn't clear that's exactly what she did after she banged her fist on the Newtrich sister's table causing a splinter to lodge in Clark's forehead. Hence, why she went home and was crying into her chocolate chunk ice cream.

STUFFY OLD MAN on news desk: And While it is nice that a woman is trying to help out, I sure would like to know where Superman has been this past week. Those poor souls in Brazil would still be alive.
SUPERMAN: /rolls eyes/ I never can win, can I?

NERD SQUAD: /but WE like the bikini!/
I guess they'll have to stick it out with WW's fan club instead.

Well…he might get a stiff neck.
From kissing Lois so much?
CLARK: /shrugs bashfully/ Well, if that's all I suffer...

Ah. She apparently wears the smarts pants in the family.
CLARK: And this was ever in doubt? Wait. What?

So, it affects women differently? At least once a month?
Do you think mankind really wants to know the answer to that question?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Thanks for your patience as I respond to my full inbox.
smile1

What? She might be dumping him for his own good, but that doesn't mean she won't still love him!
CLARK: Sounds unreasonable and stupid.
LOIS: And familiar? mad

Apparently Clark's joke fell flat with more than just Lois.
[Linked Image]

BATMAN: Always a good strategy, and yet so few of the villains out there use it.
They should add it to the handbook?

But he was also a football player, so...
Either way, he likes women dressed up in spandex?

Apparently it wasn't clear that's exactly what she did after she banged her fist on the Newtrich sister's table causing a splinter to lodge in Clark's forehead. Hence, why she went home and was crying into her chocolate chunk ice cream.
[Linked Image]

SUPERMAN: /rolls eyes/ I never can win, can I?
SUPER VILLIAN HANDBOOK: No.

ER: Well…he might get a stiff neck.
EW: From kissing Lois so much?
CLARK: /shrugs bashfully/ Well, if that's all I suffer...
While she’s floating and he has to tilt his head back.
LOIS: Wait, *only* your neck? dizzy
CAT: See? Ice Queen.

Do you think mankind really wants to know the answer to that question?
[Linked Image] But crime rates might show a noticeable drop every 4 weeks.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard