Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Karaoke at the Red K Corral TOC

My apologies to anyone who might have felt any discomfort for the mention of the hijacked plane heading to France. I was going to start posting this story a week ago, but then I thought it would do everyone a bit of good if I waited until there was more time between the attacks in Paris and this story. The hijacking of the French plane in the story was part of the original Ultra Woman script and it was included in this story when I first wrote this part almost a year ago.

Depending on reaction to this part and RL demands, I should be posting the next part in 5-7 days.

I would like to thank all the people who Beta read this story and encouraged me to re-write the third part. I'm still debating whether to include a 4th part or leave it at 3 parts.

Thank you for giving my crazy little story a chance. Please leave your thoughts and opinions here. smile

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/19/15 03:28 PM. Reason: Added TOC Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
I definitely think that this is a good episode from which to find inspiration. Just because Lois has Clark's powers doesn't mean she has his personality, and it's the totality of who Clark is that makes him Superman. I bet the tabloids are going to have a field day with that performance, though.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
groobie: A reader! hyper Thanks for popping in and reading my crazy little story.

Originally Posted by groobie
I definitely think that this is a good episode from which to find inspiration. Just because Lois has Clark's powers doesn't mean she has his personality, and it's the totality of who Clark is that makes him Superman.
Yes, but better her with Clark's powers than Lex Luthor. It gives her a chance to walk... er... fly in his boots.

I bet the tabloids are going to have a field day with that performance, though.
Hmmmmm. Thankfully, this story is set in the early 90s before the prevalence of digital and/or cell phone cameras.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I read this yesterday shortly after it was posted, but I wasn't signed in at the time. Now that I am...

This was a good start. Ultra Woman is one of my favorite episodes, so I'm excited to see where this goes.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Virginia wave

I've been wanting to read this all day--but just getting to it now, after everyone is asleep in our house grin.

Agree with Lady Loisette--"Ultra Woman" is a favorite of mine, too. Lois and Clark learn so much about each other in this episode. I've always thought it was such a great idea of the writers, to have them switch their powers, walk in the other's shoes. It puts everything into such a great perspective for the other.

And switching their powers was such a fitting event to have happen right before officially becoming engaged--IMO, it totally cemented that they were ready for 'forever' together wink.

Really looking forward to the story and seeing where you take us. Great start! clap hyper

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yea! More readers. dance

Lady Loisette: Hello, Lady (to quote Princess Bride). wave

I read this yesterday shortly after it was posted, but I wasn't signed in at the time. Now that I am...
With the invention of cell phones, it's now easier to read stories on the boards. Posting comments on a cell phone, not so much. Thanks for coming back. smile

This was a good start. Ultra Woman is one of my favorite episodes, so I'm excited to see where this goes.
Oh. Really? Um... well... uh... no pressure there. /whistles innocently/ I'll do my best. [Linked Image]

Laura: wave /now, I'm really glad I rewrote Part 3/

Originally Posted by LMA
I've been wanting to read this all day--but just getting to it now, after everyone is asleep in our house grin.
I know the feeling. The silence of the night is golden. I'm the last to bed and the first to rise... /eyes clock/ it looks as if another new year's resolution bites the dust.

Agree with Lady Loisette--"Ultra Woman" is a favorite of mine, too. Lois and Clark learn so much about each other in this episode. I've always thought it was such a great idea of the writers, to have them switch their powers, walk in the other's shoes. It puts everything into such a great perspective for the other.

And switching their powers was such a fitting event to have happen right before officially becoming engaged--IMO, it totally cemented that they were ready for 'forever' together wink.
Yes, I have to agree that letting letting Lois fly a mile in his boots was just what Lois needed to know whether 'yes' was the correct answer. Please keep in mind that this is one of those mish-mash stories where two episodes were smashed together. Ultra Woman and Red K (the Individual Responsibility version). [Linked Image]

Really looking forward to the story and seeing where you take us. Great start! clap hyper
Thanks. I hope I find a solution which meets your demands. / eek /

Thank to everyone reading and all of you who have found time to put down your Kerth reading list long enough to comment. I'm sure I'll hear from more of you after Part 2. evil

VirginiaR.
---
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I love that movie. You’re going to make me quote the whole thing in my head.

With the invention of cell phones, it's now easier to read stories on the boards. Posting comments on a cell phone, not so much. Thanks for coming back. smile

I don’t have a phone, so I was actually on the computer, just not signed in. Earlier the same day I had posted a new chapter to a Chuck fic and was waiting for/reading the reviews, so I didn’t take the extra time to log in. I do have an LnC story, but I haven’t edited it or gotten it ready for posting yet.

Oh. Really? Um... well... uh... no pressure there. /whistles innocently/ I'll do my best. [Linked Image]
Yeah, I was pretty young when the show first aired and I didn’t get to really get to see the show again until the DVDs came out. Ultra Woman was the episode I could remember the most about, so it’s been one of my favorites ever since the original airing.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I love that movie. You’re going to make me quote the whole thing in my head.
We recently introduced it to our children and sometimes we'll hear around the house, "My name is..."

I don’t have a phone, so I was actually on the computer, just not signed in. Earlier the same day I had posted a new chapter to a Chuck fic and was waiting for/reading the reviews, so I didn’t take the extra time to log in. I do have an LnC story, but I haven’t edited it or gotten it ready for posting yet.
hyper I look forward to reading it. smile

Yeah, I was pretty young when the show first aired and I didn’t get to really get to see the show again until the DVDs came out. Ultra Woman was the episode I could remember the most about, so it’s been one of my favorites ever since the original airing.
I've been thinking this over since both you and Laura mentioned it was your favorite episode, which episode could be counted as my favorite?... And I think I'd have to rewatch the whole show again to decide. I know there are favorite scenes and moments from beloved episodes and favorite guest-starring characters, but to choose one all time favorite episode? eek I doubt you'd be able to pin me down. Sounds like a good question for the boards though.

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Umm… January? thud But now there’s a part 4, too hyper

Description: Superman on red Kryptonite was bad enough. Now Ultra Woman has been exposed to the stuff… Mayhem ensues.
Oooooh! Drunk and jealous Lois on steroids?

It shot a beam of white light through the window and exploded the target.

“Oh, darn!” Dr. Klein grumbled. “I was sure I had it working.”
LOIS: huh That’s the same reaction I get when I look at stuff that offends me. Seems to be working all right.
RALPH: help

He opened the camera to show the Kryptonite to Ultra Woman.
[Linked Image]

“How am I going to do this?” she asked. “If I bust open the doors, the air pressure…”
She could get a pressure cabin, weld it to the rear, so it least disturbs the airflow, then burn through the hull from inside the cabin and enter the plain. Next, she’d probably want to come up through one of the toilettes because those doors are the easiest to open and already the passenger deck. Then, superspeed around the plane and collect the guns and bombs.

“You haven’t been in this exact same situation, Clark. These are different people, a different airplane, a different airline, different hijackers, and a different part of the world.
rotflol

How could he compare his apples to her applesauce?
Her rescue victims already got pasted?
[Linked Image]

Gosh, he was the greatest guy ever! She didn’t deserve him.
RALPH: I’ll take her if he doesn’t want her.

Sure, there were some fun aspects, like x-raying Clark’s butt this afternoon.
laugh

Had she ever caught him x-raying her rear end, what would she have done? She would have freaked, and rightly so.
[Linked Image]
LOIS: What? Rule 66.

Was there something un-alluring about her? Was she not sexy enough for him?
Maybe she should have asked for a massage? Fully body one. After a hot bath.

One of the reasons that she had been able to see a future with Clark was because she knew she would never have to go through him dying ever again. Once had been more than enough.
And what if he leaves her for that strawberry blonde Dairy Freeze Queen?

Which incident took priority? Which would have more victims, if she weren’t there to help? Would Ultra Woman be blamed for losing the airplane’s passengers if she abandoned them to rush off to Brazil? And vice-versa?
To be fair, if the highjackers wanted to die they would already have…well…she would only be carrying a wing by now. OTH, actually, most carry-on explosives aren’t that big. They rather just destabilize the fuselage and make the plane break apart from its own stress, so her carrying it might neutralize the effects of an explosion. But that doesn’t mean the highjackers wouldn’t still pull the trigger if they wanted to die. So, no, it’s likely they will go more or less quietly if they haven’t already done something rash. And she *could* clear the plane in 5 seconds flat after it is on the ground.

It wasn’t her fault!

This was Superman’s job!
NATIONAL WHISPER: Ultra Woman admits it – she needs a man to take care of her business!

She had been muddy, dirty, and streaked with ashes and blood, so she had taken a quick dip in the Gulf of Mexico to clean off.
See? They don’t need an oil platform in this universe.

The force of the wind was drying her, but all she really wanted to do was go home and soak in a hot tub.
Couldn’t she have used her heatvision to make the gulf a toasty temperature?

soak in a hot tub.

With Clark.
shock

That was what Superman did. He caught, he held, and he rescued Lois Lane.
laugh

Her eyes instantly went to the stage where some overly large man was attempting to sing. He was awful, horrendously awful. Mostly, it was due to the fact that he was plastered drunk and could only slur the words coming out of his mouth. It was because he was singing ‘Like a Virgin’ by Madonna.
laugh

“I could sing better than that with my hands tied behind my back.”

He leaned towards her. “I wouldn’t say that in here, lady; some man might think you’re serious.”

“I’d like to see him try and hogtie me,” she retorted, earning a smile from the man.
evil

She walked to the stage to catcalls and whistles. Lovely. She wondered what song she had chosen. Glancing at the monitor, she saw the name “‘Brandy (You’re a Fine Girl)’ by Looking Glass” on the screen.

Brandy?
Could have been worse. Could have been I'm So Excited.

“She hears him say…”

From the dark reaches of her mind, she heard Clark groaning and calling to her. “I could really use some HELP getting out of this.”
clap

Before Lois knew what was happening, she was in Metropolis and floating down from the sky to where Clark was sitting on a bus bench, bloody and tied up.

He gazed up her with an amazed and relieved smile. “It worked.”

But all Lois could think was, ‘What have I done?’
Huh?

There's a part 2! [Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: Hi, Michael! wave Thank you for giving a chance to this strange story.

Umm… January? /worries about the delay between parts as a pattern with EW's other stories/ But now there’s a part 4, too /but EW DID finish it!!!/
Yes. Well, I was unsure about the part 4 after posting Part 3. When posting the listing of 2015 stories last month, Groobie prodded my muse to finish. I took another look again at the Part 4 I had written previously and decided that any ending was better than none at all [**nudge**nudge**Sue S.**]. The wonderful Readers on these boards assured me that it wasn't as bad I thought (my muse can be a bit of a perfectionist snob.)

Oooooh! Drunk and jealous Lois on steroids?
Um... maybe... maybe not.

LOIS: /huh/ That’s the same reaction I get when I look at stuff that offends me. Seems to be working all right.
RALPH: /decides it's a good time to leave on vacation/
Except that the beam of white light blowing things up would be pointed at HER, not Ralph.

Originally Posted by Michael
Originally Posted by KatRKC
He opened the camera to show the Kryptonite to Ultra Woman.
ER: /Doesn't think that's a good idea/
True, but he did the same thing with Superman in canon. Only Superman knew better than to let him open up the hatch; Ultra Woman, not so much.
UW: Heeeellllloooo! I'm not Kryptonian! This stuff won't.... Hey, got to fly. Someone just took out a batch of chocolate in Switzerland!

She could get a pressure cabin, weld it to the rear, so it least disturbs the airflow, then burn through the hull from inside the cabin and enter the plain. Next, she’d probably want to come up through one of the toilettes because those doors are the easiest to open and already the passenger deck. Then, superspeed around the plane and collect the guns and bombs.
Another reason Darth Michael needs to be considered for the job as a script consultant in Hollywood.

Her rescue victims already got pasted?
Give her time!

/like JarJar?/
UW: Have I just been thoroughly insulted?
EW: [Linked Image]

Originally Posted by ER
Gosh, he was the greatest guy ever! She didn’t deserve him.
RALPH: I’ll take her if he doesn’t want her.
UW: That wasn't one of the options.

Originally Posted by ER
Had she ever caught him x-raying her rear end, what would she have done? She would have freaked, and rightly so.
ER: /CK makes a move on Lois without approval/
And?

Maybe she should have asked for a massage? Fully body one. After a hot bath.
She's new.
SM: Wait. I could've asked for a massage?
LOIS: [Linked Image] Duh!

And what if he leaves her for that strawberry blonde Dairy Freeze Queen?
I hear that heat-vision is good for melting the competition, trace free.

To be fair, if the highjackers wanted to die they would already have…well…she would only be carrying a wing by now. OTH, actually, most carry-on explosives aren’t that big. They rather just destabilize the fuselage and make the plane break apart from its own stress, so her carrying it might neutralize the effects of an explosion. But that doesn’t mean the highjackers wouldn’t still pull the trigger if they wanted to die. So, no, it’s likely they will go more or less quietly if they haven’t already done something rash. And she *could* clear the plane in 5 seconds flat after it is on the ground.
See, the thing is highjackers and logic don't necessarily go together.

Originally Posted by ER
It wasn’t her fault!

This was Superman’s job!
NATIONAL WHISPER: Ultra Woman admits it – she needs a man to take care of her business!
DAILY PLANET OBITs PAGE: Leo Nunk, a reporter for the National Whisper newspaper, was found dead of an apparent suicide in his apartment yesterday afternoon. According to neighbors, who had complained of the smell to the landlord, that Nunk had been discovered after a month of decomposition. The editor of the National Whisper admits that Nunk often disappeared for months at a time while on assignments and/or drunken benders, which was why his absence wasn't brought to the attention of authorities. Also, he was on probation for using made-up facts in a recent story about a secret government organization running out of NYC, codename MiB, handling illegal aliens. Nunk's article quoted an agent, alias "J", as saying that Superman was legal visitor from the planet Krypton and all his paperwork had been filed properly. When questioned about his article, Nunk had no recollection of said story or organization. This put into question all of Nunk's other stories written recently for the National Whisper.

EW: Sorry, what were we talking about?

Originally Posted by ER
She had been muddy, dirty, and streaked with ashes and blood, so she had taken a quick dip in the Gulf of Mexico to clean off.
Huh. What do oil platforms have to do with UW taking a dip in the Gulf of Mexico?

Couldn’t she have used her heatvision to make the gulf a toasty temperature?
Yes, but not exactly environmentally sound.
LEX: So?

Originally Posted by EW
soak in a hot tub.

With Clark.
ER:/shock/
Really? Shocked?

Originally Posted by ER
“I’d like to see him try and hogtie me,” she retorted, earning a smile from the man.
ER: /hoping for another mud-wrestling fic/
Nope. Didn't go there.

lol That's a good song.

Originally Posted by ER
Before Lois knew what was happening, she was in Metropolis and floating down from the sky to where Clark was sitting on a bus bench, bloody and tied up.

He gazed up her with an amazed and relieved smile. “It worked.”

But all Lois could think was, ‘What have I done?’
Huh?
She's blaming herself for Clark getting hurt. If she hadn't taken some time for herself, she could've been in Metropolis and Clark wouldn't have been hurt.

There's a part 2!
And a Part 3, and a Part 4.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you for giving a chance to this strange story.
Not so strange. Just a powerful Lois on some equally powerful meds.

Umm… January? /worries about the delay between parts as a pattern with EW's other stories/ But now there’s a part 4, too /but EW DID finish it!!!/
laugh That was actually about my own tardiness laugh But yeah, the delay is…um…/gets distracted by photos of Lois popping up all over the tabloids/

On an unrelated note, George RR Martin just announced that he won't be finishing his next book by Season 6 of Game of Thrones and while summer is mathematically possible, my earliest expectation is winter 2016. That makes it over 5 years since the last update. So, no worries there about Wrong Clark laugh

(my muse can be a bit of a perfectionist snob.)
Which would explain why each and every thread in your stories is accounted for and properly woven into the tapestry?

Except that the beam of white light blowing things up would be pointed at HER, not Ralph.
LOIS: Hmm…normally, I would now have Clark take a step forward to investigate…

UW: Heeeellllloooo! I'm not Kryptonian! This stuff won't.... Hey, got to fly. Someone just took out a batch of chocolate in Switzerland!
CLARK: She got a great sense of smell. Otherwise, she seems fine to me.

Another reason Darth Michael needs to be considered for the job as a script consultant in Hollywood.
blush Yeah, but we’d also be deprived of 24h gene tests, computer hacking that looks like a video game, and exploding cars — when there is no actual bomb involved. And the aliens from Independency Day would now be sitting on top of the crater that one was Lex Tower.

/like JarJar?/
UW: Have I just been thoroughly insulted?
EW: /thinks so/
peep /this wall seems sturdy/

ER: /CK makes a move on Lois without approval/
And?
clap

She's new.
SM: Wait. I could've asked for a massage?
LOIS: /can’t believe the superhero doesn’t know his job comes with benefits/ Duh!
MAYSON: I *tried* giving Clark benefits!

I hear that heat-vision is good for melting the competition, trace free.
CLARK: [Linked Image]
LOIS: Have you seen Daniel lately?
CLARK: [Linked Image]

DAILY PLANET OBITs PAGE: Leo Nunk, a reporter for the National Whisper newspaper, was found dead of an apparent suicide in his apartment yesterday afternoon. […]
EW: Sorry, what were we talking about?
laugh Also…/points at Zed’s Order/

Huh. What do oil platforms have to do with UW taking a dip in the Gulf of Mexico?
She was pretty soiled and washed all that dirt into the Gulf. And wasn’t Deep Water Horizon in the Gulf of Mexico?

ER: Couldn’t she have used her heatvision to make the gulf a toasty temperature?
EW: Yes, but not exactly environmentally sound.
LEX: So?
clap

soak in a hot tub.

With Clark.
ER:/shock/
EW: Really? Shocked?
Yeah, well, she’d be naked and they haven’t given any indication that…well…

ER: /hoping for another mud-wrestling fic/
Nope. Didn't go there.
rotflol I only made 1 comment once. One!

EW: lol That's a good song.
Yes, but Ultra Woman singing it in *that* dive?

And a Part 3, and a Part 4.
And already FDK’d, too smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard