Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
Finally a fugitive that Lois is hiding that does what he is told (thinking of Stuart Hofferman from The Source).

I loved the Polaroid and wallet comment dance .

Nicely played about being back in the 90's when the virus deal was very new. Actually the writers of the original teleplay should be commended for going that direction considering the state of programming and virus writing of that time frame.

I may not do FDK for each part but I read them without fail and actually wait for them each Tuesday/Friday.

Thanks for writing these and can't wait to see what you do with Barbarians at the Planet and House of Luthor...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the FDK!

Yes, it was hard, knowing what we know today about viruses to keep close to the screenplay.

I guess you'll be happy to hear that The Rival will be going to beta shortly and I have started working on Vatman.

The further we go, the tougher these are becoming.

There are some surprises in store as we move through the season.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Suddenly there was a voice in Lois's ear. "Transfer me to who? I've been holding ten minutes.... Ugh." Pinching the phone between her ear and shoulder, she turned back to Clark. "Okay, here's the scene. Your loving wife of twenty years has spent the entire day at the beauty shop. Dyed her hair red, got it cut ... all to please you. Except she looks ghastly. She stands there when you open the front door, so hopeful ... and says 'Honey, do you like it?' What do you do?"

Clark smiled at this little game, "My wife of twenty years would know I love her the way she is. Why would she dye her hair red?"

Banter is the food and fuel of a happy marriage! dance

As Lois and Clark started to turn to go, Perry added, "There is something else I'd like you know, though."

They stopped and turned back to him. Lois asked, "What's that?"

Perry steepled his fingers as he said, "The minute you step outside that door, I no longer know. And I don't want to know anything else worth ... knowing ... in the future."

Lois and Clark both nodded an acknowledgement and headed out the door.

Perry watched their retreating backs and smiled. He had reasserted his supremacy again.

This was one of the best scenes in the series and showed the talents of Lane Smith to the max! Well done.

Clark showed some level of understanding as he said, "The worst kind. It can attack any computer system, taking on different shapes to avoid detection.

Is that possible?

Martha almost shocked him as she said, "Yes, and you should also know that just because I may qualify for membership in the Gray Panthers, that doesn't mean I'm slowing down. And it doesn't mean that I have to stop growing, experimenting, thinking, making friends with interesting people."

No Martha you shouldn't! There is no reason to think that just because there's snow on the roof, it does not mean there's no fire in the chimney! But next time, tell the poor man what your plans are so he doesn't get upset and run to Metropolis!

Nicely done Ken! hail

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Healthy, fun banter characterizes their marriage.

I can't take credit for Lane Smith's lines. For the most part the dialogue is from the script. I have only added little things here and there, some scenes, some additional comments.

The writers were ahead of their time with this. Most viruses today are self-replicating and destructive, but they don't change their form too easily.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard