OP Offline
Pulitzer

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello! wave

Lois stopped speaking when Jonathan pulled out the picture and showed it to Lois.

Lois sputtered, "Mar … Martha?!?!?"

Jonathan asked, "You see?"

"Yeah, I see a picture. I don't see an affair." Lois looked at Clark and said, "I don't know that I would be so bold as to pose nude for an artist, but I do know that if I did it would only be if the picture was for Clark's eyes alone." She looked back at Jonathan and asked, "Did you ask her about that?"

Hard to imagine Jonathan coming to his kids for advice about his wife. Never a good idea. Lois has got to understand where the man is coming from.

"You have to promise not to take him in. I want you to talk to him yourself before you make up your mind."

Clark released an exasperated sigh before he said, "Okay, but if I'm not convinced you have to call the MPD and turn him in or he has to turn himself in."

Lois cuddled up to Clark and said, "Let's sleep on it. Maybe things will look different in the morning."

"You didn't tell me where he is."

"I'll tell you in the morning. Goodnight, Clark."

"Aarrrggg. Okay. Goodnight, Lois."

No way would Clark just 'sleep on it'! shock

Jonathan reached for the handle of the skillet and picked it up only to let out a yelp of pain and drop it immediately. He started fanning and blowing on his hand while he quickly moved to the sink and put his hand under the cold water.

Clark and Lois had looked on in shocked surprise while this had been happening.

Jonathan looked at Clark and explained, "I'm used to insulated handles. You don't even have pot holders!"

Poor man! He needs to go home to his wife.

Just then the phone rang. Knowing the time, Clark said, "That can't be the office. Even Perry doesn't get in this early."

Wanna bet?

Clark's answer was disappointing, "Not much. Said she wanted to talk to you in person. She's coming in."

Lois offered, "That's a good sign."

Jonathan brightened somewhat and asked, "When? Tonight?"

"No, day after tomorrow."

She's letting him stew, Martha knows her man.

"That's where Eugene is."

"What?!?!?!?!? We're harboring a criminal?"

"No! He's innocent, I tell you."

wink Good use of Lois' old place. Nobody but Detective Reed would think of looking for him there.

Lois turned toward Jimmy and seeing this he nodded in the direction of the pit. Seeing this Lois turned in that direction and saw Lena Harrison entering. Lena Harrison was an attractive woman in her late forties dressed in a conservative pantsuit. Lois had seen Lena at the trial, but a thought crossed her mind, unbidden, <Why are they always blonds?>. Grabbing Clark's arm, Lois said, "Let's go see what she wants."

Yeah, I noticed that as well!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Who else could Jonathan go to? Surely NOT Wayne Irig. His kids are the only ones he would feel he could talk to.

Do you really think that Clark can get her to tell him, when she has made up her mind not to? He knows her well enough by now to know it would be a losing battle.

Yes, Jonathan is lost without Martha, that's why it's so hard on him and yes, she is letting him stew.

I wonder if it was coincidental that most of the women cast for the baddie roles were blonds. Notable exception being Raquel Welsh.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard