Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Kerth
Kerth
Woo hoo! clap Sensual and erotic, romantic and passionate...loved it! thumbsup
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
Did I end this short series in the right place?
Well, that would be on the other side of the boards. wink devil But you can end it where you feel comfortable. My mind will fill in the blanks. grin

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just got it in under your deadline I see dance.

I would like to think the series ended in the right place. I almost always like the stories that leave something left to the imagination at the end as this one does.

As usual your characterizations are spot on. Clark wanting to give her the ring before intimacy, Lois having a one-track mind to get him in bed. Lois winning of course! I also liked the way you filled in the end of the last story with mental flashbacks in the beginning of this one. The previous story left a lot of unanswered questions and you answered most of them here. The only criticism I could put forth is that I wanted Clark to tell Lois that he loved her. She told him a couple of times(once in mental flashback and once real time) but he chose to demonstrate instead of telling her. As unsure as she is of relationships it might have been better for him to tell her and then demonstrate...

The only real drawback to this story though is that it is the last one frown.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Mike,

I have encouraged KK to address that issue in the final version. I agree, he should have said those three little words.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by groobie
Woo hoo! clap Sensual and erotic, romantic and passionate...loved it! thumbsup
Wow, thanks.
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
Did I end this short series in the right place?
Well, that would be on the other side of the boards. wink devil But you can end it where you feel comfortable. My mind will fill in the blanks. grin
I'm sure your mind WILL fill in the blanks. grin

Originally Posted by Mike M
Just got it in under your deadline I see dance.
You make it sound like I nearly missed! I always meant to post it today! LOL.

I would like to think the series ended in the right place. I almost always like the stories that leave something left to the imagination at the end as this one does.
I pretty much left it to the readers imagination for each of the four parts to this series, didn't I?

As usual your characterizations are spot on.
Thanks. Nice to know.

Clark wanting to give her the ring before intimacy, Lois having a one-track mind to get him in bed. Lois winning of course!
Of course!

I also liked the way you filled in the end of the last story with mental flashbacks in the beginning of this one. The previous story left a lot of unanswered questions and you answered most of them here.
Didn't want to go into to much explanation, but I knew there would be just a couple of things people would demand to know...

The only criticism I could put forth is that I wanted Clark to tell Lois that he loved her. She told him a couple of times(once in mental flashback and once real time) but he chose to demonstrate instead of telling her. As unsure as she is of relationships it might have been better for him to tell her and then demonstrate...
I hadn't actually noticed that he never said it in the fic. I never meant to imply that he hadn’t told her at all. He’s probably told her hundreds of times just in the week since Christmas, but it just never got mentioned in the fic. I focussed more on the fact the Clark ‘showed’ her, and he’s ALWAYS been showing her, over the few years they’d known each other. If she’d just looked, she would have seen it in his actions day after day, even when they were just friends.

The only real drawback to this story though is that it is the last one frown.

Mike
Yeah, sorry. No more. Really. This time it is the end!

Originally Posted by KenJ
Mike,

I have encouraged KK to address that issue in the final version. I agree, he should have said those three little words.
I AM going to look at slipping a couple of things into the archive version.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Happy New Year, KK! I love this ending to your vignette series. I was wondering if it would come in the vise of a POV from Perry, or Jimmy, or Jonathan, after your last one.

One of the things I like most about L&C is that Clark doesn't act like 98% of most men on TV, i.e. always trying to get into a woman's pants. He's about love and romance. You demonstrate that here. Lois is trying to get romance the pants off him and all (perhaps 'all' isn't quite the right word, since Lois does persuade him after all), while his mind is set on proposing. smile I'm glad that both agree that New Year's is a good time to create a memory worth keeping.

Quite the cute story.

Clark, it's probably best if Grammy Kent's (Grammy Clarke's?) ring stays out of view for tonight. The last thing you want to think about during your first time is your grandmother, even inadvertently.

PS: I never noticed Clark not saying the words "I love you" to Lois. He certainly showed it, which is more than those 98% I mentioned above. Lois certainly didn't doubt his regard for her, and even mentioned seeing it in his eyes. Her actions have proved to him that despite the lack of words, his sentiment was clear.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark honey, somehow I think Grandma's ring will find its way to Lois's finger by January 7th, if not sooner. Hmmm, how about if they come back from that holiday engaged?

See, Martha always knows best! dance

Excellent series Katherine, beautifully written!

Last edited by Morgana; 01/01/15 12:53 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow--that was beautifully written, KK notworthy clap.

And, IMO, a lovely way to cap off the series. (Agree, Mike, sad to see it end whinging ).

I had not noticed that Clark didn't said 'I love you'. The 'showing'...totally agree, Virginia. It's what makes Clark--and the show--so special. That pure, gentle, wonderful love that he has for Lois--that he demonstrates for four years--you don't see that much at all on tv. It's so refreshing (it's still so refreshing) after all these years. The show really...it's such a beautiful love story.

KK--you totally captured those feelings between them for us. Loved the series hyper!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 01/02/15 04:37 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard