Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just for the record, I never trusted Lena!

More later.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OK. Now it's later! grin

vicissitudes

Neat word!

Sitting in another row was a woman with a very self-satisfied smile. This verdict had vindicated the work she had put in on this case. She was Detective Sergeant Betty Reed and she was certainly no fashion plate. Her brown hair was frizzy and unkempt like it hadn't seen a brush in a week. Her clothes were serviceable, but went a long way toward hiding the fact that she was in fact a woman, slacks, a jacket over a blouse and flats being her normal wear. It actually made sense to Lois. Whenever she was doing a B&E job she always dressed for conflict wearing slacks or jeans a dark top and running shoes. For Reed, dressing that way would facilitate foot pursuit of a suspect. Lois actually felt some pity for the woman. If she could only do something with her hair she might actually become attractive, in a homely way.

Excellent description of the detective. A tough woman in an even tougher profession.

Lois interrupted and used the information she had gathered over the course of time and asked, "You're a football fan, right?"

Ben was obviously being tempted, as he replied, "Depends on where I'm sitting."

Knowing she had hit pay dirt, Lois reached into her bag thanking her lucky stars that she had prepared for this eventuality. She pulled out two tickets and showing them to Ben, asked, "How about the fifty yard line?"

The temptation proved to be too much. Ben grabbed the tickets and shoved them into his pocket as he turned and punched a code into the door lock. As the door was opening, he said, "Ten minutes."

As the door started to swing open he started to step back. Before he was completely clear, Lois started forward. Before she was able to pass the door she stopped and both she and Ben gaped at the empty room.

Lois and Ben exchanged a glance. Lois held out her hand and Ben reluctantly dug into his pocket and returned the tickets which, without a word, Lois immediately stuffed back in her bag.

I always loved this exchange between Lois and Ben. It shows how good writing can make a simple scene quite memorable. Oh yeah, the acting had a lot to do with that as well. Hopefully the poor guy was simply disciplined and not terminated.

Jonathan interrupted him by jumping up and saying, "Take a look at this. I found it, right after you guys left, in the barn, covered up." As he was speaking, Jonathan was walking back toward the entryway. Next to the steps was an item that Clark had not noticed. Jonathan picked it up. It was obviously a picture. As Jonathan uncovered it, Clark could see that it was a painting of a nude woman reclining on a chaise lounge. Upon closer inspection, Clark gasped out, "Mom???"
shock

This was hilarious and one of the few times Eddie Jones was allowed to shine without K Callan by his side. But the picture is HUGE!

Eugene was a pathetic sight as he replied, "I don't know except ... I have to see Lena. Something's wrong. She didn't even look at me during the trial; she never visited me in jail."

Like I said, I never trusted that chick. mad

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Reed has a big part in this story as you well know. Later on she will provide some of the comedy relief.

The series was Rom-Com. I tried to hit the Com side heavier in this episode.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard