Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Merry Christmas everyone.

Part 4 of this series next week.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Top Banana
Top Banana
A nice story to read on Christmas morning. I look forward to seeing how this series evolves.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Top Banana
Top Banana
A perfect Christmas morning story. Thanks for posting it when you did.

I was kind of surprised that they fell back into the 'friend' relationship. Always thought the secret and its ancillary stuff (always leaving, dumb excuses) was the biggest thing keeping them apart. I see why you did it. You wanted to give Martha a role in getting them really together. Lois and Clark, two of the bravest, strongest people, still afraid of taking the risk of love.

I look forward to the next installment next week.

Merry Christmas

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sometimes love needs a little push in the right direction:

I don't know why they've fallen into this 'friendship' thing. I thought that when she found out his secret it would be the final factor in their inevitable journey to … love. But, for some reason, they both seem to think that the other just wants to be friends.

Pah.

I wish I could tan their hides.

But I can't. They aren’t children anymore, even if they act like it sometimes, they are grown adults. Capable of making their own choices, their own silly mistakes.

.... and sometimes not.

But as always, Martha finds a way to lend a hand! Thanks for a sweet story.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Awwww...what a sweet Christmas story. smile Definitely looking forward to a continuation of the series. thumbsup

P.S. Yes, I'm reading the boards on Christmas. I'm obsessed! LOL

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Groobie:

Aren't we all? grin

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Annie B.
A nice story to read on Christmas morning. I look forward to seeing how this series evolves.
Only one more to go, but hopefully you'll be happy with how it ends.

Originally Posted by Mike M
A perfect Christmas morning story. Thanks for posting it when you did.
You are welcome.

I was kind of surprised that they fell back into the 'friend' relationship. Always thought the secret and its ancillary stuff (always leaving, dumb excuses) was the biggest thing keeping them apart.
I was a little surprised, myself, when the idea for this came along. I meant to leave No 2 in the series and let you imagine what happened in the morning. But when I realised that I could do a little Christmas snippet I knew I would have to decide what happened next.

I know that the secret is often a barrier to them getting together, and once it's out in the open, then 'things' start to happen, but in this particular case you saw that Lois (in No 1) saw Superman as out of reach, and Clark (in No 2) decide to tell Lois because he believed she would never feel the same about him. The secret coming out actually REINFORCED each of those ideas and so the two of them suffered in silence for months.

I see why you did it. You wanted to give Martha a role in getting them really together. Lois and Clark, two of the bravest, strongest people, still afraid of taking the risk of love.
Oh yes. Absolutely.

I look forward to the next installment next week.
Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Merry Christmas

Mike
To you too, thank you.

Originally Posted by Morgana
Sometimes love needs a little push in the right direction:

I don't know why they've fallen into this 'friendship' thing. I thought that when she found out his secret it would be the final factor in their inevitable journey to … love. But, for some reason, they both seem to think that the other just wants to be friends.

Pah.

I wish I could tan their hides.

But I can't. They aren’t children anymore, even if they act like it sometimes, they are grown adults. Capable of making their own choices, their own silly mistakes.

.... and sometimes not.

But as always, Martha finds a way to lend a hand! Thanks for a sweet story.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by groobie
Awwww...what a sweet Christmas story. smile Definitely looking forward to a continuation of the series. thumbsup
It does continue, but with only one more instalment. But then the start of this whole thing was only supposed to be one short vignette. And then I said I was done after No 2. *sigh*

P.S. Yes, I'm reading the boards on Christmas. I'm obsessed! LOL
Hey, you're only reading. I'm the one who posted, then kept sneaking little looks all day to see if anyone had commented!

Originally Posted by Morgana
Groobie:

Aren't we all? grin
See, exactly! *nods*

Originally Posted by LWhite
Had a peek at this somewhere between waiting for the family to arrive and Granny telling us that the old songs are the best (true, even if Slade coined it first) - great Christmas story. Lovely continuation to the previous parts.
Thank you.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Fun to see this from Martha’s point of view, knocking a little sense into their heads. Very enjoyable!

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful way to end the Christmas evening clap...

Kids are in bed, husband in bed, parents in bed...and I just couldn't go to bed without first spending some time with Lois and Clark. Especially so on Christmas grin huh .

Great, great story, KK. Such a wonderful surprise to find when I got on tonight. Gotta love Martha--and you wrote in her perspective amazingly. I've really enjoyed this series, and will be lookin forward to next week! hyper.

Me obsessed? Oh yeah! dance clap hyper Happily and completely.
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 12/26/14 02:36 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Awww... What a wonderful story.

Your choice of POV character was inspired. I suspect most authors (myself definitely included) would have made either Lois or Clark the POV character; maybe even switching between the two. But choosing Martha was sheer brilliance.

Thanks for this Christmas gift to us, and I'm excited about the prospect of another story in the series. I wonder whether that one will be from Jonathan's POV? Or maybe Perry's? I guess I'll have to wait until next week to find out.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by DebbieG
Fun to see this from Martha’s point of view, knocking a little sense into their heads. Very enjoyable!
Thanks.

Originally Posted by LMA
Wonderful way to end the Christmas evening clap...
Thank you.

Kids are in bed, husband in bed, parents in bed...and I just couldn't go to bed without first spending some time with Lois and Clark. Especially so on Christmas grin huh .
I quite agree.

Great, great story, KK. Such a wonderful surprise to find when I got on tonight. Gotta love Martha--and you wrote in her perspective amazingly. I've really enjoyed this series, and will be lookin forward to next week! hyper.

Me obsessed? Oh yeah! dance clap hyper Happily and completely.
Laura
Hope you enjoy part four.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Awww... What a wonderful story.

Your choice of POV character was inspired. I suspect most authors (myself definitely included) would have made either Lois or Clark the POV character; maybe even switching between the two. But choosing Martha was sheer brilliance.
Thanks. I didn't want to unbalance the series by giving it to only one of Lois or Clark, but it didn't lend itself to a swap in POV so that meant finding a third character. Once I thought of Martha it all fell together.

Thanks for this Christmas gift to us, and I'm excited about the prospect of another story in the series. I wonder whether that one will be from Jonathan's POV? Or maybe Perry's? I guess I'll have to wait until next week to find out.

Joy,
Lynn
You'll find out in a few mintues. But, as you will see, there was only one place to end the series.

KatherineKent/Victoria

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard