Next Thread
Print Thread
#260200 12/24/14 09:34 PM
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Well, the rims are a little bent and the tires lost some rubber, but we're driving straight now.

One hopes so, at any rate.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
Kerth
A nice WAFFY part - thanks for that Christmas treat. wink Where it goes from here, well, I'll just have faith it ends well! LOL I agree with a comment from your feedback in the last thread - characters should naturally encounter struggles and problems and learn to overcome them. I just like a happy ending in exchange for following along with them on the ride. laugh

“How mad are you?”
“At you? Almost not at all. At myself? Furious.”
Very reasonable reaction. This should be at the heart of Lois' discovery of the secret - she may blow up at Clark in other fics, but I believe it's always because she's covering up for how mad she is at herself for not seeing it sooner.

My friend was pregnant with her boyfriend's child. She started to have some medical issues, so the two of them dropped everything for the weekend, drove out to Vegas, and got married. They wanted to make sure that he had the legal right to make any decisions for all three of them just in case anything went wrong. Smart move, I thought. So I like that Lois and Clark are just diving into marriage...will make it that much easier to deal with things *if* that liver becomes an issue in future parts.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Well, the rims are a little bent and the tires lost some rubber, but we're driving straight now.

One hopes so, at any rate.

We have a long ways to go and it would not be a Lois and Clark story if everything went smoothly. I expect there to be at least some medical issues that will present themselves. Wonder if we will see Tempus somewhere along the way...

I loved the story as this part is my view of Lois and Clark; arguing, debating, teasing, and making up. I loved the time honored way of stopping the babbling and of course Lois' comeback
She finally inched away slowly, almost panting. “That – that wasn’t fair. I wasn’t finished ranting at you.”

The calling Ellen Non for the wedding was cute and of course Lucy's getaway vehicle comment.

Really nice job and at least they get some peace before you dump whatever else you have planned on them evil .

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by groobie
My friend was pregnant with her boyfriend's child. She started to have some medical issues, so the two of them dropped everything for the weekend, drove out to Vegas, and got married. They wanted to make sure that he had the legal right to make any decisions for all three of them just in case anything went wrong. Smart move, I thought. So I like that Lois and Clark are just diving into marriage...will make it that much easier to deal with things *if* that liver becomes an issue in future parts.

I was surprised that Terry did not mention that idea. Wendy had them get married in '24Hrs' for exactly that reason. In that fic, Lois is poisoned with 24Hrs to live. As it was getting towards the end, Lois did not want her parents keeping her on life support for a long period of time. She discussed it with Clark and then married him so he would have the final say in any medical decisions instead of her parents. (no fear Lois does not die but got very sick towards the end of the 24Hr timeframe). Excellent story BTW.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
The next part will be up on the boards soon, so I thought I'd respond to the comments here.

Groobie, I'm glad you liked Lois' reaction to Clark's secret. Remember that she's had a few weeks to think about it, and not only does she realize that Clark would have been dumb to tell her in this story, she's had time to get over the emotional shock. I know from personal experience that trying to have a deep, reasoned discussion about any subject before the feelings settle down is a recipe for more feelings - and not the good kind.

Mike, I'd love to blame all this on Tempus, but it's just real life. Things go wrong in life and we usually don't react well. For example, the divorce rate of all couples who have children with serious, chronic, or terminal conditions is over 80%, largely because the stress is too much for the marriage to handle and because so many of us have the idea that if we can't handle the heat, the best option is to get out of the kitchen. The problem with that approach is that if you leave the kitchen, the dinner burns.

The reason I didn't send them to Vegas is two-fold. I wanted their friends and families to be involved, and shuttling everyone out to Nevada via either the redeye or Superman express felt forced to me. The second part is that I didn't think of Vegas until after I'd started writing the scenes you've just read and I didn't want to throw away all that work. And while there are legit reasons to marry in Vegas, I didn't think this was one of them. In Wendy's "24" there was no time for any other option. Lois' liver wasn't going to go on strike within a week. And I agree that "24" is a real corker. If one has not read it, one may read it here.

After you finish my next chapter, of course.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The results of Lois GSW is more than a little scary. Her life will be cut short because of it.

If ever you planted a hard right turn, this was it! whinging

Great wedding by the way.

Mike I loved 24 hours!

Last edited by Morgana; 12/30/14 10:55 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard