Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So. There you go.

Technically there were three criteria.

RULES:
1. Beautiful weather (because nothing ruins Christmas like a clear, crisp day without a storm-cloud in the sky, right?)
2. Our protagonist(s) must be out of town or travelling. No Metropolis, no Smallville.
3. Set S4 or later.
Did it meet the critera?

But, of course, there was the unspoken 4th rule of 'worst Christmas ever'.

TOC

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Awww... Your Queen of the Happy Endings title remains intact. smile

I especially liked the line,
Clark really believed that … he did. Maybe.
It says so much about how fervently Clark wished to believe everything was OK, and yet how much doubt still remained in him.

I would say that while you may have met the letter of the rules for the challenge, your story did *not* satisfy the spirit of it -- which is fine by me!

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Whew! eek

So glad everything turned out for the best! When I was reading this my heart jumped more than a few times.

Thanks for a great story Katherine! hyper

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Ahhh...happy ending! My friend had a similar condition - ended up on bedrest for three months with drugs to prevent her contractions. Drove her insane to sit there doing nothing for so long, but a healthy baby as the end result was enough to keep her firmly on that bed. wink Thanks for the story, and Merry Christmas! smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful! clap

So glad that Lois and her daughter are going to be ok. I especially loved the ending:

Clark knew that everything was actually going to turn out all right. His Christmas Wish had come true.

The doctor was explaining about some minor side effects of the injection, but Clark's concentration wandered. All he could think about was what he'd seen while x-raying Lois' abdomen. He knew that her wish would come true too, in about two months.

But maybe he wouldn't wait that long to tell her … maybe he'd tell her on Christmas Day.

What a creative way for Clark to find out the sex of their child--and for us to find out, too. And what a wonderful Christmas they will have all together now...safe, back home, with their boys, and their bundle of joy on the way.

Happy everyone is safe notworthy

Really enjoyed this one, KK...thanks!
Laura smile

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Awww... Your Queen of the Happy Endings title remains intact. smile
Yay! Thanks. Although, I don't think there's been a vote to confirm that title, though. Maybe other people have other ideas? *shrugs*

I especially liked the line,
Clark really believed that … he did. Maybe.
It says so much about how fervently Clark wished to believe everything was OK, and yet how much doubt still remained in him.
It's always the way. You want to believe, yet you don't, but you have 'faith', yet you doubt ... all at the same time. LOL

I would say that while you may have met the letter of the rules for the challenge, your story did *not* satisfy the spirit of it -- which is fine by me!

Joy,
Lynn
Aww, shucks. I didn't satify the challenge. *mopes*

Originally Posted by LWhite
(Google was fairly inconclusive - everything from IBS and infection to premature labour. I guess it was right, though. I was mostly checking the possible complications because I have a strange and compulsive need to look everything up on the Internet.)
LOL. At least the correct one was in there...

Wow, very relieved that it didn't turn out to be the 'worst Christmas ever' - the story was tense, but I really enjoyed reading it.

K
Thanks. You know, they may still class this as the worst Christmas ever, just because of the worry, and the tension, and the fact that Lois then had a dangerous pregnancy for the next two months!

Originally Posted by Morgana
Whew! eek

So glad everything turned out for the best! When I was reading this my heart jumped more than a few times.
Glad to know I was getting a real reaction, and it wasn't just plain words on the screen.

Thanks for a great story Katherine! hyper
And thanks for your comments.

Originally Posted by groobie
Ahhh...happy ending! My friend had a similar condition - ended up on bedrest for three months with drugs to prevent her contractions. Drove her insane to sit there doing nothing for so long, but a healthy baby as the end result was enough to keep her firmly on that bed. wink
I got the idea from something I remembered being told to me years ago by our Pastor's wife. Their first girl was just like this. She had to be on strict four hourly pills, and if she missed by even a minute then the contractions started again. She had to check herself into hospital on the assigned date, and the moment she was due for her next pill, but didn't take it, she went into full labour.

Thanks for the story, and Merry Christmas! smile
Merry Christmas to you too.

Originally Posted by LMA
Wonderful! clap

So glad that Lois and her daughter are going to be ok.
Me too. Phew! *wipes brow*

I especially loved the ending:

Clark knew that everything was actually going to turn out all right. His Christmas Wish had come true.

The doctor was explaining about some minor side effects of the injection, but Clark's concentration wandered. All he could think about was what he'd seen while x-raying Lois' abdomen. He knew that her wish would come true too, in about two months.

But maybe he wouldn't wait that long to tell her … maybe he'd tell her on Christmas Day.

What a creative way for Clark to find out the sex of their child--and for us to find out, too.
Thanks. I knew I wanted him to find this out all along, but I needed a legitimate reason for him to x-ray Lois. She would have been upset if he'd just 'looked' for no reason, and found out before her.

And what a wonderful Christmas they will have all together now...safe, back home, with their boys, and their bundle of joy on the way.

Happy everyone is safe notworthy

Really enjoyed this one, KK...thanks!
Laura smile
Thank you very much.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay! No characters were harmed in the making of this fic. And they deserve a change after four boys in a row!

Very nice!

Kerth
Kerth
What a lovely story, Victoria!

Having been through a couple of anxious moments in the labour ward, I thought you captured the feelings of fear and helplessness really well.

I love how you managed to give us a happy ending without jumping forward in time or leaving us hanging and just hoping things would work out.

X-ray vision sure comes in handy occasionally!

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. God bless.

Corrina.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
peep I just realized that with my frantic holiday schedule, I never commented on Part 3 of your story. peep Forgive me. I did read it, when you posted it (or within 24 hours) and until this very moment, really thought I had commented. smile Can I blame my family for stealing my brain cells? hyper Please, can I?

Yea for Clark for reassuring Lois that she and the baby were okay. He really is the greatest! I was expecting bed rest, but taking a pill every four hours for three months? Yikes! That sounds scary and horrible. It's bad enough when they wake you every 4 hours to take your temperature and blood pressure while you're in the hospital, but for 3 months? Good thing Lois has a type A husband who will stop saving a burning building to call her to remind her to take a pill at 3am. Of course, it will have Lois ready to be up every four hours for when the baby arrives.

Thank you for not WHAMming us too hard and giving us a semi-happy ending to your story. I'm glad that Lois got her Christmas wish. It will only make sure appreciate her daughter all the more. What a lucky girl to have 4 older brothers. Let's hope they're like Clark.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/29/14 09:04 PM. Reason: Family stole brain cells needed for grammar

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by DebbieG
Yay! No characters were harmed in the making of this fic. And they deserve a change after four boys in a row!

Very nice!
Yup, no characters were harmed ... well, physically, um, emotionally, um ... there was some harming, but it was temporary. grin

They definitely deserve a change after boys!

Originally Posted by Female Hawk
What a lovely story, Victoria!
Thanks

Having been through a couple of anxious moments in the labour ward, I thought you captured the feelings of fear and helplessness really well.
Really? That's good. I had some strugles in both my labours, but they were actually pretty 'normal' struggles, so I wondered how well I'd do at getting this.

I love how you managed to give us a happy ending without jumping forward in time or leaving us hanging and just hoping things would work out.
I didn't want the fic to drag on too long, or have an unexpected jump in time, but I still wanted to round off the whole story.

X-ray vision sure comes in handy occasionally!
*nods* Hands up who would like x-ray vision!

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. God bless.

Corrina.
Thank you. And you too. Good to see you on the boards, you are missed. *hugs*

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
peep I just realized that with my frantic holiday schedule, I never commented on Part 3 of your story. peep
WHAT!

Forgive me.
Oh, okay, I forgive you.

I did read it, when you posted it (or within 24 hours) and until this very moment, really thought I had commented. smile Can I blame my family for stealing my brain cells? hyper Please, can I?
Blame whoever you want. grin

Yea for Clark for reassuring Lois that she and the baby were okay. He really is the greatest!
Of course he is, that's why we are all in love with him (speaking for the female population here on the boards)

I was expecting bed rest, but taking a pill every four hours for three months? Yikes! That sounds scary and horrible.
I guess it's something you get used to after a while. I also know of two women who had to inject Hepparin into their stomach once a day during their pregnancies to prevent blood clots (one being my sister-in-law). My eldest daughter has inherited this condition from her father so she will have the same when she gets pregnant. We haven't had the youngest daughter tested yet.

It's bad enough when they wake you every 4 hours to take your temperature and blood pressure while you're in the hospital, but for 3 months? Good thing Lois has a type A husband who will stop saving a burning building to call her to remind her to take a pill at 3am. Of course, it will have Lois ready to be up every four hours for when the baby arrives.
Thank goodness for Clark, eh?

Thank you for not WHAMming us too hard and giving us a semi-happy ending to your story.
I purposefully didn't put a WHAM warning, because ... nothing bad actually happens.

I'm glad that Lois got her Christmas wish. It will only make sure appreciate her daughter all the more. What a lucky girl to have 4 older brothers. Let's hope they're like Clark.
Oh, they are. Definitley. I even have 4 next-gen love stories sketched out for these four boys. Chances they will be written ... 1%. frown

KatherineKent/Victoria
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I've been in lurk mode for the past couple of weeks, so while I was reading this story as it was posted I was never signed in to leave comments.

I enjoyed this little story and I'm glad everything turned out okay in the end. smile

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard