ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, what did you think?

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lol!

Lex Luger...now THERE'S a name I haven't heard in years!!! Lexprentice? "You're hired!" ?? Superman feminine hygiene products??? Comedy gold!

Clark: "Lois, you know, I really hope someday that you learn, that sometimes what it seems like people are doing isn't what they're really doing."
Lois: "What are you, a fortune cookie?"
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
That was hysterical. Bravo!

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
That was hilarious!

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This is funny on so many levels. I almost wonder if it was written during the LexCorp Christmas party, and sent by mistake because of the boldness of asking Lex to hire more people (raise staffing 20%!!) to handle his inane naming procedures. I doubt any sober people would be so foolhardy. Of course, Lex might need to replace his top legal department due to the sudden drop in altitude of their corporate jet when they all went on that retreat after the holidays.

I love this line:
While the senior partners are more than happy to work through Christmas and other assorted holidays, the legal system itself is not. The junior partners have not yet acclimated, although a visit from your assistant would be helpful in motivating them.
Who would want to work for such a company? lol Is this a reference to Mr. Luthor being the modern day Mr. Scrooge? clap very enjoyable!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lex, don't go up against Trump in the PR department, he'll win hands down! wink

Thanks for a truly funny memo! rotflol

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I almost wonder if it was written during the LexCorp Christmas party, and sent by mistake because of the boldness of asking Lex to hire more people (raise staffing 20%!!) to handle his inane naming procedures. I doubt any sober people would be so foolhardy.
LOL! I totally see this! And the next morning, the guy from legal opens his email and sees that he drunk-emailed the entire staff. Then he sits up in his chair a bit straighter and pales as he sees Lex marching straight towards his desk. laugh

Funny story! Thanks for posting, Shayne! clap

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Kerth
Kerth
I wonder if he'd want to rename The X Files as The Lex Files. Or persuade Metropolis natural history museum to call one of their dinosaurs T Lex...

Last edited by Marcus Rowland; 12/24/14 09:16 PM.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
As funny as the memo was, Shayne, some of the comments are just as good. Thank you for a full bowl-full-of-jelly belly laugh today!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
This was so much fun!

lisa in the sky with diamonds

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard