Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So... do I have to run and hide?

TOC

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Top Banana
Top Banana
peep hardly!

I realize you don't do a lot of cliffhangers laugh but this one is pretty good clap. Given the date Lois being pregnant in her late 40's (or even 50 depending on birthdays) could be problematic. Since she did not seem to have any problems with the three previous pregnancies (including twins) the Kryptonian thing problem is probably not the culprit. I assume I know what Clark's wish will be but you could throw us a curve ball...

I personally cannot wait until the next part. So what IS your posting schedule? hint, hint...

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 12/22/14 04:17 PM.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Vicki,

Thank you for the acknowledgement. 'We come to serve.'

I really enjoy working with talented authors.

Mike,

I think that Vicki plans to post one each day so you won't have too long to wait for the next section.

Last edited by KenJ; 12/22/14 06:10 PM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yikes! Just part one has you down as the Kents' worst Christmas ever! Clark should have known better than to take Lois at her word. She never admits to being in pain unless it's over a 10 on the hospital Richter scale. (1=minor paper cut, 10=hit by truck).

I'm guessing Clark's Christmas wish starts out for a daughter and then switches to Lois and child to both be healthy. Four boys and they're still wanting more? thud Good thing one of them is super powered.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hmmm... If this were being written by a different author, I'd be convinced that Lois is losing the baby, especially since this is supposed to live up/down to the "worst Christmas ever" challenge. But surely you, queen of the happy endings, wouldn't write a story like that, would you? Or are you trying to keep from being type cast?

Either way, you have me hooked. When will the other two parts drop?

Joy,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yah--another KK story clap hyper

...but from the looks of things--oh no! sad.

I totally agree with Virginia about Clark's wish--a daughter originally b/c he knows how much Lois is wanting one. And then--scary stuff--then a switch of a wish for Clark to having his wife/child be ok.

Really curious where you will take us with this story. And for Lois and Clark--I guess, barring Clark flying her back himself to Metropolis--they are all the way down in Florida while this is happening.

Eagerly wanting to check in on Lois! Post soon grovel help thud. We've gotta find out what's happening to her/Baby Kent!

Thanks, KK smile
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In view of the setting, time wise, of this story it struck me that it could easily be a sequel to "A T-Shirt Revelation" and I suggested as much to Vicki. They are together, they are in Florida at a conference again ...

It would have been so natural to include some of those scenes as flashbacks, but she wanted to keep this simple.

I tried ...

Even without that, this is an outstanding story.

Last edited by KenJ; 12/22/14 08:51 PM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Kerth
Kerth
Well, that's a doozy of a cliffhanger! shock I'm going to assume this will all work out in the end, because preterm labor at 6 months would result in a very premature baby, and that could have devastating results, and there's no way you'd do that to all of us at Christmas time (particularly without a warning!). smile So I will wait patiently for the next part and think happy thoughts! thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Excellent story! A great one which gives hope and joy. Well written.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Mike M
peep hardly!

I realize you don't do a lot of cliffhangers laugh but this one is pretty good clap.
LOL. I love my cliffhangers ... grin

Given the date Lois being pregnant in her late 40's (or even 50 depending on birthdays) could be problematic.
Unless I've got my maths wrong Lois should be just coming up on 40, not 50. Clark was born in 1966, which makes him 39 in 2005.

Since she did not seem to have any problems with the three previous pregnancies (including twins) the Kryptonian thing problem is probably not the culprit.
Nope. The 'Kryptonian' thing is not a problem.

I assume I know what Clark's wish will be but you could throw us a curve ball...
I could. You never know.

I personally cannot wait until the next part. So what IS your posting schedule? hint, hint...

Mike
Posting schedule is once a day. smile

Originally Posted by KenJ
Vicki,

Thank you for the acknowledgement. 'We come to serve.'
And you 'serve' so well. grin

I really enjoy working with talented authors.
Oh, then why are you working with me?

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Yikes! Just part one has you down as the Kents' worst Christmas ever!
Really? Well, see what you think by the end.

Clark should have known better than to take Lois at her word. She never admits to being in pain unless it's over a 10 on the hospital Richter scale. (1=minor paper cut, 10=hit by truck).
Absolutely.

I'm guessing Clark's Christmas wish starts out for a daughter and then switches to Lois and child to both be healthy.
That's a very logical thought.

Four boys and they're still wanting more? thud Good thing one of them is super powered.
Yup.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Hmmm... If this were being written by a different author, I'd be convinced that Lois is losing the baby, especially since this is supposed to live up/down to the "worst Christmas ever" challenge.
What are you trying to say? *hands on hips*

But surely you, queen of the happy endings, wouldn't write a story like that, would you? Or are you trying to keep from being type cast?
Oh, Um. I take offense at that. I'm not the queen of happy endings. Um, well, okay, maybe I am. Actually, FYI, I was voted the 'leggings queen' at my postgraduate University.

Either way, you have me hooked.
Good, that means you'll be back to read the next part. smile

When will the other two parts drop?

Joy,
Lynn
Tonight and tomorrow.

Originally Posted by LMA
Yah--another KK story clap hyper

...but from the looks of things--oh no! sad.
Sorry. frown

I totally agree with Virginia about Clark's wish--a daughter originally b/c he knows how much Lois is wanting one. And then--scary stuff--then a switch of a wish for Clark to having his wife/child be ok.
Hmmm, still sounds logical.

Really curious where you will take us with this story. And for Lois and Clark--I guess, barring Clark flying her back himself to Metropolis--they are all the way down in Florida while this is happening.
Yup, they are. It was one of the stipulations of the challenge. Lois and Clark must be out of town - and Smallville couldn't count.

Eagerly wanting to check in on Lois! Post soon grovel help thud. We've gotta find out what's happening to her/Baby Kent!

Thanks, KK smile
Laura
Is tonight soon enough?

Originally Posted by KenJ
In view of the setting, time wise, of this story it struck me that it could easily be a sequel to "A T-Shirt Revelation" and I suggested as much to Vicki. They are together, they are in Florida at a conference again ...
They are. I noticed the coincidence when writing it myself.

It would have been so natural to include some of those scenes as flashbacks, but she wanted to keep this simple.
It's not specifically a sequel and I guess it's up to the reader to decide, now that you have pointed it out.

I tried ...

Even without that, this is an outstanding story.
Thanks Ken.

Originally Posted by groobie
Well, that's a doozy of a cliffhanger! shock
Naaa. It's quite tame. I did worse in The Wedding Pact.

I'm going to assume this will all work out in the end, because preterm labor at 6 months would result in a very premature baby, and that could have devastating results, and there's no way you'd do that to all of us at Christmas time (particularly without a warning!). smile So I will wait patiently for the next part and think happy thoughts! thumbsup
You noticed my lack of warning! Hmmmm, maybe that's a little subtle hint as to the eventual outcome of the story.

Originally Posted by Morgana
Excellent story! A great one which gives hope and joy. Well written.
'Hope and Joy'. I don't think any of the readers will believe you at the moment. But they may need reminding that YOU have already read it all the way to the end!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard