Next Thread
Print Thread
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

For those joining the party late here are the links so that you can catch up:

This series consists of the following: The Green Green Glow of Home – Matchmaker Style

Pheromone My Lovely – Matchmaker Style

Honeymoon In Metropolis – Matchmaker Style

All Shook Up – Matchmaker Style

And

Witness- Matchmaker Style

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Again, I think your interpretation of this episode is better than the original. Thanks for a happy chuckle.

Will add to this comment later. wave

So now its time for my additional comments:

Seeing that Cat was back in her normal, ‘Cat’, attire, short, low-cut and skin-tight, Lois asked, “What happened? Salvation Army turn you away?”

Dejectedly, Cat said, “He married an exotic dancer.”

Stunned, Clark blurted out, “Arthur Chow?”

Cat said, “All that itchy, high-necked wool and he marries a woman who can wave hello with her navel.”

Lois quipped, “That's too bad. I had your wedding present all picked out.”

Cat’s interest was piqued. She asked, “You did?”

Lois dropped her bomb, “A set of personalized stationery. 'From the desk of Cat Chow.'”

Not very amused, Cat glared at Lois and slunk away.

This exchange is priceless! rotflol Poor Cat! If she remained true to herself Arthur would have been hers. Hmmmm, I always wondered if the writers on the show thought of Arthur's last name simply to go along with this pun.

She counted, slowly, “One … two … three,” and opened her eyes. When she did she was looking at Clark and he didn’t appear to have moved. She asked, “Okay? What happened?”

He glanced at her desk and she followed his eyes. When she did she gasped and stared at the beautiful bouquet of roses that had been placed on her desk. She picked them up and smiled. Lifting them to her nose she sniffed their fragrant bouquet and said, “You never cease to amaze me, farmboy.”

Ooh! So romantic!

“Actually, you were safer there than outside. Plexiglas is pretty bulletproof so you were out of harm’s way. Romick was climbing up the ladder. A lot of people don’t realize that shooting uphill is more difficult than shooting straight ahead so the higher he went the safer he was. Nicky was in the sword box and with the sides up he couldn’t be seen making him a more difficult target as well. I needed to give her enough rope to hang herself so I kept her thinking I was under her influence as long as she kept talking.”

Clark's explanation makes perfectly good sense. Everyone was in a situation that lowered their chance of being harmed in any way.

Ah, how about an explanation about it being more difficult to shoot straight up? Never heard that one before.

In a dreamy tone she replied, “All I can think of right now is you and what you we’re doing. Kiss me some more.” As she was speaking she was shifting her hips. “Besides, one of these days, we are going to try for twelve.”

He laughed and said, “You’re trying to kill me.”

“Love you to death, maybe.”

LOL!!! Simply the best ending I like this Lois a lot better! thumbsup

Last edited by Morgana; 12/22/14 08:51 AM. Reason: Make corrections to the original and add comments.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by Morgana
Again, I think your interpretation of this episode is better than the original. Thanks for a happy chuckle.

Will add to this comment later. wave

So now its time for my additional comments:

Seeing that Cat was back in her normal, ‘Cat’, attire, short, low-cut and skin-tight, Lois asked, “What happened? Salvation Army turn you away?”

Dejectedly, Cat said, “He married an exotic dancer.”

Stunned, Clark blurted out, “Arthur Chow?”

Cat said, “All that itchy, high-necked wool and he marries a woman who can wave hello with her navel.”

Lois quipped, “That's too bad. I had your wedding present all picked out.”

Cat’s interest was piqued. She asked, “You did?”

Lois dropped her bomb, “A set of personalized stationery. 'From the desk of Cat Chow.'”

Not very amused, Cat glared at Lois and slunk away.

This exchange is priceless! rotflol Poor Cat! If she remained true to herself Arthur would have been hers. Hmmmm, I always wondered if the writers on the show thought of Arthur's last name simply to go along with this pun.

I also enjoyed Cat. It was a shame that she left after season one.

She counted, slowly, “One … two … three,” and opened her eyes. When she did she was looking at Clark and he didn’t appear to have moved. She asked, “Okay? What happened?”

He glanced at her desk and she followed his eyes. When she did she gasped and stared at the beautiful bouquet of roses that had been placed on her desk. She picked them up and smiled. Lifting them to her nose she sniffed their fragrant bouquet and said, “You never cease to amaze me, farmboy.”

Ooh! So romantic!

Of course, she knew that he used super-speed to accomplish the trick, but it is the feeling behind the gesture that counts.

“Actually, you were safer there than outside. Plexiglas is pretty bulletproof so you were out of harm’s way. Romick was climbing up the ladder. A lot of people don’t realize that shooting uphill is more difficult than shooting straight ahead so the higher he went the safer he was. Nicky was in the sword box and with the sides up he couldn’t be seen making him a more difficult target as well. I needed to give her enough rope to hang herself so I kept her thinking I was under her influence as long as she kept talking.”

Clark's explanation makes perfectly good sense. Everyone was in a situation that lowered their chance of being harmed in any way.

Ah, how about an explanation about it being more difficult to shoot straight up? Never heard that one before.

Not being as accurate shooting uphill is mostly psychological. People simply are not used to it. The perspective is off and the target presents a smaller profile.

In a dreamy tone she replied, “All I can think of right now is you and what you we’re doing. Kiss me some more.” As she was speaking she was shifting her hips. “Besides, one of these days, we are going to try for twelve.”

He laughed and said, “You’re trying to kill me.”

“Love you to death, maybe.”

LOL!!! Simply the best ending I like this Lois a lot better! thumbsup

I really enjoy making them romantic because they weren’t that way at all in the show at this point.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard