Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I had always thought that he calls her "Mom", because sometimes he does. Last night, I was rewatching "The Source" and I could have sworn he called her "Mama". Does anyone recall a time when Clark calls Martha anything other than "Mom"? (And I'm not referring to those times when he's dressed in blue tights.)

Just curious. Thanks.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I had thought he sometimes called her, "Ma," but I can't cite sources off the top of my head.

Sorry I can't be more specific,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
I don't think LnC Clark ever calls Martha "Ma." I think that's just the Clark in the Christopher Reeves movies.

This *is* my happily ever after.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I had a few minutes this evening to look at the scripts. The script for ILTY contains the line, "Ma! They're buying and selling Superman on street corners!" I don't know whether the line was changed while filming. (It's getting a bit late for me to break out the DVD to double-check.)

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
I just zipped through ILTY and Dean seems like he say "Mom! They're buying and selling Superman on street corners!" I played it a couple of times but it sure sounded like Mom not Ma.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thanks for checking, Mike.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't thinking of the movie version of Clark, but maybe my mind was crossing the L&C-verse Clark with the Byrnes' comics version of him. huh

Definitely time to rewatch the series. (If only I had time to do so.)

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I don't recall him ever saying "Ma" either, which is why it threw me when I heard him call her "Mama". It seemed so... off. Sorry, I can't remember the scene though. I think it was before Martha and Jonanthan were knocked out by Lois's source.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I had always thought that he calls her "Mom", because sometimes he does. Last night, I was rewatching "The Source" and I could have sworn he called her "Mama". Does anyone recall a time when Clark calls Martha anything other than "Mom"? (And I'm not referring to those times when he's dressed in blue tights.)

Just curious. Thanks.

Had to watch most of the episode but it was at the end when Clark was saying his goodbyes to Jonathan and Martha. In the script it was covered as "The Kent's ad-lib goodbye to Clark and Lois and drift away with the staff, leaving our heroes alone." Clark does call Martha "Mama". Since it was ad-lib with no specific lines to say it just might be the way Dean refers to his Mom so he used it there.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard