Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Comments ... and hopefully no flying snowball tomatoes this time goofy ... go here. smile Final part will go up on Tuesday. Thanks for reading and for your comments!

Kathy

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Kimberly's butting in really got Clark's goat!

Kidding aside, as impossible as it seems, this story keeps getting WAFFier and more fun with each part. While I really want to read the last part, I'm almost not looking forward to it, since I don't want the story to end.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Snuggling by the fire with the lights down low - coming up, I bet. smile

Sounds like a perfect holiday week to me. Playing in the snow. Chasing after farm animals. Hot soup and rolls. Games. Sigh.

I loved Clark's frustration with Kimberly. Hee-hee. clap Totally didn't think of farm animal. The most obvious thing. They were snowed in after all. [Linked Image] Adorable. Lois really got his goat, uh, so to speak, with all his teasing. peep I'm betting that Clark wanted use a burst of super speed after several of those face plants into the snow.

I sure hope Martha has propane gas so that they can cook dinner at least. (Having just electric stove out in the country is pretty pointless because power outages are a common occurrence in the winter.) Or will they roast hotdogs at the fireplace?

Very WAFFy story. Loving it.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I agree with Lynn...I'm really loving this story--and even though I'll probably drop whatever I'm doing the moment I see you've posted (like I've done these last couple of parts blush ) and be thrilled to read the ending, I really hate to see it come to a close. This story has such a lovely, WAFFy, happy feel to it--it's just been so great reading along...

Finally realizing that the beast wasn’t going to hurt her, Lois began to giggle at the absurdity of the situation, especially as she sensed Clark’s growing frustration. “I don’t think she’s going to surrender easily,” she managed to get out. “Do you think she wants to make snow angels with us?”

Moments like this...hillarious. So fun. And Lois' reaction--and her comment about the goat making snow angels with them--I was rotflol right along with her.

And Clark's annoyance at the situation--it added a lot, made everything even funnier wink :

Clark snorted. “Only if we added horns and a pitchfork.” He eyed the animal as it tentatively ventured closer, and he tensed, ready to lunge

How great was this? I really enjoyed how focused on getting rid of Kimberly Clark was here...

“No,” Lois responded, barely able to get out the words. “Because until today, I thought the worst thing a guy could do was call his date by another woman’s name. But you—you—” She struggled to catch her breath, laughter-induced tears rolling down her rosy cheeks. “You just called me by your goat’s name!!”

And best of all, this! I hated Kimberly for her horrible timing, but really, she added some great comic relief notworthy

“Better,” she agreed, the smile clear in her voice as she tightened her arms around his waist. The shiver that suddenly overtook her body, however, told a different story.

Got to love a great make up hug--and again, more fun back-n-forths between them about being cold.

As his favorite distraction left the kitchen...

And even this little bit I totally loved. The little detail--his 'favorite distraction'. GREAT! clap

He smiled reassuringly as he took them from her. “Always.” He couldn’t resist cupping her cheek with his free hand, stroking his thumb lightly across her soft skin. “Stay in here where it’s warm. I’ll be back soon.”

“Are you sure you don’t need any help?”

“I’ll be fine. Don’t worry.” And with a last, longing look, he followed his father out into the snow, slipping on his jacket as he went

I love how Clark totally went for it here...touching her lovingly the way he did. Considering all the times a kiss hasn't worked out, glad he got this in wink. His 'last, longing look' was wonderful WAFF, also. Sighing....

Clark blushed a little as he accompanied his father back to the house. He’d done a quick flyover the area when he’d been surveying the storm damage, grateful that their home seemed to be the only one in town affected by the power outage. It made it that much easier to justify retiring Superman for the evening. As much as he normally enjoyed helping out, tonight, all he wanted was to get back to Lois. Whether or not there would be cuddling … well, he could only hope.

Hoping...Hoping...Hoping. Please? grovel Pleast give us cuddling--oh, and a kiss grovel...

Can't wait for Tuesday!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 12/14/14 08:47 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I totally want to be snowed in, with homemade soup, fresh rolls, and extra rich hot cocoa. And Clark, of course wink

Just loving this story, Kathy, and what fun, waffy time each part is. Even just over the parts of this story, you can see them growing closer as Lois spends more time with the Kents and Clark in his element. I particularly love all the farm touches, because I grew up on a farm, so they remind me of home!

I loved Lois's concern for Clark as he left to go out into the storm. As a Castle fan too (anyone else love that show?), I enjoyed his cup of her cheek on his reply when she asked him to be careful: "Always." He will always be careful, always look out for her, always be there for her, always protect her, always love her. It means so much.

Can't wait for the next part, but so sad that it's finished! Are you sure there's nothing else hiding on your hard drive that you want to pull out and finish? Maybe in the new year? wink

Loving this one, though!

Tracey smile

KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Tracey -- You will love this. I wrote those "Always" scenes before I had ever seen Castle. (I wasn't kidding about this story taking years to finish, LOL.) I'm now a seriously obsessed Caskett fan and when I went back to do a final polish on the story, I did a total double-take over those lines. Cracked myself up! And, of course, it totally works for L&C the same way it works for C&B. love

Kerth
Kerth
The wonderful WAFFiness continues! What a sweet, romantic, Christmas story...feels just right to read this right now. thumbsup Looking forward to some snuggling in front of a cozy fire in the finale. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
That you had me screaming bloody murder last segment and laughing uproariously this one is a testament to this story (and your timing). Love it!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Still adorable. wink

I’m looking forward to seeing how you wrap this up!

KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks so much, all of you, for your great comments. I hope the final part meets your expectations. sloppy

Putting the final chapter up now. smile

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aha! See I knew it wasn't a girl! But imagine my surprise when it turned out to be a goat!

This story is uber waffy! Loving every word! dance

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard