KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Comments ... and flying snowball tomatoes ... go here. wink

Kathy

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What? Wait? Huh? huh Did Clark get amnesia again? Something's not right here. I think Lois needs to hit him over the head with a green encrusted snow shovel!

I know he probably heard someone call or drive up of the road or something but 'ouch!' Oh, Kimberly? That's got to hurt. And you were doing so well with the WAFFiness. The whole scene in the snow was just adorable.

I liked this banter, too:
“Very well, thanks. How about you, though? Is the couch comfortable enough?”

“It’s fine, believe me. In fact, when I was a kid, my parents used to have to force me to sleep in my own bed at Christmas. Between the lights on the tree and the warmth of the fireplace, I would have slept in the living room every night if they’d let me.”

“Oh, now I’m on to you, Kent. You just invited me here so you could sleep downstairs.” Her eyes were twinkling at him as she sat down.

“Darn, you caught on to my nefarious plan,” he agreed good-naturedly. After pouring them each a cup of coffee, he joined her at the table and they began to eat.
So cute! clap Loved it. smile

More please.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What wonderful banter and WAFF! I love every word. (Well, except maybe for the very last one...I'll reserve judgement on that until I read part four.)

Clark grinned mischievously, and sure enough, the next shovel full of snow was tossed in her direction.
On the Lane, snow is glistening! peep wink

“Oh … Kimberly!”

My reaction is similar to Virginia's. Mine is, "Wait. What?!" Is a Kimberly that Clark knows walking through the snow on Main Street? Is he teasing Lois? (I can't imagine that he would choose *this* particular moment for a tease.) Enquiring minds want to know.

Is it time for part four yet? No? How about now? Now's a good time!

Joy,
Lynn

Blogger
Blogger
What a fun read. I love your stories. hyper

Kimberly is part of the conspiracy to keep them from kissing. sloppy
She is probably not even a person. She is some farm animal out in the snow who has diverted Clark's attention from his kissing duties. wallbash

Ann

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois sat up with him, the intense honesty she saw in his gaze both thrilling and humbling. This amazing man, this man she could no longer picture her life without … seemed to be telling her he felt the same way about her. “Oh, Clark …”

He looked breathless and enchanted as she leaned into him, inviting his kiss. “Oh … Kimberly!”

Kimberly. Hmmmm....Kimberly. Kimberly??? Yeah...what??? You threw me off a little here. After reading last night, still this morning, trying to figure out who 'Kimberly' is. Like what was mentioned, I can see it being a farm animal type of interuption. Cow get out? Horse? Pig? (But then again, I'm not even sure if the Kent's raise livestock. I always pictured them farming fields of corn/beans--but never really went farther than that in my mind smile ).

But regardless...they are just loving their time together, and in each part seem to be drawing closer and closer to that kiss we are all waiting for wink...

“Sleigh bells ring, are you listening? In the lane, snow is glistening. A beautiful sight; we’re happy tonight. Walking in a winter wonderland.”

I really enjoyed the song dispersed throughout the first part of the story. Infusing the title of your story like you did. It added a nice, cozy feel...Clark waking to the sound of Lois happily singing a Christmas carol. Him loving hearing her. Great details thumbsup

It wasn’t that hard to figure out why. In the year and a half since he’d met Lois, he’d become used to wanting to be wherever she was. For most of his life, home had been a house in Smallville, and more recently, an apartment in Metropolis. But there was no longer any point in denying it – home for him was now always going to be wherever Lois Lane was at the moment. He only hoped that he’d be able to tell her that someday.

Awww. Seriously, this gave me a big dopey grin all over my face--that lasted till the end of the story. It's so sweet. Wonderfully written. I just love how much and how hard Clark falls for her...and how he knows how 'connected' they really are.

Oh, I will,” Lois laughed as she pulled from Martha’s arms and spun over to Clark’s chair. She patted his cheeks playfully with her mitten-covered hands. “See, told you I’d be plenty warm,” she teased. “Let me get ready and I’ll meet you outside.” And with that, she picked up her gift box and scampered out of the room.

Clark laughed as he watched her head up the stairs, then set about clearing the table. “That was really nice of you, Mom. I didn’t know you were making her something.”

So sweet of Martha. I really want to learn how to knit--what a great present to give someone. I think Lois was really touched, and I think it thrilled Clark that his mother had put all the thought, all the effort, into a gift for the woman he loves smile.

Martha’s eyes were twinkling at him as he shrugged into his coat and pulled on his boots. “You two seem to be getting along well. Are you glad you invited her?”

Clark didn’t even try to keep the smile off his face as he thought about their time together so far, and he shot his mother a wink as he headed out the back door. “That, Mom, is a gigantic understatement.”

clap clap clap I LOVED this part. Clark's reply back to his mom had so much personality. It was just perfectly placed!

Clark chuckled as the snow hit the back of his jacket and gave her a calculating look, but the next shovel of snow landed on top of the growing pile off to the side, exactly where it belonged. As did the next two after that.

Watching him speculatively, Lois formed another snowball and tossed it at him, this time hitting him in the arm. She could see him fighting a smile, but he continued to ignore her, seemingly intent on shoveling the remainder of the path.

“Not a snowball fight fan, huh?” she finally asked, keeping her eye on him in case of any sneak attacks.

“Oh, it just wouldn’t be a fair fight,” he replied breezily. “It’s like throwing a water balloon at the person holding the hose. I’d never take advantage of you like that.”

This was so fun. And another great comment by Clark here at the end. Had me rotflol. Such a great atmosphere. I'm loving this story!

“Yeah,” she said softly. “I am. I guess I found my own Christmas, after all … I just needed to find the right person to share it with.”

“Oh, Lois,” he breathed, looking into her eyes.

She fought to keep her mouth from twitching as she turned away from him. “Yeah, Martha’s been great … she said I can come back whenever I want. Turns out your parents don’t really care whether you visit, but they really want me—” Her words ended in a gleeful shriek as Clark grabbed her around the waist and twirled her around.

Love how you combined some lovely WAFF with some hillarious teasing here. Lois has such a great comeback!

After a long moment, Clark turned his head to look at her. “You’re my person, you know,” he said quietly.

Still on her back, she turned her head towards him. “Your person?”

“The one who made this Christmas special. The one … I wanted to share it with.”

The quiet assurance in his voice took her breath away. “Wow,” she whispered.

He sat up and moved closer, kneeling in the snow beside her. “It’s OK … you don’t have to say anything. I just wanted you to know."

The wordage 'You're my person..' 'You're person?'. I really enjoyed how you put this. It was such a creative way for him to start to tell her how she is 'the one'. And she totally gets what he means. I really adore this moment between them, out there in the snow, the day after spending Christmas together.

And then 'Kimberly' had to show up (LOL--whoever Kimberly is...? peep )

Can't wait for more!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Since I sense a theme, I'll let Laura speak for you all ...
Kimberly. Hmmmm....Kimberly. Kimberly??? Yeah...what???
Shocking spoiler: That's pretty much going to be Lois's reaction. wink

Glad you're still enjoying the story. Part 4 going up in a few minutes. Hopefully you will enjoy that one too. smile

Thanks for reading and for your comments!

Kathy

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
KathyB:

As usual, I'm late to the party! So let me add my two cents worth of happy comments.

With a curious look, Lois tore off the red paper, and then pulled the lid off the box to reveal a cream colored wool scarf. “Oh,” she gasped. “It’s beautiful!”

“Keep going; there’s more.”

Indeed, under the scarf was a matching hat and pair of mittens. Lois immediately wrapped the scarf around her neck and put the mittens on her hands with a happy laugh. “They’re wonderful! And so soft! Thank you.”

“Everything is made from merino wool, so it should keep you warm, even in eighteen inches of snow. I finished them last month and put them away for safe keeping.” Martha laughed. “I guess I kept them too safe.”

As a knitter it was thrilling to read about the fruits of Martha's labors. She really is cool! Lois' reaction is on point as well, folks are touched when they receive a warm, handmade scarf. dance

Lois smiled as she noticed Clark working on the far end of the path, his shovel lifting the snow off the ground before tossing it to one side. He’d clearly been busy in the time it had taken her to get dressed – she could have sworn that it hadn’t taken her more than ten minutes to brush her teeth and add a pair of long underwear under her jeans, but the long walkway between the house and the barn was nearly clear.

Having super strength helps a lot when shoveling snow!

“Oh … Kimberly!”

What! He better have a good excuse for calling her that. help Lois' middle name is Joanne. Maybe there is a cow wandering around the field and needs a little assistance? On to the next part!

Oh yeah, no flying tomatoes!!! smile1

Last edited by Morgana; 12/19/14 07:08 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard