Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
/me waves to the fandom. wave Hi, remember me? smile

As my author's note at the beginning of the story indicates, this story was a long time coming, but I hope that it ends up being worth the wait.

There are five chapters and I hope to post every 2-3 days, which will have the full story posted before Christmas. I hope you all enjoy it! I'd love to know what you think. smile

Kathy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Haha, I love how you started your comment thread. I think I might have to do the same! Remember me?

I love your writing, Kathy, always have, always will. So I'm completely excited for a Christmas L&C story. The fundraiser for the boards got me thinking about Lois and Clark a little more, too, so I've been checking the boards more here lately. I'm so glad I checked tonight!

You've set the scene wonderfully, and I loved seeing Clark waking up on Christmas morning with his parents... though Lois is never far from his mind. This is my favorite time for them - that more-than-partners/more-than-friends, but not yet in a romantic relationship . So fun!

I can't wait to see what kind of adventures/romance/Christmas fun they get into while they are together in Smallville. You've got me feeling the love already!

So looking forward to the next part! (It's going to feel like I'm in college again - I'm going to be checking the boards constantly hoping you'll post again!)

Tracey smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwww. What a wonderful beginning. I especially like the jingle bells scene at the start. lol You had me totally fooled there for a second. clap

I've always wondered what happened after the camera panned away and Lois and Clark shared their feast together. Thank you for answering that question for me. There were plenty of times Lois could have caught Clark in an oppsy moment in their conversation. I wonder if she'll ask him HOW Superman owed him a favor. Hmmmm. Looking forward to the next part.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Remember you??!! How could I forget?! Hey, anyone new to the fandom, please run to the Archive and stroll through Kathy's award winning stories. Then squee joyously that she has come back to post a new one here! clap

And it's a WAFFY Christmas story, too! Sighhhhhh... love Great opening line - immediately pulled me into the time and place.

All she’d managed to do so far was focus on one thing, or should she say, one person. One very handsome, sweet, amazing person. And unlike the usual object of her affection, this one didn’t fly around in a brightly colored cape.

Awwwwww! So sweet. smile Her reasons for working on Christmas brought me right back to that place in the timeline where this story is set. And love that she's still thinking about him so fondly the day after that amazing dinner.

Her voice was beginning to match his, low and flirty, but Lois just couldn’t find it in herself to stop.

And details like this zing with delight in their betrayal of those thoughts. grin

I love that you can see Clark's hesitate every time he has to not quite tell the whole truth when he's referencing Superman. Hmmmmm....Smallville at Christmas, in front of a cozy fire with the snow falling outside...a revelation might make for a nice present... grin

Very much looking forward to this story! thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What a wonderful, WAFFy start to the story. I'm looking forward to reading the rest. I'm glad you dusted off and finished it.

Joy,
Lynn

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Squee!! This is pretty cute. I like Superman's response to Lois at the end, and I like when Clark slipped up and said he'd see her at 6:30. His drawn-out breath there was cute. I could picture the look on his face, either trying to remind himself not to slip up while she's in Smallville, or debating telling her.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Starting the story in Smallville had me hooked! Could smell the cinnamon rolls as they came out the oven, hot and fresh. Pure waffy!

This story has such a lot of potential! Can hardly wait for the next installment. Oh yes! Welcome back!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well I'm hooked smile...Such a great beginning, such a wonderful feel to the story. I really am excited to see where you take us as Lois and Clark begin the rest of their holiday together.

This is such a magical time in their relationship. They are really close friends at this point, fully connected in a working partnership sense, Clark's been in love with her forever...and Lois--this is totally when she starts to 'see' Clark--as someone so important in her life, someone she really needs, and somone she's starting to fall for. I just love when it all starts to click and she lets 'them' begin.

Really excited to see where you take us--so glad that you are posting smile
Laura

Oh...by the way. The flirty talking on the phone...you nailed it. Had to read through it multiple times--it was SO wonderfully fun! clap clap clap. The beginning of a lot of greatness to come...hyper

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 12/09/14 04:03 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Glad to see you back, KathyB! Sounds great. I'm going to wait until it is finished and take it on vacay on my reader.
Merry Christmas wishes.
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks, all, for your great responses. I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

Tracey:
(It's going to feel like I'm in college again - I'm going to be checking the boards constantly hoping you'll post again!)
LOL, I know what you mean! The heyday of the fandom was such an amazing time for all of us, and it's so fun to be compulsively checking the boards for comments again. clap

Virginia:
I especially like the jingle bells scene at the start. lol You had me totally fooled there for a second.
dance Is it bad form to admit that I cracked myself up with that opening sequence? So glad it worked!

Groobie:
Remember you??!! How could I forget?!
Haha, you are my new best friend! Thanks for the awesome compliments.

Laura:
The flirty talking on the phone...you nailed it. Had to read through it multiple times--it was SO wonderfully fun!
Yay! I've got a big grin on my face right now. And yes, this is my favorite time to set fanfics, too - such a magical time for them, on the cusp of so much more. smile1

Lynn, MrsM, and Morgana: Thanks so much! I hope you keep enjoying it.

Artemis: My hope is to get the full file to the Archive before Christmas, but if you're leaving before it goes up, let me know and I'll shoot you my Word file. smile

Next chapter, going up now. smile

Last edited by KathyB; 12/09/14 04:46 PM.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard