Next Thread
Print Thread
#259748 12/03/14 11:19 AM
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Comments are love without all that personal contact ickiness.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Comments are love without all that personal contact ickiness.

Kind of like what Lois is attempting to do with Clark here huh evil ??

Will be interested in which moments you choose to reflect on. If, as you said in previous FDK, that Lois's emotional approach to Clark was a metaphor for the entire then I wonder how you will handle them in plot points where they are together. Of course you could get them together (ATAI), pull them apart (Contact) which would re-enforce Lois's current belief that it is better for them to be apart, get them back together, pull them back apart (BGDF), put them back together, pull them back apart (INPY through OW), etc. You explain you are going well beyond the end of the series so it could go anywhere, marriage, divorce, re-marriage, etc.

The story is following the path I anticipated originally but I suspect you have other tricks up your sleeve for us shortly. Ready for the Clark counter-attack!!

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Oh boy! The triangle built for three is back on Big Time!

As a woman I can understand Lois reasonings - for about three minutes - after that it gets all wet. Trust Perry to put everything into perspective. Anything can happen to these two people. They could face death by dynamite or live to a ripe old age. The trick enjoying the voyage with someone worth loving.

Wake up Lois, Clark is that man.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It sounds as if Lois's logic need a hot passionate kiss to knock it right out of her. Hmmmm. Let's hope Dan doesn't show up to make Clark's life worse. I thought Clark was going to give Lois some space and then restart their friendship, but now it looks as if he took her panicked words to heart.

Don't know what Clark's thinking by bringing back Superman into their relationship. For a second there, I thought he was going to confess all to her.

So, in this universe, Superman didn't go dancing with Lois after the Kerth Awards, or get offered a rose after the Intergang... er... CostMart Ball? He's really truly been trying to have Clark be all for Lois and that just backfired on him.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
I loved Perry's inspirational pep talk. smile It's always sweet when he's in fatherly-mode with Lois. I agree with Virginia...Clark is crazy to get Superman involved in the mix, but I'm guessing we'll see Clark's point of view in the next part, so we can come to understand just why he's making that boneheaded decision.

/me hugs Lois for loving Clark so much, then smacks her upside the head for what's she's chosen to do about it grin

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Hi, y'all! Thanks for the insightful comments. This tale, however, isn't following the canon order of events, as you will see when you read the next chapter - which will be up soon.

Mike, I suspect that this isn't the path you anticipated. We'll see more of the direction in the chapter after this one.

Morgana and Groobie, I'm glad you liked Perry's pep talk. RAFO if it helped Lois at all.

Virginia, I'm not about to bring in Dan. And remember that just because I don't mention an event doesn't mean it didn't happen. It probably didn't happen as in the series, that's all.

New chapter up in moments.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard