Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#259657 11/29/14 04:23 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I cannot stop putting this out everywhere. I can't keep the excitement inside of me.

J.J. Abrams gave us the best thing for free on Black Friday -- Episode 7, The Force Awakens

The trailer is out!!! Arashjsahdskjf Freaking out. You know I obsess over a lot of things (Lois and Clark being top of the list). But if there is ONE THING that I had to choose above all else, one thing that I have obsessed with for all of my life, it's Star Wars. (And Disney. But mostly Star Wars. I've got like WAY too many lightsabers.)

At this point I don't even care if they do a sucky job on the films themselves I'm just in it for the ride. (Though I'm also hoping they don't suck, but that's a side point.)

Last edited by Mouserocks; 11/29/14 04:25 AM. Reason: Wrong Link, the excitement got to be too much for me and I overenthusiastically copy/pasted

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Top Banana
Top Banana
I had a science professor who was such a big fan of Star Wars that he used examples from Star Wars in his lessons. He even referred to the asteroid that caused the extinction of the dinosaurs as a "Death Star."

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image]

I had a science professor who was such a big fan of Star Wars that he used examples from Star Wars in his lessons. He even referred to the asteroid that caused the extinction of the dinosaurs as a "Death Star."
OBI WAN: That's no moon. It's an asteroid!

*SCNR*

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth

rotflol That was my World History AP teacher. He had Star Wars posters everywhere-- an inspirational Yoda one, and a really awesome painting his sister had done of Darth Vader. He'd work into conversation quite often for a history teacher. goofy Incidentally, he was one of my favorite teachers.

Last edited by Mouserocks; 11/29/14 03:39 PM.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I was waaaaaay into Star Wars before Episode 1 came out and ruined everything. Since then, I've been a luke-warm fan. I just can't bring myself to be into it any more. Against my better judgement, though, that trailer got my hopes up. It looks awesome. I'm still wary because I've been burnt before, but at least Disney and JJ Abrams have good track records. I'm trying and failing to be not excited.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
I was waaaaaay into Star Wars before Episode 1 came out and ruined everything. Since then, I've been a luke-warm fan. I just can't bring myself to be into it any more. Against my better judgement, though, that trailer got my hopes up. It looks awesome. I'm still wary because I've been burnt before, but at least Disney and JJ Abrams have good track records. I'm trying and failing to be not excited.
Like with all the debate about the upcoming Batman / Superman movie, I'm trying not to read any of what's announced (guessed at) online, because I want to see it with as little bias as possible. The EVERY DAY announcements on these movies (and the upcoming Marvel ones) feel like PR machine overkill, trying to keep their films in everyone's mind. I'm finding it quite annoying. I agree with you, Mrs. M., the new movies aren't worth watching. I let my kids see the "Clone Wars" cartoon show, but refuse to let them see Episodes 1-3 (or even the CGI'd edit of Episodes 4-6). They love the original Star Wars movies, so why crush their hearts? (BTW: My son was absolutely adorable as Luke this year for Halloween.)

Does anyone remember back in the day when movies used to come out and they were a surprise? Then they stayed in the theatre for 6-8 months because people would go back again and again to see them? Sigh. Although, now that I can hardly afford to go to the cinema but twice a year, it's nice that movies come out on DVD much more quickly than they used to onto VHS. LOL.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Trailer #2

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Honestly, I think this one completely owned the first trailer. I mean, Star Destroyer in the desert. *Super* Star Destroyer on its backside, also in the desert. Luke. Possibly Leia. Chewie. Han. R2. Force Theme. Downed X-Wing. Smiling Stormtroopers at a convention. Lot's of awesome!

Right now, I'm feeling like Clark does after spending a weekend with Lois in one of Sue's stories blush

WRONG CLARK: like a nervous wreck?

ER: Wrong author
wink

thud Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Trailer #2

Honestly, I think this one completely owned the first trailer. I mean, Star Destroyer in the desert. *Super* Star Destroyer on its backside, also in the desert. Luke. Possibly Leia. Chewie. Han. R2. Force Theme. Downed X-Wing. Smiling Stormtroopers at a convention. Lot's of awesome!
I agree the new trailer looks good. I'm excited by the prospect that Leia and Han's daughter might be a Jedi, kicking some Empire butt. My husband totally didn't see that in the trailer. He thought Luke was talking to HIS child, not his niece. I'm staying hopeful though.

My son said "Han got old." (Sorry, Harrison, but kids are blunt.)
I replied, "Chewie didn't."
My hubby said, "He's a little fuller."
Poor Wookies. They get fluffier with age. peep

My son was excited by the man in black with the metal hand touching the R2D2. He's hoping it means that Darth is back (he's a big fan). We reminded him that Luke also has a metal hand (lost it in Empire).

By this time my daughter was screaming, because she hasn't seen the trailer yet. She hates feeling left out. We'll have to show it to her after school.

Right now, I'm feeling like Clark does after spending a weekend with Lois in one of Sue's stories blush
You mean flying loop-de-loops? Me, too!

WRONG CLARK: like a nervous wreck?

ER: Wrong author
Perhaps it's been too long since you've read Second Honeymoon. wink Clark's a nervous wreck in that one too.

I'm excited by the part that reads: THIS Christmas! hyper Only 8 short (or extremely long) months away!

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Official poster got revealed!
http://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...irst-look-in-theater-exclusives-and-more
[Linked Image]

And tomorrow evening the full trailer will hit! hyper

wave Michael

PS: And no, that's not a moon...

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just 4 more days!
hyper dance

wave Michael

PS: Random thought after having just finished rewatching the PT and the OT: What if the Death Star took out Krypton? What if Leia was Zara and Luke Kal-El? And Han Lois? Hey, they've now got a female hero wielding a giant staff like it's a two-bladed lightsaber, could also have a female smuggler captain, right?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
PS: Random thought after having just finished rewatching the PT and the OT: What if the Death Star took out Krypton? What if Leia was Zara and Luke Kal-El? And Han Lois? Hey, they've now got a female hero wielding a giant staff like it's a two-bladed lightsaber, could also have a female smuggler captain, right?
You sound like just the person to write this crossover, Michael. What a wonderful gift that would be for 2016!

evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image]

My Xmas holiday's already booked solid like Jar Jar's funeral party. And no, there's only two visits to the cinema scheduled in those two weeks. The rest is...well...work-related huh And this sounds like more than a vignette wallbash And I haven't really thought more detailed about this than what a wrote. /plugs fingers into ears and goes 'lalalalalala'/ What? Noooo! Go away, Santa. That's not a *present*! That's a bunny. I can't take care of another bunny. Plus, they *multiply* like Lois and Clark if left to their own devices. Shoo! Shoo!

peep Michael

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
[Linked Image]

My Xmas holiday's already booked solid like Jar Jar's funeral party. And no, there's only two visits to the cinema scheduled in those two weeks.

Obviously Star Wars 7 (I wish I could go, but they haven't finished building the new cinema here and the old one closed down....) and what's the other movie if you don't mind my asking?

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 12/15/15 10:55 PM.
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Darth Michael, have you heard? A script for Star Wars 9 leaked!! It's just three hours of Jar Jar dressed in nothing but a speedo talking to the camera about midichlorians and the newly revealed fact from episode 8 that he is Anakin's father.

I'm sorry, was that too cruel?

Seriously though, I love Star Wars. I just hope the new movies aren't prequel bad.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Suggs!
and what's the other movie if you don't mind my asking?
Well...Star Wars 7, obviously wink The hidden joke being, that I'm not going to spend the *entire* holidays in the cinema, watching Star Wars.

Darth Michael, have you heard? A script for Star Wars 9 leaked!! It's just three hours of Jar Jar dressed in nothing but a speedo talking to the camera about midichlorians and the newly revealed fact from episode 8 that he is Anakin's father.
shock help thud

wave Michael

Top Banana
Top Banana
One of the students at my school is so excited about the new Star Wars movie that he watches the trailer every day at lunch. He's also checked out all the Star Wars novels and graphic novels that the library has, and excitedly talked about the lightsaber he made at Disneyland ("just like a 5-year-old," in his words). Today, he and a couple of other kids were playing Star Wars in the library and knocked over a bunch of Christmas decorations. When I made them stop and pick things up, one of them called me a Sith. (I responded by laughing evilly.)

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted by Annie B.
One of the students at my school is so excited about the new Star Wars movie that he watches the trailer every day at lunch. He's also checked out all the Star Wars novels and graphic novels that the library has, and excitedly talked about the lightsaber he made at Disneyland ("just like a 5-year-old," in his words). Today, he and a couple of other kids were playing Star Wars in the library and knocked over a bunch of Christmas decorations. When I made them stop and pick things up, one of them called me a Sith. (I responded by laughing evilly.)

Could have been worse. They could have called you Jar-Jar.

#267975 12/16/15 11:26 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Suggs_With_A_Box
Originally Posted by Annie B.

Could have been worse. They could have called you Jar-Jar.

Sith was a compliment. (Mwa-ha-ha.) Jar-Jar would just be weird.

Darth Vader's Resume

Kerth
Kerth
And for anyone who is wondering if Mark Hammil will appear

The Emperor voiced by Mark Hamill's Joker:

Long but fun.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yub Yub!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard