Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
I need to talk with Caskett fans that are also LnC fans about the most recent finale. smile1

[Adding spoiler warning to header just in case - LabRat ]

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I raise my hand. I just saw the finale. Hubby and I analyzed the heck out of the ep.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
I loved how the proposal happened just as the episode ended. It reminded me so much of the LnC season finale of Season 2 (only in the proposal cliffie).

CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I see it as Marlowe using the finale to rile up the fan base so everyone will be talking about it all during the off season.

The number of fanfics that have come out in the last few days since the episode (and even before) is incredible.

Marlowe cleverly left things open for a lot of interpetations coming back. Kate was offered the job, but we don't know her answer. Castle proposes but doesn't exactly project an enthusiastic attitude. Lots of room for fighting coming back.

The fans were told that Castle and Beckett wouldn't be breaking up, but there will be some 'bumps' along the way.

Tank (who isn't saying that Kate (Stana) needs to go back to a short hairstyle, but the producers definately need to dial back the current length... too many buns, and ponytails)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I didn't like the (apparent) reasons for the proposal. Castle seems to want to bind Beckett to him no matter what she chooses in regards to the job offer. It's kind of sweet but at the same time a little suffocating. He's putting her under even more pressure and they still haven't talked about where they stand in their relationship. Complicated as always.

I'm looking forward to next season (already confirmed!) to see how Marlowe plays this one out. I haven't been disappointed in the ride so far. smile

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
Kerth
Kerth
His timing is rotten, I suspect that she will not be happy.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
They also seem to confuse writing for a TV show and writing as a novelist. He certainly can afford a second home even at DC prices and if he goes to the publishers once a month that is about 4-5 times as often as most writers see the publisher in person.

C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Considering how much I expect he's paying for the NY apartment, it's very likely he could afford it. I hadn't thought about how his timing was but if you think about it, that's not much different from out other favorite couple (proposing BEFORE the secret anyone?)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It's been a while since the last message but I thought it made more sense to resurrect this topic rather than open a new one.

The thing is: I just saw last night's Castle and I really needed to get this out of my system . Major spoiler ahead!

Was it me or that wedding was a lot like the one on L&C? I've always thought there were many similarities between both shows, but this time it felt extreme. How Castle tells Kate to just marry him right then, the cliff, the sunset,...

C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
I'm WAY behind on this show these days (having to get the 2yo to bed by 9 is difficult, not falling asleep in the process is impossible these days!) so I'll have to squeeze with you guys in a week or so. frown

Kerth
Kerth
I said that exact same thing to my husband as I was watching it!!! Homage or blatant rip off?

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I haven't seen the episode yet--moving literally out of our house as I type this (and the tvs were packed yesterday during the day...Argh! wink )--but I saw the ads for this episode, and just even from the advertisements I was thinking the same.

No wonder we are liking Castle, huh? smile

Must-Catch-Up-On-Castle!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
s

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

p

a

c

e

The whole season so far has reminded me very much of the amnesia and delayed wedding plots from L&C - next episode someone will probably abandon a baby outside Castle's door...

Yes, the whole amnesia plot this season

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A better explanation for the amnesia however.

Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by Marcus Rowland
The whole season so far has reminded me very much of the amnesia and delayed wedding plots from L&C - next episode someone will probably abandon a baby outside Castle's door...

Haha, um, they kind of already did that in "The Good, the Bad, and the Baby" ... :P

First time back in a couple weeks, happy to find this thread! Just watched last night's episode and was excited, but a little disappointed in some ways. It did feel a *LOT* like LnC to me (which is what prompted me to hop back on over here) and I didn't mind that, I just was hoping to see a little bit more. Felt like they squeezed it in last second.

But I can't wait for next week's ep! laugh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Top Banana
Top Banana
Speaking of next week's episode. The thing looks a lot like Castle does SoulMates with the Old West theme and them dressing up and Kate letting go with the pistol.

I personally did not like the fact that they had the BIG wedding planned and then this time the groom did not show up and was missing, when they get him back he has amnesia and while he knew everyone, they then have this episode where everyone does not know him (the reverse of Forget Me Not), then the decision to have a hasty wedding that everyone has pointed out looks just like it came from the L&C REAL wedding. I am beginning to get annoyed as they are playing us just like L&C did the last of Season 3 and beginning of Season 4. Back and forth, wedding, no wedding, wedding. What next? I know Castle or Beckett will get framed for murder and get sentenced to death. No there must be clones, this is not the real Richard Castle!! As Mouse said they have already done Family Hour...

One of my problems with TV is the total lack of imagination and innovation but this seems to be taking it to the extreme. The show is very good when they have a case to work on but the relationship approach seems so much like a clone (there's that word again) of the L&C series.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I've often wondered it I like it for the show itself or because it reminds me of L&C. I like the characters, I like the chemistry but then come times like yesterday watching the wedding... And the thing is I actually liked that it caught me by surprise; I don't know if the promos hinted at it, but I'm not too curious for them and TV in Spain is a few weeks behind on every show (it used to be over a year behind in times of L&C (!) when there was no other option but TV to watch a show) so avoiding promos is fairly easy. But still, it wasn't quite enough. I kept thinking how fake the sunset looked and how there was something not quite right, just like with L&C. And how much like the actual L&C wedding it was. I wondered for a moment if they might share writers, but then thought that no writer would copy himself so blatantly, right?

So overall I guess mixed feelings. I hated the end of last season and I've hated the games, but I thought the first two episodes of the season were pretty solid -and I felt last season had only a handful of truly, solid, well constructed episodes-.

Cris
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Both Hubby and myself like Castle because it is a detective show and one without much blood. We've also read the books, including Derrick Storm. We are not into Supernatural, Vampires, Blood Suckers of any ilk. I'm doing Flash, Arrow and Doctor Who, but hubby is not. We're still loyal to NCIS in all its incarnations because that is our past. So yay Castle.
cool
Artemis

Last edited by Artemis; 11/13/14 12:27 PM.

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cristina is right! This is so familiar to LnC's wedding. Right down to only having immediate family members. Javi, Lanie, Kevin and Jennie were left out completely.
razz

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Huge Castle fan over here. I got into it after season 4 had aired, but then basically marathon-ed the whole series in about a week. I have developed what I believe to be a healthy obsession with it ever since; fanfiction and tumblr blogging, mostly. If anyone is looking for Castle FF recs, I can offer up a metric tonne that could satisfy.

As I rewatch L&C after nearly a decade away (as evidenced by the last time I posted on these MBs), I'm reminded why I love this show and it's fairly clear to me why Castle appeals to me as well. A lot of similarities in their dynamic and emotional chemistry, if nothing else, to KB and RC. So glad to see that L&C's community is still active and fics are still being written while the favourites of my day are still available to read! (Reading Wendymr's Poison if anyone is interested in reading a classic!)

So glad to be back!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard