Next Thread
Print Thread
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here.

For those joining the party late here are the links so that you can catch up:

This series consists of the following: The Green Green Glow of Home – Matchmaker Style

Pheromone My Lovely – Matchmaker Style

Honeymoon In Metropolis – Matchmaker Style

All Shook Up – Matchmaker Style

And

Witness- Matchmaker Style

Last edited by KenJ; 11/18/14 11:55 AM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ken,

I loved the ending where Clark was telling Lois about how his parents viewed her.

Later, back in Metropolis, Lois and Clark were discussing their time in Smallville with his parents.

“Clark, I really love your mother. The more I get to know her, the more special I see that she is. I can see how you turned out the way you are. They have to be the best parents in the world.”

“I don’t think I need to tell you that they think a lot of you too. Dad loves you like a daughter, the daughter that they never had before. They have always told me that I was an answer to their prayers for a child, well, you are the answer to their desire for a daughter.”

“I’m glad that things have worked out this way. I’d hate it if they didn’t like me or if they were like my parents. I couldn’t bear that. I’m glad we can visit them on the spur of the moment that way. We couldn’t do that with my family.”

“You want to know a secret?”

“You know I always do.”

“When Mom called us when we were at the Lexor, she wasn’t calling me. She wanted to talk to her favorite daughter.”

Clark didn’t need his super vision to detect the tear that formed at the corner of Lois’s eye and he was sure that it wasn’t a tear of sadness either.

This theme is to me one of the richest undercurrent plot strategies of the series. Lois thought she would never find love and certainly not unconditional love. That if seemed like she had then that person would betray her. It may have seemed as though the Lex Luthor fiasco and the Scardino arc were just devices to get her to Clark eventually (or keep them apart as long as possible - the more likely scenario) it was in my opinion an effort by Lois to hook up with someone she did not truly love and hence not get hurt when it did not work out. The series was really about her learning to trust her feelings and finally acknowledging her feelings for Clark and while not explored as much in the series there have been many FanFics that explored her relationship with Jonathan and Martha in much more depth. I suspect/hope if there had been a fifth season that might have been more deeply explored in the series.

I love the idea that Herb short circuited all that stuff and by planting the memories in Lois of the end result and as a result got her past all of those pitfalls/problems. It is one of the reasons I look forward to Tuesdays and Fridays each week and will be a bit down when you reach the end of Season 1.

Still wondering how you do the "House of Luthor" with Lois and Clark being married...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by Mike M
Ken,

I loved the ending where Clark was telling Lois about how his parents viewed her.

Later, back in Metropolis, Lois and Clark were discussing their time in Smallville with his parents.

“Clark, I really love your mother. The more I get to know her, the more special I see that she is. I can see how you turned out the way you are. They have to be the best parents in the world.”

“I don’t think I need to tell you that they think a lot of you too. Dad loves you like a daughter, the daughter that they never had before. They have always told me that I was an answer to their prayers for a child, well, you are the answer to their desire for a daughter.”

“I’m glad that things have worked out this way. I’d hate it if they didn’t like me or if they were like my parents. I couldn’t bear that. I’m glad we can visit them on the spur of the moment that way. We couldn’t do that with my family.”

“You know I always do.”

“When Mom called us when we were at the Lexor, she wasn’t calling me. She wanted to talk to her favorite daughter.”

Clark didn’t need his super vision to detect the tear that formed at the corner of Lois’s eye and he was sure that it wasn’t a tear of sadness either.

This theme is to me one of the richest undercurrent plot strategies of the series. Lois thought she would never find love and certainly not unconditional love. That if seemed like she had then that person would betray her. It may have seemed as though the Lex Luthor fiasco and the Scardino arc were just devices to get her to Clark eventually (or keep them apart as long as possible - the more likely scenario) it was in my opinion an effort by Lois to hook up with someone she did not truly love and hence not get hurt when it did not work out. The series was really about her learning to trust her feelings and finally acknowledging her feelings for Clark and while not explored as much in the series there have been many FanFics that explored her relationship with Jonathan and Martha in much more depth. I suspect/hope if there had been a fifth season that might have been more deeply explored in the series.

I love the idea that Herb short circuited all that stuff and by planting the memories in Lois of the end result and as a result got her past all of those pitfalls/problems. It is one of the reasons I look forward to Tuesdays and Fridays each week and will be a bit down when you reach the end of Season 1.

Still wondering how you do the "House of Luthor" with Lois and Clark being married...

Mike

I am so pleased that you like this aspect of these stories. In the last season we saw the relationship developing between Lois and Clark's parents. It needed to start developing as soon as they were married, so I am treating this series just that way. there will be additional examples as the series progresses.

Last edited by KenJ; 11/22/14 07:25 PM.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh boy, lots of reading to do tonight!

Early on Sunday morning, Clark had heard an emergency call for Superman from Milwaukee over the radio. They were both up and Clark had just finished making breakfast. He ate his breakfast at super speed and Lois told him that she wanted to catch the Sunday morning talk shows, had some correspondence to catch up on and that he could stick around after the incident to hold a press conference if he felt there was a need. He gave her a kiss and spinning into his Suit moved through the bedroom to the balcony and left.

Would Clark have taken time - even at super speed - to eat breakfast? After all this was supposed to be an emergency announcement over the radio.

Lois smiled and stepped into the hug which she returned with as much fervor as it was delivered. Lois reveled in the feeling of unconditional love that she received from both of Clark’s parents. They didn’t judge her for how she had been when they first laid eyes on her. She still quailed at the thought of the gaffs she had made at that first meeting, saying that she thought that Jonathan could be a cross dresser of all things. She tightened her hug slightly at that thought.

Who couldn't love Martha and Jonathan?

“That’s great! Maybe she can give Lois a cooking lesson while she’s at it.”

“Is Lois serious about learning to cook?”

Yes! Everyone should know how to cook! So glad Lois is deciding to take up the challenge. It really isn't that hard.

“You know I always do.”

Welcome to the Kent family Lois. sloppy

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by Morgana
Oh boy, lots of reading to do tonight!

Early on Sunday morning, Clark had heard an emergency call for Superman from Milwaukee over the radio. They were both up and Clark had just finished making breakfast. He ate his breakfast at super speed and Lois told him that she wanted to catch the Sunday morning talk shows, had some correspondence to catch up on and that he could stick around after the incident to hold a press conference if he felt there was a need. He gave her a kiss and spinning into his Suit moved through the bedroom to the balcony and left.

Would Clark have taken time - even at super speed - to eat breakfast? After all this was supposed to be an emergency announcement over the radio.

Lois smiled and stepped into the hug which she returned with as much fervor as it was delivered. Lois reveled in the feeling of unconditional love that she received from both of Clark’s parents. They didn’t judge her for how she had been when they first laid eyes on her. She still quailed at the thought of the gaffs she had made at that first meeting, saying that she thought that Jonathan could be a cross dresser of all things. She tightened her hug slightly at that thought.

Who couldn't love Martha and Jonathan?

“That’s great! Maybe she can give Lois a cooking lesson while she’s at it.”

“Is Lois serious about learning to cook?”

Yes! Everyone should know how to cook! So glad Lois is deciding to take up the challenge. It really isn't that hard.

“You know I always do.”

Welcome to the Kent family Lois. sloppy

This is one of the major changes that this series has taken. A more tender Lois, learning to love and be loved.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard