Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Kerth
Kerth
I'm working on an anti-universe right now, so a lot of my songs are a bit less on the "happy" side right now... But they will work for Lex! laugh

Purple Yellow Red and Blue

Up in the Air (works really well for my anti-Clark I've got going, but it still kind of works for Lex too)

The rest don't seem to work for him though... grumble

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
I'm working on an anti-universe right now, so a lot of my songs are a bit less on the "happy" side right now... But they will work for Lex! laugh

Purple Yellow Red and Blue

Up in the Air (works really well for my anti-Clark I've got going, but it still kind of works for Lex too)

The rest don't seem to work for him though... grumble
I have a list of songs I've put together for my anti-universe fic somewhere that I'll have to glance through.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
What about Big Girls Don\'t Cry by Fergie? That makes me think of Lois in early S3.

The referenced video is the extended version.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Ok, these are all Lois or Clark songs for me but some are Anti-Clark, Anti-Lois or alt-Clark (the series alt-Clark) or alt-Lois so I may need to explain as I list them.

Now, I'm not usually up for "darker" songs for Clark/Lois but Alt-Clark kind of lends himself to a slightly more depressing take in tone (not too much, and I consider Evanescence the darkest I get with him.)

Trouble by Bitter:Sweet (Season One Lois's perception of Clark at the beginning, before she gets to know him in season 2.) I had this one listed as my Anti-Lois's POV on Anti-Clark (but unlike Season One Lois tries to use it against him instead.)

I also have "So Close" by Evanescence listed for Alt-Clark's (NOT anti-Clark) pov with regards to Alt-Lois (which is in a similar situation to the "Stanger's in a Strange Land" Alt-Lois.)

I thought I had a song for anti-Jimmy somewhere but it looks like I decided to focus on just the three versions of Clark and Lois (mostly the Anti and Alt Clark and Loises) instead of expanding on the supporting cast.

CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
A
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
A
How about "Ride on Time" by Snap for HG Wells?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I heard a great song the other day at the end of yoga class but I forgot to ask the teacher what it was called and I tried looking for it on YouTube, but couldn't find it. frown It was all about how the singer (a woman) hadn't known love until she met him, and she would wait for him, and even if he never returned at least she'll have known love. (Very NK arc).

On a silly note: Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves would make a hilarious music video. I can just picture using the clips from Deter arc when everyone in the office started dancing for the "whoa whoa" sections, throwing up their arms. Clearly, this would be Clark thinking of Lois, possibly as he's walking to Lois's apartment just prior to AtAI or after UW proposes. evil If only I had editing talent and time, since I already have the prerequisite corny sick sense of humor.

Journey's Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) fits really well for how Clark is feeling during BatP and HoL. ("If he ever hurts you, know that true love won't desert you...")

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Christina:
Trouble by Bitter:Sweet (Season One Lois's perception of Clark at the beginning, before she gets to know him in season 2.) I had this one listed as my Anti-Lois's POV on Anti-Clark (but unlike Season One Lois tries to use it against him instead.)
I love this song!! Great group actually. Really does work for an anti-verse (and here I didn't even remember it). Got a great jazzy sound too.

--Mark Twain
Kerth
Kerth
Just heard this song today: "True Love" by P!nk for Lois and Clark's up and down relationship...

"At the same time, I wanna hug you
I wanna wrap my hands around your neck
You're an ***hole but I love you
And you make me so mad I ask myself
Why I'm still here, or where could I go
You're the only love I've ever known
But I hate you, I really hate you,
So much, I think it must be

True love, true love
It must be true love
Nothing else can break my heart like
True love, true love,
It must be true love
And no one else can break my heart like you"

I heard this and thought it was the perfect anthem to Lois and Clark's relationship a la seasons 1 and 2. laugh True love... sloppy

--Mark Twain
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I was listening to Pandora (my Pink Martini station) and I heard a song that immediately made me think of Lois's point of view With regards to Clark during "Resurrection" up to "Whine, Whine, Whine."

Is you Is or Is you ain\'t my Baby?

Top Banana
Top Banana
I watched the movie Across the Universe, and these two songs seem appropriate:

Clark:

I\'ve Just Seen a Face

Lois:

If I Fell

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Top Banana
Top Banana
For Lex:

It's Hard to be Humble, by Mac Davis

and

I'm Too Sexy, by Right Said Fred

Edit: I could also see the song I'm Too Sexy Being Used for the montage where Clark tries on the different superhero costumes.

Last edited by Annie B.; 08/03/14 02:29 PM.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I can see Lois singing Dan Hill's "Sometimes when we touch" to Clark. The opening verse fits in nicely when Clark first confesses his love after Lex proposes. http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=uVf940pO5ME

Features Writer
Features Writer
'There she goes' by Sixpence None the Richer is Lois Lane to a -T-

TEEEEEJ

Last edited by shimauma; 11/15/14 03:50 PM.

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard