Print Thread
#259226 11/08/14 02:15 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So... what do you think now?

TOC

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Features Writer
Features Writer
Beautiful. Perfect.

Safe. In Clark's arms she was safe.

Loved. In his eyes she was loved. She was worth loving.

Wanted. In his heart she was wanted … desired … needed.

Her heart rate soared and she felt heat pool in her stomach. Her breath caught as she recalled the feeling of Clark's lips on hers, his hands on her body, his chest clasped close to hers, their feet tangled in soft cotton sheets.

Lois felt a tear trickle down her cheek at the love she felt coming from him, the love she felt for him.

This passage brought (happy) tears to my eyes. clap

And oh how this already is changing Lois! I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this story... and hoping it's soon.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Top Banana
Top Banana
Victoria,

This has a bit of the concept that Ken is working through with Lois and Clark getting married in GGGOH and how that would impact the remainder of the season 1 episodes. And I am loving that set of stories of course. Does this go back to Virginia's challenge or was this in the mill before that?

Can't wait to see where/how you take it from here as since Lois will know Clark is for her the first time she sees him (the reverse of the time honored Clark falling for Lois as soon as he sees her). How will she work the process, will Clark get scared, will she/when will she tell him about Lane's visit and their future, and of course since she knows she will live to be 97 will she be even more of a risk taker than usual?

This story series has me VERY excited!

This to me was the kernel of the story that will make the remainder of the series really work for me.
Lane had said that Lois would marry. Someone called Clark. Someone perfect.

Lois, unexpectedly, shivered in pleasure at the thought. Clark Kent. Her husband.

She dropped her hand and smiled.

Yes. Somehow, she knew. Clark Kent was her husband, or would be. She could even picture him in her mind. Tall, broad shouldered, dark, thick, beautiful hair … and strong arms, the strongest arms in the world. Lois could even feel those arms around her. Her heart skipped a beat.

Her heart rate soared and she felt heat pool in her stomach. Her breath caught as she recalled the feeling of Clark's lips on hers, his hands on her body, his chest clasped close to hers, their feet tangled in soft cotton sheets.

Lois felt a tear trickle down her cheek at the love she felt coming from him, the love she felt for him.

She looked up to the sky and took a deep breath. Gazing at the darkening blue she was suddenly assailed by the feeling of soaring up above the skyline. It seemed so real, so amazing.

Lane had said that Clark was different, was 'super'.

Well, everything she'd experienced, so far, through these visions, confirmed that.

And of course the final setup...
One thing she did know. Somehow.

She met … would meet … him there. The Daily Planet.

Lois smiled. The Planet was a dream, a vision, a goal she had nurtured for so long. Well now she had even more reason to work there. And the sooner, the better. She rifled in her bag and pulled out the internship application form. Full of purpose and inner strength she stood, hitched her bag over one shoulder, folded her coat over her forearm and headed across the street for the Daily Planet lobby.

Thanks

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmmm. Will Lois gaining Lane's love and admiration for Clark change how she reacts in the future, either prior to or when meeting Clark? Will she search for him before arrives in Metropolis? Will she be better prepared to avoid the likes of Paul and Claude? Will knowing that there is some man out there who will love her change her personality any (i.e. will she lose her edge)? Will she be (gasp) disappointed that this bespectacled farmboy is HIM? Will it cause her to make him jump through more hoops? Will she be more likely to recognize Superman on site as Clark and accidentally out him? Oh, the possibilities are endless! clap Great set up.

Along with the others, I loved the words of love Lois felt with Lane's memories. Awwwww. I really liked how you showed that this was a new feeling for Lois that kind of surprises and overtakes her. Can't wait to see what you have lined up next for these characters. I'll bet it will be fun. evil

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois smiled. The Planet was a dream, a vision, a goal she had nurtured for so long. Well now she had even more reason to work there. And the sooner, the better. She rifled in her bag and pulled out the internship application form. Full of purpose and inner strength she stood, hitched her bag over one shoulder, folded her coat over her forearm and headed across the street for the Daily Planet lobby.

A proper end to the beginning. Let's watch them fall in love all over again ... (Happy sigh!) love

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Beautiful! I am loving the story and am so excited for the next installment to start up. It is such an interesting and unique start to the story we all love. Really excited to see where you take us smile...

Lois' feelings already for her future husband are so touching. Wonderfully written, KK clap

Super excited!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 11/09/14 12:39 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I'm hooked and eager for the full story to follow. smile

I especially liked the passage:

The parallel structure really worked well in enhancing the already high amount of WAFF.

So, is Lois going to react to Clark the way S1 canon-Lois did to Superman (i.e., behaving like a schoolgirl with her first crush), and, if so, will that put Clark off a bit? After all, one of the things that seemed to attract canon-Clark to her is her fire. If he doesn't see that side of her because she is all googly-eyes in his presence, will he react to her with the same fervor as canon-Clark?

Obviously, since the next story is longer than this one, they can't just "click" from the start. Maybe Lois will have a negative reaction to Clark's double life and, more importantly, to his keeping a secret from her? (She will, after all, realize from the get-go that CK=S.) Or will she put two and two together at Superman's debut and call him by name when he swallows the bomb? That would certainly cause Clark to panic.

There are a lot of ways that this story can develop but, given that it is a KK story, we know that it will end well. smile

Looking forward to the ride in between.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I liked this story! clap
Can we have another?

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Queenie,

Rest assured, there is another. This was the setup for the main story. You will not be disappointed.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by LWhite
It still feels like this could go in so many ways!
I guess it could ... but - in my mind - there's only one way ... and you'll get to see it soon.

Good that Lois now believes 'Lane' - that should make things very interesting.
Well, she couldn't exactly deny it once she got Lane's memories!

I really liked the way this was written as well.

Looking forwards!
Thank you very much.

Originally Posted by cuidadora
Beautiful. Perfect.
grin Thanks

This passage brought (happy) tears to my eyes. clap
Good, it was supposed to. smile

And oh how this already is changing Lois! I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this story... and hoping it's soon.
It should be soon. I have six chapters finished, but at least 3 more to go.

Originally Posted by Mike M
Victoria,

This has a bit of the concept that Ken is working through with Lois and Clark getting married in GGGOH and how that would impact the remainder of the season 1 episodes. And I am loving that set of stories of course. Does this go back to Virginia's challenge or was this in the mill before that?
The scene which playing in my mind to set the whole thing going was added to my plot lists way over a year ago, before Virginia's challenge and before Ken's story. When he finished posting GGGoH I was a little surprised at his twist. Anyway, the inspiration to finally write out this scene came over me a few months ago, except it ended up being a bit longer than I expected!!!!

I'm hoping this series will be significantly different from Ken's ... I don't want to duplicate his work, and you'd all be pretty bored. But there is a good chance it will be different as Lois has all these memories from the very beginning of their acquaintance.

Can't wait to see where/how you take it from here as since Lois will know Clark is for her the first time she sees him (the reverse of the time honored Clark falling for Lois as soon as he sees her).
I hope you all like that idea! Although, I'm not sure if I class it as a true reversal, because that would mean Clark being indifferent - or worse than indifferent - to Lois.

How will she work the process, will Clark get scared, will she/when will she tell him about Lane's visit and their future, and of course since she knows she will live to be 97 will she be even more of a risk taker than usual?
Lots of questions. Most will be answered in the next story.

This story series has me VERY excited!
Thanks. Hope I can live up to your expectations.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Hmmm. Will Lois gaining Lane's love and admiration for Clark change how she reacts in the future, either prior to or when meeting Clark? Will she search for him before arrives in Metropolis? Will she be better prepared to avoid the likes of Paul and Claude? Will knowing that there is some man out there who will love her change her personality any (i.e. will she lose her edge)? Will she be (gasp) disappointed that this bespectacled farmboy is HIM? Will it cause her to make him jump through more hoops? Will she be more likely to recognize Superman on site as Clark and accidentally out him? Oh, the possibilities are endless! clap Great set up.
You will need to read the follow up to get the answer to all these questions. grin

Along with the others, I loved the words of love Lois felt with Lane's memories. Awwwww. I really liked how you showed that this was a new feeling for Lois that kind of surprises and overtakes her. Can't wait to see what you have lined up next for these characters. I'll bet it will be fun. evil
Thanks. I wanted Lois to fully integrate Lane's memories and feelings, not fight them, so I'm glad that worked.

Originally Posted by Morgana
A proper end to the beginning. Let's watch them fall in love all over again ... (Happy sigh!) love
Yeah. I'm hoping for lots of love between the two of them.

Originally Posted by LMA
Beautiful! I am loving the story and am so excited for the next installment to start up. It is such an interesting and unique start to the story we all love. Really excited to see where you take us smile...
I'm excited too. This story has grown so much bigger than my first idea.

Lois' feelings already for her future husband are so touching.
Oh yeah. Lois is completely overwhelmed by her feelings already.

Wonderfully written, KK clap

Super excited!
Laura
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I'm hooked and eager for the full story to follow. smile
Me too. I'm eager to start posting. But I'm worried that I wouldn't keep up with writing and then you'd have to wait while I caught up.

I especially liked the passage:

Yeah, it's lovely. *sigh*

The parallel structure really worked well in enhancing the already high amount of WAFF.

So, is Lois going to react to Clark the way S1 canon-Lois did to Superman (i.e., behaving like a schoolgirl with her first crush), and, if so, will that put Clark off a bit?
I like that idea - Lois being a 'Clark Kent groupie' rather than a 'Superman groupie'.

After all, one of the things that seemed to attract canon-Clark to her is her fire. If he doesn't see that side of her because she is all googly-eyes in his presence, will he react to her with the same fervor as canon-Clark?
Well, we will just have to see.

Obviously, since the next story is longer than this one, they can't just "click" from the start. Maybe Lois will have a negative reaction to Clark's double life and, more importantly, to his keeping a secret from her? (She will, after all, realize from the get-go that CK=S.) Or will she put two and two together at Superman's debut and call him by name when he swallows the bomb? That would certainly cause Clark to panic.
It would. I'm sure I've read a couple of short vignettes to the effect of Lois recognizing Clark at that point.

There are a lot of ways that this story can develop but, given that it is a KK story, we know that it will end well. smile
Hmm. Seems I've got a reputation now ... everyone knows that I like happy endings!

Looking forward to the ride in between.

Joy,
Lynn
Hope you enjoy it.

Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
I liked this story! clap
Can we have another?
Yup.

Originally Posted by KenJ
Queenie,

Rest assured, there is another. This was the setup for the main story. You will not be disappointed.
Thanks Ken.

And as Ken has seen as far as chapter six you can trust his word!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Ken is such a tease. smile can't wait.

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
We always think of Lois being driven and go-getting about her internship at the Planet - but I like how you show her fears and the temptation to just not apply. Everyone has to overcome that feeling of "I can't". Lois was fortunate enough to get her older self's memories which gave her all the gumption she needed.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard