Print Thread
#259096 11/01/14 06:13 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
This is where the comments go. smile

TOC

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Honestly, this is as much fun to read as the first time! Imagine the back and forth between Lois and Lane. Lois being young and a know it all, while Lane calmly and serenely puts her in her place.

Priceless! grin

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you for posting! dance

If KK hasn't said that she hates angst, I could think of some very angsty responses (or ripples in time) by 97 y.o. Lois meeting 19 y.o. Lois. Which was probably Tempus's plan for bringing her there. Will by seeing that Lane is a happily married 97 y.o. convince Lois to change her life completely and NOT turn in her internship application to the D.P.?

The question is HOW will Lois react upon meeting Clark Kent? Oooooh, I can't wait! hyper This is going to be good.

I liked Lane's proof of her identity, but I can understand Lois being skeptical... because that's her nature.

I feel like you're teasing us with these snippets and withholding the rest of the story for next time. I'm ready to read more! What's going to happen next?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Good story so far. Time travel stories can involve all sorts of trouble, so I'm waiting to see where you're going to go with it. There's no way that Lois would resist Clark for as long as she did if she already knew they were inevitably going to get married. And if that timeline changes, what effects result? Maybe that's why you said this story could lead to a whole series of stories! grin

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Seriously??? I feel like (young) Lois...."Clark?" On edge of my sofa waiting for more. smile

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think I'll step in here and relieve some of the tension, or perhaps create more - this 4 part story is a prequel of sorts for a later story. Virginia came close with her surmises. The thing is - you need all 4 parts of this before we can move on. Patience is a virtue and will be rewarded. I think that, through long association, this young lady has picked up some of my bad habits - this could end up being a LONG story the way she has it plotted out. This isn't going to be like my current series 8 - 12 chapters and on to the next one.

Last edited by KenJ; 11/02/14 01:24 AM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh-wow! Awesome smile

Ok, so she now knows of 'Clark Kent', that her future self is married (apparently very happily, of course) to Clark Kent, and she knows there is something special about him because Lois has aged so well. Hmmm, yah--what she does with this info, that is going to be interesting! So curious to see how Lois is going to react to all of Lane's news...and see how it will then effect her life.

Very interesting, KK smile --loving it!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 11/02/14 12:46 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Keep in mind that young Lois is VERY skeptical about this. The information about the shoplifting notwithstanding. She isn't convinced that Lane is who she says she is.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana
Honestly, this is as much fun to read as the first time! Imagine the back and forth between Lois and Lane. Lois being young and a know it all, while Lane calmly and serenely puts her in her place.

Priceless! grin
Thanks Morgana. Yeah, young Lois is pretty sure of herself ... and Lane is really going to blow her mind!

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Thank you for posting! dance
You're welcome.

If KK hasn't said that she hates angst, I could think of some very angsty responses (or ripples in time) by 97 y.o. Lois meeting 19 y.o. Lois. Which was probably Tempus's plan for bringing her there.
Well, even though I don't like angst ... I'm not against adventure, and intrigue, and mystery, and suspense!!! And what was Tempus' plan? Guess we'll never know.

Will by seeing that Lane is a happily married 97 y.o. convince Lois to change her life completely and NOT turn in her internship application to the D.P.?
She already considering NOT turning it in - even without meeting Lane, cause she can't see that she'll have the time to do it ... or have a good enough reference to be in the running.

The question is HOW will Lois react upon meeting Clark Kent? Oooooh, I can't wait! hyper This is going to be good.
Yes, how will she react. Hmmm. That could make an interesting story. Hmmm.

I liked Lane's proof of her identity, but I can understand Lois being skeptical... because that's her nature.
Absolutely.

I feel like you're teasing us with these snippets and withholding the rest of the story for next time. I'm ready to read more! What's going to happen next?
LOL. You've no idea how right you are.

Originally Posted by groobie
Good story so far. Time travel stories can involve all sorts of trouble, so I'm waiting to see where you're going to go with it. There's no way that Lois would resist Clark for as long as she did if she already knew they were inevitably going to get married. And if that timeline changes, what effects result? Maybe that's why you said this story could lead to a whole series of stories! grin
Yup. Sequel is already in the works. Or maybe I should call it the 'main story' and this the 'prologue'.

Originally Posted by Tailee
Seriously??? I feel like (young) Lois...."Clark?" On edge of my sofa waiting for more. smile
You will get more, you will.

Originally Posted by KenJ
I think I'll step in here and relieve some of the tension, or perhaps create more - this 4 part story is a prequel of sorts for a later story. Virginia came close with her surmises. The thing is - you need all 4 parts of this before we can move on. Patience is a virtue and will be rewarded. I think that, through long association, this young lady has picked up some of my bad habits - this could end up being a LONG story the way she has it plotted out. This isn't going to be like my current series 8 - 12 chapters and on to the next one.
Ken is right. The idea that set this all off is actually the next story and that's what I started writing a few months ago. BUT, my muse kicked in with this little Prologue. You actually were not going to get this to start with ... and you'd have had to figure out what happened to Lois all on your lonesome!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by LMA
Oh-wow! Awesome smile

Ok, so she now knows of 'Clark Kent', that her future self is married (apparently very happily, of course) to Clark Kent, and she knows there is something special about him because Lois has aged so well. Hmmm, yah--what she does with this info, that is going to be interesting! So curious to see how Lois is going to react to all of Lane's news...and see how it will then effect her life.

Very interesting, KK smile --loving it!
Laura
How Lois deals with all this ... is going to be very interesting .... grin

Originally Posted by KenJ
Keep in mind that young Lois is VERY skeptical about this. The information about the shoplifting notwithstanding. She isn't convinced that Lane is who she says she is.
*nods* Lois does not believe Lane, she already thinks she knows how Lane could know all this anyway. And there's more to come. And it's really not gonna convince her ... well, not immediately! But then, you already know all this, don't you Ken. grin

KatherineKent/Victoria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You've really got me intrigued. Older Lois has told her younger counterpart so many incredible and important things. Even if Younger Lois totally discounts everything, when she goes ahead and meets Clark, she'll think about what Older Lois has to say. This will certainly change Younger Lois' future.

But I'm counting on you to have some clever plotting and good drama to take us through those changes.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard