Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#259039 10/30/14 12:32 PM
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
There have been a number of stories written in an attempt to explain just who the baby from the Family Hour was, where he came from and why he was given to Lois and Clark and for just how long. dance

I gave my take on it in Volume 6 of the Matchmaker Chronicles. peep

I recently recompiled The Unaired Fifth Season as well as Season 5 & Season 6 and produced e-book files of them. Naturally, in order to test them I had to load them onto my Kindle and listed to them. clap rotflol

As is to be expected, TUFS started out with a story about the baby. evil

I'd like to get the titles of more of these stories and some comments on how they came across. help

Unless I'm greatly mistaken Pat AKA Angelsgmaw posted her take recently here - Family Hour Baby’s Story. thumbsup

That's three to get the ball rolling. Is there anyone out there that can add? huh

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was going to mention Pat's story, but you beat me to it. The story, Missing Lois, is my interpretation on how S5 and S6 could have gone and delves into where the baby came from.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
There are quite a few but I will start with a couple of interesting ones:

The Circle Of Life (Family Hour Part 2) - Michelle Savage
Lois and Clark find that the circle of life repeats
itself when they discover the truth behind the mysterious
appearance of the baby in "The Family Hour."

Full Circle - Crystal Wimmer
This takes place in seasons 10, 20, and back into 4. It gives what is,
in my opinion, a different explanation for the baby that Lois and
Clark receive in the series finale, "Family Hour". -- There is
no villain, other than the emotions and life situations of the
characters themselves. I range through simple development into
major life trauma, and even I got confused at times <g>. -- At
times, Lois and Clark become supporting characters to the rest of
the story. Fear not, they play a large role in the majority of
the story, but sometimes they seem to fade into the background.
As with any family, the same members are not always in the
limelight. -- I took some liberties with exploring different
levels of emotional development, and even physical development,
and some aspects of lifetime friendships that have intrigued me
for years. This was a personal tangent, and I hope it doesn't
confuse anyone.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The Persistence of Memory by Zoomway is one of my favorites. It actually skips around the show's timeline (including before and after the aired seasons), rather than just being a straight-up Season 5 + Future that many of these stories seem to be.

~•~
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I mentioned that TUFS started off with a baby story. Since I started this thread I switched over to Season 5 and it also started with a baby story, go figure.

Hi Virginia,

The reason I was able to cite Pat's story was because it was so recent. I have to admit, to my chagrin, I was so busy writing my own stories that I missed "Missing Lois" I'll have to check it out.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for those two. I'll need to check them out.

Queenie,

Thanks for that one. Is Zoomway still writing? I haven't seen anything by Zoomway since I found the boards a couple of years ago.

Last edited by KenJ; 11/01/14 06:08 PM.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
KenJ - Actually, I'm not even sure if Zoomway was still around when I joined, either.

Oh! There's another one that isn't part of a pretend season (as far as I know): Kidnapped by Yvonne Connell. I haven't read it yet myself, but I've heard it's good...if you like Angst.

Last edited by Queen of the Capes; 11/01/14 07:12 PM.

~•~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I recalled that Nan Smith had written a series of stories that included the Family Hour baby, but I couldn't remember the name of the series. When I went to the archive, I came upon a story from another author that discusses the baby. This is not a recommendation, since I haven't read this story myself, but Carrie Smith wrote Miracle Child, the description of which is, "A continuation of "The Family Hour" in which the question of where the baby came from is answered."

The Nan story I had been trying to remember was Doppelganger. The story summary is, "In this conclusion to the episode "Family Hour," Lois is haunted by a stalker; meanwhile someone has been making attempts on Clark's life. Evidence suggests that it's connected to their new adopted son, CJ, but what is the connection, and will the couple uncover it in time to save their lives?"

Anyone who has ever read any of Nan's stories knows that her name on the story is all the recommendation anyone should need; but for those who have not yet read her fanfic, I'll just say that you can't go wrong with her stories.

Happy reading,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
I started to write this as a Harry Potter crossover - the baby is Neville from the HP books - but never got very far with it and can't now find the file. I think I posted a fragment of it here a couple of years ago.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Marcus Rowland
I started to write this as a Harry Potter crossover - the baby is Neville from the HP books - but never got very far with it and can't now find the file. I think I posted a fragment of it here a couple of years ago.
That sounds like an interesting twist, Marcus. I sure hope you find it. You've piqued my curiosity on why Neville was left with Lois and Clark or if he were actually from Krypton, too.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Found it!

I think I was fed up with everyone posting "Harry is adopted by XXX" stories and wanted to do something different, but I never really sorted out a good rationale for it.

Last edited by Marcus Rowland; 11/09/14 09:02 PM.

Marcus L. Rowland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Marcus Rowland
Found it!

I think I was fed up with everyone posting "Harry is adopted by XXX" stories and wanted to do something different, but I never really sorted out a good rationale for it.
Fun, Marcus. But if he were "adopted" by Lois and Clark, wouldn't his name be Neville Longbottom Kent? wink

VirginiaR.
---
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well Dumbledore would do something like that. Magic might let him know that Clark is Superman and then all you need is a reason. So closest married relatives works. Skips of many closer relatives like his grandmother but gets him well protected.

Kerth
Kerth
Except that Superman does seem to be vulnerable to magic.

Marcus L. Rowland
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
But mainly in that it works on him as well as it does anyone. He still is better able to spot problems and get out of the way more then anyone else.

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I don't know about that. That fifth dimensional imp causes him a lot of problems.

kj

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard